Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 28-08-2013, 10:50   #7006
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Not a specific event, but my happy thought for the day?

As you may or may not know, I live with my sister, her boyfriend and their little baby.

No matter what kind of awful day I have at work, I know that I am going to go home to a big smile from the baby, probably with a few laughs. Somehow, that makes the day seem a little better.

He has started to learn to talk. He hasn't actually learned to form words, but is able to make different sounds, so I get a lot of that as well. The downside is he hasn't learned volume control yet, so he can get rather loud.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-08-2013, 15:18   #7007
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Arm the Badgers with shot guns!
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 19:26   #7008
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

As you may or may not know, I live with my sister, her boyfriend and their little baby.

No matter what kind of awful day I have at work, I know that I am going to go home to a big smile from the baby, probably with a few laughs. Somehow, that makes the day seem a little better.

He has started to learn to talk. He hasn't actually learned to form words, but is able to make different sounds, so I get a lot of that as well. The downside is he hasn't learned volume control yet, so he can get rather loud.
Treasure these moments Stuart, they are not babies for very long.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 08:58   #7009
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

Babies are great when you can hand them back lol
Old 29-08-2013, 20:40   #7010
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Natalie is doing the service on Sunday, so she let me choose a hymn, my all time favourite is lord of the dance. She wants me to either play or do a solo. Hhhhmmmmm
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12   #7011
tizmeinnit

114 days till Christmas lol
Old 01-09-2013, 09:24   #7012
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Yay, I'm going to try and enjoy it this year.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47   #7013
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

It will be our Grandson's first Christmas and I am sooooooo looking forward to seeing his reaction to the festivities. The world is such a wondrous place when you see it through the unjaded eyes of a child.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:49   #7014
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I love Christmas, but with it starting earlier and earlier every year by the time December comes I've had enough of it for that year.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Still, I am determined to try and not be a grumpy old git over Christmas.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11   #7015
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Yay, I'm going to try and enjoy it this year.
Yes that's what we always try to do as one never knows what's around the corner dilli.

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
It will be our Grandson's first Christmas and I am sooooooo looking forward to seeing his reaction to the festivities. The world is such a wondrous place when you see it through the unjaded eyes of a child.
Yes the little kiddies faces when they open their presents are a sight to behold and come to think of it even at my age so is my face.

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I love Christmas, but with it starting earlier and earlier every year by the time December comes I've had enough of it for that year.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Still, I am determined to try and not be a grumpy old git over Christmas.
No we don't want two Grinch's this Christmas Mark.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24   #7016
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Will do my best, but with selfish relatives it will be hard.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26   #7017
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Will do my best, but with selfish relatives it will be hard.
Yes l am afraid there will always one or two selfish relatives Mark and the best bet is to grit your teeth and smile.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:23   #7018
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I have a hard time with it as my mum, my sisters son died and I lost a baby all at Christmas time.

But I am going to make more of an effort this year as there is Natalie and her family here.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47   #7019
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I have a hard time with it as my mum, my sisters son died and I lost a baby all at Christmas time.

But I am going to make more of an effort this year as there is Natalie and her family here.
I have a similar history dilli, my mum, my Aunt and my baby all died around Christmas.

Used to make it hard to bear others being happy at Christmas then I made a conscious decision to remember other Christmases, the time my mum dropped the turkey as she was sliding it into the oven and had to wrestle it off the dog. She didn't tell us until after we had all eaten our fill. My Aunt would make the most marvelous trifles on Boxing Day, so alcoholic that we would be positively tipsy if we had seconds, and finally my baby ..that was a hard one to cope with until we had Peter.

Somehow coping with the sad memories is now easier and I hope you too can find peace and the strength to celebrate Christmas with Natalie this year. <<hugs>>
Old 04-09-2013, 15:11   #7020
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Hoping to see Wingy the wood pigeon again in our garden who has been visiting for 4 years now (his left wing hangs down and touches the ground but he can still fly very well)... He has not been around for a while, but to see him will make me smile.

I know he is a male because he boughs down and chases la fems.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote