Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 14-01-2015, 17:23   #901
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

We use Premier all the time and this is the first this has happened, Might just stick to Travel Lodge ,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2015, 17:25   #902
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Thankfully every time we have used PI everything has been fine.
Old 14-01-2015, 17:30   #903
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
We use Premier all the time and this is the first this has happened, Might just stick to Travel Lodge ,
Normally you get a full refund if you cancel but not on the Saver bookings which to be fair is understandable.
Old 14-01-2015, 22:55   #904
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We know that when we book, it is just unlucky if something else causes us to cancell, I could not fault them ,they are great to stay in,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 15:52   #905
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of friends of mine had the same trouble. They'd booked hotels and train tickets to follow a band on some random tour dates but the band pulled out.
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 21:40   #906
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The use of the word "Traditional" when it comes to food.

You see food like Cottage or Shepherds Pie and they have chilli in them. I meean WTF chilli is not a Traditional British food

The other is Traditional Fish & Chips, they should be cooked in beef dripping, NOT any oil.
Old 16-01-2015, 09:34   #907
rhyds
Inactive

rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

You see food like Cottage or Shepherds Pie and they have chilli in them.
Stuff like that really annoys me. I can't have chilli (as it makes me unwell), but "food engineers" (you can't really call them chefs or cooks) are adding it to just about everything, ususally to disguise the taste of cheap meat, or possibly to disguise reduced salt levels.

The worst was when my sister put some gherkins with a meal. Turns out they were pickled gherkins with chilli. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
Old 16-01-2015, 10:10   #908
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Staff.......
Old 16-01-2015, 10:14   #909
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I too cannot eat chilli, spicy food does not agree with me at all. I suffered last week when I bought a Korma in a supermarket. Korma normally meant to be mild with no spices in it. This one had been loaded with spice and I suffered badly all evening with indigestion, even though I had taken my medication. Gaviscon was luckily on hand to help ease the pain.

I feel like complaining to all these supermarkets and ask why add spice to a dish that is not meant to have spice in it.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 10:15   #910
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Staff.......
I'll come and work for you
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 10:15   #911
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Toilet's got blocked. I keep filling the pan to the top with a bucket hoping it'll unblock itself. Don't want to think about the alternative.
Old 16-01-2015, 10:22   #912
rhyds
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Toilet's got blocked. I keep filling the pan to the top with a bucket hoping it'll unblock itself. Don't want to think about the alternative.
Might be worth getting hold of the "strong" acid based drain unblocker from B&Q

http://www.diy.com/departments/one-s.../254799_BQ.prd

Just be careful as its pretty nasty stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I too cannot eat chilli, spicy food does not agree with me at all. I suffered last week when I bought a Korma in a supermarket. Korma normally meant to be mild with no spices in it. This one had been loaded with spice and I suffered badly all evening with indigestion, even though I had taken my medication. Gaviscon was luckily on hand to help ease the pain.

I feel like complaining to all these supermarkets and ask why add spice to a dish that is not meant to have spice in it.

The only reason I can imagine for the prevalence of chilli is to hide crap ingredients and the reduction of salt in foods.

The only thing currently guaranteed not to have chilli added is breakfast cereal, but that can't last long...
Old 16-01-2015, 10:41   #913
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Virgin Media's billing system Just renewed my phone line rental saver. Got various acknowledgements from them, so far so good.

Received new bill from them yesterday. On in is recorded payment by card for Line Rental saver, payment of it AND a payment for the monthly rental Phone them up and guy says oh I note we forgot to set the marker to say you've paid it.

Why if the billing system knows you paid does it insist on a separate marker being set?
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 11:04   #914
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
Might be worth getting hold of the "strong" acid based drain unblocker from B&Q

http://www.diy.com/departments/one-s.../254799_BQ.prd

Just be careful as its pretty nasty stuff.
Thanks. If push comes to shove. It's only paper blocking it and only just in the bend so I'm hoping the paper breaks down and dissolves away. It's happened before just not this bad.
Old 16-01-2015, 13:16   #915
rhyds
Inactive

The acid stuff will dssolve paper so should help.