Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Old 11-08-2018, 15:59   #856
MatthewEastaugh
cf.member

MatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Looks like Dave SD and Gold SD will be disappearing, leaving only the HD versions. Which will be odd for those on Player, who seem to be getting Dave Ja Vu but not the non timeshift channel as a result..

https://twitter.com/virginmedia/stat...266934784?s=19
MatthewEastaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2018, 16:00   #857
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
They won't be doing that..
I don't think that they'll be doing that either Den, AFAIK no discounts were specifically or contractually linked to the removal of the UKTV channels.

I've got £3 per month off, which i'll now accept in lieu of the inconvenience and annoyance that this incident caused.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 16:05   #858
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I don't think that they'll be doing that either Den, AFAIK no discounts were specifically or contractually linked to the removal of the UKTV channels.

I've got £3 per month off, which i'll now accept in lieu of the inconvenience and annoyance that this incident caused.
Surely you must already have accepted Richard otherwise why would it still be available to you?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 16:14   #859
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Surely you must already have accepted Richard otherwise why would it still be available to you?
I reluctantly accepted this abysmal sum in lieu of the missing UKTV channels. What i'm saying to those who think that the return of these channels should lead to the cancellation of discounts is that I now regard this as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience and annoyance caused by the incident and the appalling way that staff handled it.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 16:27   #860
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenryashley View Post
Anyone who got a discount for the loss of these channels are quids in. Or will there be another twist? Do they take the discount back.
Just as well VM are keen on written contracts confirming discounts
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 16:27   #861
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I reluctantly accepted this abysmal sum in lieu of the missing UKTV channels. What i'm saying to those who think that the return of these channels should lead to the cancellation of discounts is that I now regard this as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience and annoyance caused by the incident and the appalling way that staff handled it.
That's fair enough, I just wondered.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 17:01   #862
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well this has all worked out very well ! New contract with an £18 discount and an extra £50 credit because of this ! Doubtless lots others got simlar too .

Well played VM
Nice to see you happy and positive at last, Mr K!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 17:01   #863
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Nice to see you happy and positive at last, Mr K!

I got very similar to Mr K, so good result......
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 17:35   #864
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

Seems it all worked out in the end. Glad to see all the parties came to their senses.

Was looking like VM had scored a bit of an own goal and now they come out of it smelling of roses.

Wonder how much these deals to keep customers happy has cost them though?

Like Mr K and others this has worked out pretty well for me personally.

I was on the Full House package with Sky Sports. Upgraded to VIP and saved myself £10 per month. Got a £50 credit to boot. Now got my UKTV channels back.

Just need VM to get Premier Sports incorporated into the VIP bundle and if they can add Sky Atlantic while they're at it..............
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 17:36   #865
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I'm glad we didn't fork out for another way to view these channels.
Old 11-08-2018, 18:14   #866
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

UKTV channels have adverts ?

If so I would imagine their advertisers told them to get the viewers back or they would reduce what they pay for advertising.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 18:56   #867
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I find that the staff at Virgin are always courteous when I have cause to contact them. Remember that those on 1st line support will only have briefing notes to rely upon and will not know the whole picture, I do hope that when you refer to "staff" you don't mean these people. In a perfect world the negotiations would have been concluded prior to the expiry of the contract and life would have gone on as normal. Regretfully we live in an imperfect world with UKTV and Virgin going eyeball to eyeball for 3 weeks has resulted in some channels not being available however all my recordings were still available to me to watch so as far I am concerned I have not been inconvenienced and it would have been churlish to demand a reduction in my monthly payment.

Getting £3 a month off seems hardly worth the effort.

Last edited by 007stuart; 11-08-2018 at 20:25. Reason: missed word
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 20:23   #868
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I still want to know more about your disability that prevents you from watching "live" TV.

Please indulge me.
Old 11-08-2018, 20:38   #869
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Gold and Dave will be the 1st channels on VM that are only available in HD, won't they?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 20:44   #870
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Gold and Dave will be the 1st channels on VM that are only available in HD, won't they?
No.

Bloomburg and France 24 are HD only as is ZooMoo and NKHworld