Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 12-09-2013, 22:43   #7051
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Child allowance 40p a week but only paid for the second child, crisps 3 old pence = to a quarter of 5p. 10 Black men (sweets) 1D (1/12th of 5p). Bag of coal 4/11 (25p). My first wage was equal to £125 per year,(£2.50 per week for 50 weeks we didn't get paid for the two weeks holiday back then), hours 9-5.30pm Mon to Fri and 9-12.30pm Saturdays. Yes seams unreal, you could have a good night out for 50p. A whole week's shopping would cost less than £4, unbelievable. Could buy a blouse at C & A's in the sale for just over 20p Goodness this is making me feel really old.
Bag of coal???!!!! That were luxury let me tell ya...

ps Did you mean Blackjacks?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2013, 06:51   #7052
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Bag of coal???!!!! That were luxury let me tell ya...

ps Did you mean Blackjacks?
Quote:
Black Jacks were called Black Jacks because the original 1920s labels pictured a grinning gollywog - unbelievably, back then images of black people were used to advertise Liquorice. However, by the late 1980s manufacturers Trebor quite rightly scrapped the Black Jacks golly logo as it was racially offensive, replaced the logo with an image of a pirate with a black beard and eye patch and re branded the sweets as Black Jack. And by the early 1990s Trebor disbanded the pirate logo altogether in favour of the the black and white swirl design we all remember.
They may well have changed the name Osem, see above. You are right, a fire was a luxury (I worked in a coal merchants office), if we were cold then we just put on more clothes. We are spoiled these days with central heating.

Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 09:46   #7053
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

In the winter you had ice on the inside of your bedroom windows - double glazing what is that...

Still got a C&A in Calais at the CarFour outlet.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 12:57   #7054
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Sat in 37C blazing sunshine, overlooking Kyrenia harbour, sipping ice cold Efes Dark - life is good.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 18:32   #7055
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Sat in 37C blazing sunshine, overlooking Kyrenia harbour, sipping ice cold Efes Dark - life is good.
I'm very envious Hugh.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 13:26   #7056
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Spending a few days down in Cornwall with my mother and doing some jobs for her: repairing gates etc. The OH couldn't get the time off so he's staying in Worthing. He's a bit miffed us being apart but he'll be hot for when I get back.
Don't forget to nip into the pub for a pint while you are down there.
Old 16-09-2013, 15:49   #7057
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
We took the free shopper bus into Morissons, Penzance today. This is a double decker that meanders through all the lanes round here and I get a chance to see the countryside that as a car driver I can't see because of the high hedges/walls.
Alas l can't see some of those parts because of my disabilities but l bet the views are lovely.
Old 17-09-2013, 16:41   #7058
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have just found a fiver while doing the housework - nice
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 18:14   #7059
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I have just found a fiver while doing the housework - nice
That's the first round on you then my great man.
Old 17-09-2013, 18:16   #7060
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

A round with a fiver? What year was that in lol
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 18:21   #7061
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
A round with a fiver? What year was that in lol
Well perhaps you can add another fiver to that as well.
Old 17-09-2013, 22:14   #7062
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Just came back from a mad and extended weekend, brother-in-law's 30th at Go Ape in Sherwood Forest with him, my OH (his sister), my sis-in-law, their respective OHs and a few friends. It was AWESOME. We went Segway racing there too, I could never see the attraction of them before but now I love them! Would love to do that again, minus the bump I look when we were let loose in a field and 1 wheel hit a hole in the ground at 20mph (pretty fast when you're on one of those things) and I flipped over the top.

Still a great day out and totally recommended

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 16:14   #7063
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Daughter may get mentioned on the One Show tonight for unearthing one of the very few Butterflies Alfred Russell Wallace collected in the Amazon. Most of his collections from there were lost following a fire which caused the ship to sink on the way home.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 18:08   #7064
tizmeinnit

Found out today my old instructor is teaching in my town again. Although it has been many years club training this guy was and is a mentor to a lot of use who trained in the 90's this is the boost I need
Old 19-09-2013, 19:34   #7065
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

My Happy thoughts are just thinking of what a great holiday we had in Nashville. excellent weather Fabulous music and wish I was still there.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote