Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virgin box - card slot

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New V+ deal

Old 20-09-2007, 14:23   #1
howden
Inactive

howden is on a distinguished roadhowden is on a distinguished road
New V+ deal

Anyone heard about a new V+ offer that is in the pipeline ? Maybe dropping the £5 subscription for non XL TV packages or lowering the £150 installation ?
howden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2007, 15:28   #2
virginmedia
Inactive

virginmedia is on a distinguished roadvirginmedia is on a distinguished road
Re: New V+ deal

Not heard nothing but if its true its good news!

John
virginmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 16:41   #3
marin
Inactive

marin is an unknown quantity at this point

I managed to get the upgrade to V+ form my old pace box for free, just talked to a nice guy at VM , who waived the £150 charge and 2 days later engineer arrived , 30 mins setup , old box out , new V+ box in, upgraded to 20MB Broadband and new phone service. Well chuffed and now im paying less each month. Well done VM
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 16:49   #4
richiekuk
Inactive

richiekuk is an unknown quantity at this point

How the hell did you manage that?
Every time I speak to VM I get some little s*!t that couldn't be less helpfull!

Half the time they don't even want to talk to you, never mind help you.

Richie K
richiekuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 16:50   #5
marin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiekuk View Post
Every time I speak to VM I get some little s*!t that couldn't be less helpfull!

Half the time they don't even want to talk to you, never mind help you.

Richie K
It took me 3 tries
Old 20-09-2007, 17:23   #6
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiekuk View Post
Upgrade to the VIP Package? All we paid was a £25 installation fee.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 18:39   #7
nicke261192
Inactive

Services: 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, XL TV, L Broadband, L Phone, Sony Erricson C902 Vodafone Contract
nicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to nicke261192

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin View Post
It took me 3 tries
Are you sure your not telling pokies. Most Virgin employees will tell you that the computer systems wont process the order unless you pay the £150. The only way to get it for free is if a manager credits you which is unlikely
nicke261192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 21:38   #8
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I also heard that, unless the charge is made the order can not and will not go through.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 21:43   #9
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicke261192 View Post
Are you sure your not telling pokies. Most Virgin employees will tell you that the computer systems wont process the order unless you pay the £150. The only way to get it for free is if a manager credits you which is unlikely
You really are acting like you work there. So i will ask again DO you ?

And are you going to say i am telling lies as well. I have 2 and i did NOT pay £150 for them ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 09:39   #10
Ernie_C

Services: Virgin Media Broadband M, TV XL, V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I have 2 and i did NOT pay £150 for them ?
Yes, but are you still paying the monthly charge for them, have the VIP deal or have some special retentions deal which has waived the monthly charge????
Old 21-09-2007, 13:28   #11
marin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicke261192 View Post
Nope, i didnt pay a single penny. The only thing i couldnt get them to do was give us 2 V+ boxes, they said it was not possibel to have 2 in the same house yet, although i have been reading somewhere that this has been achieved. We already have cable up and downstairs so wanted both boxes swapped out for V+ ones.
Old 21-09-2007, 14:03   #12
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

We have 2 boxes
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote