Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 28-02-2014, 15:30   #1066
tizmeinnit

Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

If you do not have the means to get supporting evidence off the GP and then the DWP does not ask for information how in gods name can they come up with a proper decision ?

My GPs recently have been less than useless I continually go with my issues asking for help but come up short every time all they ever want to do it give me pills. The evidence of my condition however dates back to when I was 12 so there are a lot of reports in my files dating back the 30+ years that would need to be looked through
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2014, 15:51   #1067
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Our local GP is saying that providing additional information to ATOS or DWP is in excess of his contract, so more money is needed.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 15:55   #1068
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Our local GP is saying that providing additional information to ATOS or DWP is in excess of his contract, so more money is needed.
Probably looking for his £20 per support letter (or whatever he charges)
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 19:26   #1069
RizzyKing

My consultants all told me the DWP could request any information but wouldn't give me anything I could send to them myself so not as clear cut as the system seems to think I know at the time of my atos assessment my gp submitted info as requested by the DWP but they didn't contact any of the consultants which I thought a bit weird.
Old 28-02-2014, 19:37   #1070
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

The best thing you can do is request all your notes from your gp and demand that they arent to be edited in anyway way. It may cost up to £50 for this. Your notes will include any letters sent to and from your consultants and all test done and the results.

If you want to do this then please bare in mind that some of your notes might not be easy reading and could also do harm. They will state this or maybe if that is the case they could refuse to comply with the request altogether.
Old 02-03-2014, 13:00   #1071
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Police and Crime Commissioner for the West Midlands Bob Jones says the force is seeing big increases in thefts of essential items like food and nappies
Instead of criminals trying to steal high value items Mr Jones revealed that “desperate” people have been snatching bread, milk, meat and nappies.
The force has seen a big rise in the number of shoplifting offences – last year saw 29,104 in the West Midlands – a rise of 11 per cent.
The trend has been called “poverty crime” by the force, which they have admitted is “worrying”.
Mr Jones said the increase in low-level shoplifting could be linked to job losses and benefit cuts.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...arents-6735348

I bet there's a few people that didn't see that coming.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 13:17   #1072
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
The best thing you can do is request all your notes from your gp and demand that they arent to be edited in anyway way. It may cost up to £50 for this. Your notes will include any letters sent to and from your consultants and all test done and the results.

If you want to do this then please bare in mind that some of your notes might not be easy reading and could also do harm. They will state this or maybe if that is the case they could refuse to comply with the request altogether.
You can get this information for no more than £10.00 under the terms of a Subject Access Request should you wish but you have absolutely no right whatsoever to "demand that they arent to be edited in anyway way".
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 13:48   #1073
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
You can get this information for no more than £10.00 under the terms of a Subject Access Request should you wish but you have absolutely no right whatsoever to "demand that they arent to be edited in anyway way".
Is that to just look at them but not to have a hard copy?
Old 02-03-2014, 13:54   #1074
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Hard copy (I know someone who has done it).

It can cost up to £50 to access paper based records,

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 14:11   #1075
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
My consultants all told me the DWP could request any information but wouldn't give me anything I could send to them myself so not as clear cut as the system seems to think I know at the time of my atos assessment my gp submitted info as requested by the DWP but they didn't contact any of the consultants which I thought a bit weird.
When I found out the consultants send letters to the GP, whilst visiting my GP for I asked for a copy and they printed it off there and then for no cost. That may be one way of doing it as it only costs a few pence and doesn't involve other admin staff etc. From then on, I asked the consultant to also send a copy to me. It is the same report, therefore little extra cost and/or effort involved by them. The downside is that the reports are aimed at GPs and can contain medical terms which need further explanation to the DWP. I use the internet to find impartial explanations to give them. It can also be useful to point out the DWPs own medical advice to decision makers. That is available on the internet.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 22:11   #1076
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Why is it that ATOS have won this contract, l dont know. They dont bother obtaining a GP details for the patient. As they just decide that a patient - even if his is dying, is fit for work to save the government spending money on benefit.

As far as l know - isn't the Patients details strictly confidential. And doesn't the Data Protection act come into it.

Many times l have contact the surgery on behalf od my wife and the first thing they say is ' We are not allowed to give this out due to the DPA.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 22:21   #1077
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

When the government do it. all the rules go out the window.
that's what we vote for. we elect a government that we are happy to break the rules. plot against us. and give their mates in their circle loads of our money.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 18:43   #1078
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
A council housing officer who faked documents to secure properties for illegal immigrants in one of the biggest-ever frauds of its kind is facing jail...

... His “audacious” fraud was uncovered when auditors carried out an investigation into a housing application in 2011. They found that every document used to support the request was fake.

The team uncovered a paper trail of forged references and medical letters stretching back three years which resulted in 23 homes being given to bogus applicants, conning the council and the 20,000 on one of Britain’s longest waiting lists in genuine need of social housing out of properties.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...y-9123030.html

“I’m pleased to say that this is much harder since we clamped down hard on fraud, introduced passport scanners to help identify fake documents, and started using ever more intelligent data checks to uncover anything suspicious.”

Why didn't they 'clamp down hard' on this type of fraud before then?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 22:28   #1079
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...y-9123030.html

“I’m pleased to say that this is much harder since we clamped down hard on fraud, introduced passport scanners to help identify fake documents, and started using ever more intelligent data checks to uncover anything suspicious.”

Why didn't they 'clamp down hard' on this type of fraud before then?
These sorts of cases will keep happening until councils etc realise that they are meant to employ people in these types of positions, that represent this country, rather than are representative of it.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 06:50   #1080
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Disabled benefit delays unacceptable, say MPs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26615853