Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2014, 15:28   #601
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Thanks mate, well the NowTV box arrived today and it's useless without a NowTV account can't do anything, i've email skys ceo office to see if they can help and someone from Sky was supposed to be calling me back yesterday, surprise surprise no phonecall.
We've located the account in question it's a old account that was cancelled 7 years ago it seems cs did not put the cancellation through and Sky continued to bill me after i moved. Hopefully ceo office will sort this out or i'll be requesting my £9.99 back.
Quote:
Think i've got them mate, the woman i spoke to openly admitted that the NowTV box shouldn't of been sent if there was a doubt on my account, now i record my phonecalls as i have the call recorder app and i used my mobile as unlimited calls lol, In her credit she did try to help but apparantly there is a £131 debt on my account, guess where from? From where Sky have mysteriously lost the call when i phoned up to cancel 7 years ago, to my workings i'm actually owed £1.26 by sky lol.
Ohwell nothing lost really as just created a dud nowtv account and got box up and running and using it as catch up tv service plus i sideloaded plex so got a media streamer too, can't really grumble at that.
Skys loss not mine lol.
Whether you owed the money or not, it's likely to be statute barred by this time- hence why they appear to be using underhand techniques such as this. Anyone would think they were on the brink of bankruptcy, scratting around for £9.99!!!

Quote:
I've requested my file from Equifax and Experian, i have noodle too nothing on there.
Also i've contacted trading standards and ofcom and sent a copy of the conversation from yesterday to both.
Nice one Btw, before paying for any credit reports, it's worth searching the cashback sites. My cleaner did this regarding Noodle and ended up BEING PAID for having the report sent to her (a tenner I think it was) lol.
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2014, 15:59   #602
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Whether you owed the money or not, it's likely to be statute barred by this time- hence why they appear to be using underhand techniques such as this. Anyone would think they were on the brink of bankruptcy, scratting around for £9.99!!!

Nice one Btw, before paying for any credit reports, it's worth searching the cashback sites. My cleaner did this regarding Noodle and ended up BEING PAID for having the report sent to her (a tenner I think it was) lol.
A bit of good news i've had a email back from the Ceo office of Sky, they have looked through the old account and found the phonecall where i phoned up to cancel, they have cleared the outstanding ammount and have sent me a code for 6 months Sky movies nowtv pass for free.
They said it should of been cancelled when i phoned by rights and are going to investigate further to find out why it wasn't.
Overall though a possitive result and within 48 hours i'll have my nowtv services resumed.
Old 15-05-2014, 17:03   #603
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Unlikely the person still works there but if they do then someone's going to be unhappy getting a 7 year old reprimand
Old 15-05-2014, 17:27   #604
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
A bit of good news i've had a email back from the Ceo office of Sky, they have looked through the old account and found the phonecall where i phoned up to cancel, they have cleared the outstanding ammount and have sent me a code for 6 months Sky movies nowtv pass for free.
They said it should of been cancelled when i phoned by rights and are going to investigate further to find out why it wasn't.
Overall though a possitive result and within 48 hours i'll have my nowtv services resumed.
I'm glad you got it sorted out. It just shows that it pays for companies to operate within a 'The customers is always right' culture.

Now they have corrected this and offered you something by way of an apology for the inconvenience, you may well go on to purchase things from them in the future.

By Sky thinking that they were being clever by ripping me off for 11 months worth of subscriptions at one of my lowest points in my life, it has cost them much, much more than what they gained by way of lost future subscriptions over the years from myself and sympathetic members of my peer group. In addition, they have lost potential costly commercial subscriptions and the steps I have taken to prevent staff who live on the premises from subscribing to Sky have led to a further loss of possible income.

A couple of questions, I was just wondering, if the alleged debt was for a previous address, how could they be so sure you were the same customer as the one opening a Now TV account?

Also, will loading Plex (not sure what that is) affect it's capabilities as a Now TV box? Could sky get funny if they found out people had done this (being the control freaks that they are)?
Old 15-05-2014, 17:32   #605
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Indeed I am glad you got it all sorted

I wonder when they started this policy, I was in dispute with sky when I got a nowTV box and it didn't stop me either signing up for an account or using one. I still have a nowTV account but got rid of the box.

A word of caution though, be careful when considering sending your info to people who claim they can help you on forum. /some/ are not what they claim. This of course goes for all forums not just this one.
Old 15-05-2014, 17:49   #606
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I'm glad you got it sorted out. It just shows that it pays for companies to operate within a 'The customers is always right' culture.

Now they have corrected this and offered you something by way of an apology for the inconvenience, you may well go on to purchase things from them in the future.

By Sky thinking that they were being clever by ripping me off for 11 months worth of subscriptions at one of my lowest points in my life, it has cost them much, much more than what they gained by way of lost future subscriptions over the years from myself and sympathetic members of my peer group. In addition, they have lost potential costly commercial subscriptions and the steps I have taken to prevent staff who live on the premises from subscribing to Sky have led to a further loss of possible income.

A couple of questions, I was just wondering, if the alleged debt was for a previous address, how could they be so sure you were the same customer as the one opening a Now TV account?

Also, will loading Plex (not sure what that is) affect it's capabilities as a Now TV box? Could sky get funny if they found out people had done this (being the control freaks that they are)?
Plex is just a media streamer which has a few channels of it's own but allows you to stream content such as music/videos etc from your pc to your nowtv box/ps3 etc, it's easy to set up following these instructions it took me literually 2 minutes to get up and running on my nowtv box http://www.strayed.co.uk/2013/07/29/...-a-now-tv-box/
Old 17-05-2014, 16:13   #607
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Interesting info, thanks

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

Is a Now TV account of any use without a box

Just to make it clear, any offer of help that I give to any other member is given in good faith.

It's not entirely clear what you mean by "some are not what they claim". I have never claimed to be an expert in contract law and I'm sure that theone2k10 isn't stupid.

Maybe it doesn't mean anything and you're just going through one of your sporadic sessions where you simply feel the need to stir things up.
I use nowtv on my ps3 too mate i find the pic quality slightly better on it however the nowtv box sound quality is slightly better, but i think that's only because i've got the sound settings wrong on my ps3 lol.
Old 17-05-2014, 16:13   #608
shadow771
Inactive

shadow771 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question, I noticed the Netflix offer is back free for 6 months. Could a friend of mine get a code and still use on my account? Or does it only include new customers only?
Old 17-05-2014, 16:52   #609
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow771 View Post
Quick question, I noticed the Netflix offer is back free for 6 months. Could a friend of mine get a code and still use on my account? Or does it only include new customers only?
The code can be used on any account, it's just really a Netflix one use giftcode.
Old 18-05-2014, 19:06   #610
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Don't want to answer the question? fair enough not on topic after all I guess.

I can't help what your paranoia believes and it doesn't matter to me or anyone what you believe.

If you like, but I doubt you can to be honest. I've said what I needed to say and didn't mention you which of course I would if I felt I needed to.

Well I would have kept the box but I found it too restrictive and the Roku (II) box was on offer for £19.99 at the time. Twice the price but it can do a lot more. The only thing I did find odd on it was the lack of a youtube channel as most streaming things (even my TV set) seem to have one. But roku added one last month.

Incidentally my dad uses my Netflix account on his TiVo box. But I really don't know how he puts up with it to be honest.
That is a cracking price for the Roku 2 tbh, i side loaded plex onto my NowTV box and installed the unofficial channel app too which gives me access to services such as anime.tv, ustv, cw (i use a smart dns service) amongst other USA tv channels, using plex i'm able to use this on my NowTV box too.
If i had the money i certainly would of chosen a Roku 2 box over the NowTV box though.
Old 18-05-2014, 19:13   #611
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
That is a cracking price for the Roku 2 tbh, i side loaded plex onto my NowTV box and installed the unofficial channel app too which gives me access to services such as anime.tv, ustv, cw (i use a smart dns service) amongst other USA tv channels, using plex i'm able to use this on my NowTV box too.
If i had the money i certainly would of chosen a Roku 2 box over the NowTV box though.
and I gave my dad the now TV box so it didn't go to waste
Old 19-05-2014, 14:40   #612
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Off topic posts removed - let's have less of the bickering and personal attacks, please, or the Mallet of Loving Correction™ may have to be unsheathed.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 21-05-2014, 12:40   #613
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

That's more like it! Hopefully this arrangement will soon be available over here as well. Let's hope that VM's proposal to bring Amazon Instant to our TIVO boxes gains traction soon.

Given how far behind we are with the Sky Atlantic shows, I would be happy to gain access to them three years after the first showings (although I was hoping for two years!).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...HBO-shows.html

Amazon ramps up Netflix competition with HBO shows
A deal between Amazon and HBO has made the network's older shows available to stream.

The rivalry between American TV subscription network HBO and entertainment streaming service Netflix has intensified as HBO revealed they were partnering with Amazon to stream content online for the first time through a subscription.
In February Amazon released a Netflix-style service that allowed Prime and LoveFilm subscribers to benefit from their new merged service, Amazon Instant Video, which provided streams of 15,000 films and TV shows.
The deal with HBO will enable Amazon Prime Instants subscribers in America to watch older HBO shows such as The Wire and The Sopranos through the retail giant's service. However, no HBO shows that have been made recently, including Game of Thrones, which is so popular with online viewers that it has broken illegal download records, will be part of the service until three years after they were originally shown.
Classic HBO series such as Sex and the City, Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm will not be available on Amazon either because they are linked to US cable networks.
However, the move does give Amazon more weight in the currently one-sided market of streaming services. Netflix has always maintained that it aspires to be as popular and successful as HBO, which currently shares no content with the service. In a recent letter to shareholders, Netflix executives outlined that the service was second only to HBO for offering the best original programming according to a Morgan Stanley survey, but were "eager to close the gap" between HBO's 130 million subscribers and Netflix's 50 million.
Related Articles
Netflix subscription to rise after making $1 billion in streaming 22 Apr 2014
Russia raises a glass to prosecco RBTH
In America, Amazon Instant Video subscribers will be able to watch HBO content from May 21.
Old 21-05-2014, 12:48   #614
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Hhhmmm I tried amazon and found the choice lacking so this would help a lot.
Old 21-05-2014, 12:54   #615
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Great article, hopefully it comes to the UK too.

The three year comment is interesting seeing as Game of Thrones first aired April 2011 according to IMDB... Or am I reading too much into that???
Closed Thread