Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone having issues in Lincoln?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Anyone having issues in Lincoln?

Old 22-04-2019, 00:15   #1
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough
Anyone having issues in Lincoln?

Hi,

Is anyone having issues in Lincoln and the hub has dropped the connection.
Solid Green light and flash areas, am in modem mode.

Can't seem to get access to the 192.168.100.1, so can't read any stats at the moment.

It just connected, but it wasn't, had no net and router said it wasn't either.

Just got logged in and it appears to be a load of T3 errors, seem like maybe some network maintance or something as my 4 upstreams are now 64 qam

Last edited by GazCBG; 22-04-2019 at 00:13.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2019, 20:38   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Anyone having issues in Lincoln?

just seen your message, my connection has been fine all day and pulled the usual stuff overnight so I haven't had any outages.

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 10:21   #3
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

It appears there another SNR issue in the area, started on Saturday 27th April.
I am also down to my last 1GB on my mobile data (to last 9 days to my refresh date), had just under 10GB on Satuday

Satuday

Sunday

Monday

Live

Last edited by GazCBG; 29-04-2019 at 10:30.
Old 29-04-2019, 10:36   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Ouch, that looks painful
Old 07-11-2019, 09:32   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Connection down for scheduled maintainence. It will be interesting to see if it is 1gbit related upgrade work. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:53   #6
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I had an issue in Lincoln once. Too full of his own self importance that pub landlord.....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 14:30   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Over the last couple of days my connection has been very sluggish and all webpages take a few seconds to load as well as anything I think on. It is like it is asleep. My graph is a right mess.

Old 18-05-2020, 14:50   #8
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

That doesn't look good. Some of the sites I got daily seem sluggish as well.
Mine is a lot cleaner thought.
Gaming on older games on the PC seems to also be an issue for me as well.
Was trying to play Call of Duty: World at War (which would be CoD 5) on a UK dedi server in the OVH UK Datacentre, was getting lag, but ping seem to be stable at 43 on the server.

Last edited by GazCBG; 18-05-2020 at 14:57.
Old 18-05-2020, 16:18   #9
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

There's a major fibre damage currently on-going in Rotherham, don't know if it's related.
Old 18-05-2020, 19:15   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Doubt it. I have just checked the service status page and use the test tool and unsurprisingly it came back as no issues
Old 19-05-2020, 11:31   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

I rebooted the shub yesterday afternoon and things seems to have settled down now.

Old 11-06-2020, 21:48   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

All services are down atm with an estimated fix time of 22:30.

Edit: back up now. Would love to know if it was a major fault (affected all services) or whether it was planned upgrades to be performed outside of business hours. I am keeping my fingers crossed for 1gbit.

Old 11-06-2020, 22:35   #13
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It wouldn't be planned work at that time of day - it's usage peak hours. They've even stopped doing most daytime changes now because of the number of people working at home.

I can't see any big outages listed for Lincoln. PM me your postcode if you'd like me to dig deeper.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 00:31   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Thanks, I am curious because it wasn't just a bb outage, it was everything, so there must have been a problem higher up somewhere (unless somebody killed the street cabinet )
Old 12-06-2020, 02:10   #15
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Same in our area they have moved the work to night time

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApZr4PK0Md8Xthkxo6l9oSpuSB3A
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote