Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 15-07-2021, 20:28   #871
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Can you use QuickTime or something similarly named on the 360?
Nor Realplayer.

Sorry Richard, couldn't resist.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2021, 20:30   #872
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Lol, bloody Spellchecker
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2021, 14:58   #873
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

My 360 boxes have had a software update overnight to version 4.34. I have only had the briefest of looks but at first glance it seems that there are a few more options for selecting catch-up programmes and also for organizing recorded shows. I was secretly hoping that any update would include the All4 app - but no luck.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 13:46   #874
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
First real problem, now had a couple of recordings fail.

Error code CS2200. Recording failed due to a technical issue??
Long thread but I'm not sure this has been answered. So - here goes:

In SETTINGS/SYSTEM do a factory reset on the Mini and the V6. That sorted it out for me.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 13:58   #875
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Apologies ive not been on this forum for a bit and being totally honest I havent read all of this thread.

We are really liking our 360 however there odes seem one lack of functionality regarding series links. the old box allowed you to select only new episodes whilst the 360 seems to default to everything.

Have a missed something in the options ?

otherwise its great, I use the voice remote way more than I thought and its smaller to boot.

Happy New year all
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 14:43   #876
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The series links option gives you all available series. Once you start watching, the system remembers what you have seen, and you can delete it once seen, and the watchlist will indicate what you have watched (on the 360), so it’s easy enough to see where you are.

It just works a different way.
Old 05-01-2022, 19:54   #877
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Keep reading about 360 can't say I have noticed anything worth changing for but will keep looking . Unless I quit due to price rise . Not advised as yet .
Old 24-08-2022, 16:14   #878
Meng
cf.member

Meng is an unknown quantity at this point

Just switched to 360. I assumed it would have Wishlists.

How naive of me.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2022, 21:05   #879
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post

How naive of me.
You can search for everything that is available, but not for what is not available. Suits me, frankly.
Old 25-08-2022, 15:47   #880
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post

How naive of me.
The WATCHLIST works in a similar way to the old TiVo Wishlist or Bookmarks, but only for content that is available in the epg, stream, catch up, or in the apps etc. Search for a title and it will list all available content or episodes and where they are available to view then select to Add To Watchlist for easy finding and viewing later. Took me a while to get used to it but mastered it now. Its now my most used feature!
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:08   #881
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light

Just received my 360 box. But have we lost the ability to search Netflix, and series links for netflix.
If i do a search, all i get is youtube stuff.
Must admit this is something i use a lot, and will be a pain if we loose that
lemarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:51   #882
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarsh View Post
Just received my 360 box. But have we lost the ability to search Netflix, and series links for netflix.
If i do a search, all i get is youtube stuff.
Must admit this is something i use a lot, and will be a pain if we loose that
To be fair searching Netflix titles also doesn’t work on the Virgin Media stream box neither does adding Netflix shows to your watchlist. Not sure who’s at fault here but I’d guess at Netflix not wanting you to search or add to watchlist outside of their own app.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:14   #883
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light

ok - but i could have (and did have before i lost them, which i knew would happen) Netflix series links, which each episode. But looks like that feature has gone. Pity
See I can do Dinsey+ watchlists, although not sure what a watchlist is so far!
lemarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:36   #884
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Try navigating to the drop-down that says ‘All’ and change it to ‘Netflix’.
Netflix want to be searched separately.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 16:42   #885
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Just received a new Virgin box today. an upgrade from Tivo . We will fit it later. I hope there is no problems
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote