Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dollhouse : Season 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dollhouse : Season 2

Old 07-10-2009, 10:51   #1
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Dollhouse : Season 2

Enjoying season 2 so far, will be interesting to see how the events in S01E13 build up
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2009, 23:28   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Dollhouse : Season 1

Dollhouse has officially been cancelled. When it returns, it will have double episodes until episode 10. Apparantly Joss has enough time to tie up all the storylines.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...y_cancels.html
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 00:11   #3
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

I'd heard what they had done was Cancel any further episodes for this season which is currently 13(Normally they are around 22) but are not decided on another season yet. It is possible it will get yet another 13 ep renewal next season but I wouldn't hold out hope of that unless rating go up massivly which I cant see either. Its not exactly been Joss's finest work tbh anyway.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 14:38   #4
dust
Inactive

dust is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
I'd heard what they had done was Cancel any further episodes for this season which is currently 13(Normally they are around 22) but are not decided on another season yet. It is possible it will get yet another 13 ep renewal next season but I wouldn't hold out hope of that unless rating go up massivly which I cant see either. Its not exactly been Joss's finest work tbh anyway.
You were misinformed. It's cancelled. There will be no Series 3. Shame.
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 16:42   #5
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust View Post
You were misinformed. It's cancelled. There will be no Series 3. Shame.
I wasn't at the time that was the case. Maybe thats changed now. As I said though not really Joss's best work so I'm not to bothered. Hopefully he will start writing something with a bit more bang
Old 12-11-2009, 18:55   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Dollhouse : Season 2

Yep, its cancelled, this is the remaining US showtimes.

Dec. 4 - 8:00PM-10:00PM (Episodes 5 & 6)
Dec. 11 - 8:00PM-10:00PM (Episodes 7 & 8)
Dec. 18 - 8:00PM-10:00PM (Episodes 9 & 10)

Jan. 8 - 9:00PM-10:00PM (Episode 11)
Jan. 15 - 9:00PM-10:00PM (Episode 12)
Jan. 22 - 9:00PM-10:00PM (Episode 13 / Series Finale)

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 21:11   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

To be expected, really, given the horrendous ratings this season
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 22:50   #8
icestar2
Inactive

What was everyone else's opinion of this season so far anyway ? I thought it was starting to get intresting(Main storey) but the weekly storeys were getting a bit tiresome imo.

It has brought one or two actors/actresses to my attention though. Be intresting to keep an eye on some of their future projects
Old 13-11-2009, 00:38   #9
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

IMO...

Season 1: Weak start, got better half-way through, and had an excellent end (I mean Epitaph One).

Season 2: Not a great start, but better than the start of season 1. Too much Echo at first though. Got much much better with the most recent Sierra-centric episode.

I think it suffered from being "sexed up" (presumably at the behest of the network).

I also think it suffered from there being too much focus on Echo.

I do not think that Echo was a strong enough character to focus the show on (or a particularly sympathetic character - I had much more sympathy for the other Dolls' past lives than I did for Caroline & her animal rights whining).

I also don't think that Eliza Dushku was really good enough to carry the show as the lead. I loved her as Faith in Buffy/Angel, but in Dollhouse...

IMO the arc should have been started earlier, & the show should have focussed more on the ensemble.
Old 06-12-2009, 00:31   #10
cimt

Anyone else love episodes 5 and 6? IMO it should of been what the rest of the show was like.
Old 06-12-2009, 14:03   #11
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Yep, very good IMO. Although I think the Sierra episode was better.

The guy who plays Victor is really good - I thought his Mr Dominic impression was good, but Victor-as-Topher... he captured everything.

I don't get how/when Caroline would have encountered Summer Glau's character though.

Nice twist with the wife actually being the handler & Senator Wesley being the Doll (or sort of Doll).

Roll on Epitaph Two...
Old 06-12-2009, 19:54   #12
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I think it suffered from being "sexed up" (presumably at the behest of the network).
Unfortunately Fox have quite a reputation for thinking they know better than the writers and completely messing up shows

I'm liking where this season is going now but wish they'd done it sooner. If they hadn't already cancelled it I suspect they may have seen a turn up in the ratings now they're finally going down some of the interesting paths they had with the story lone. Shame!
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 01:08   #13
cimt

OK, they did not just do that?!? They've gotta fix that... Such a shame it's ending, it's getting a hell of a lot better IMO.
Old 19-12-2009, 08:53   #14
cimt

Wow, The Attic is insane. It's certainly not what I thought it'd be...
Old 19-12-2009, 16:06   #15
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Not seen 9 & 10 yet, just getting them atm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote