Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan

Old 15-04-2019, 08:15   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan

After years of waiting for Mayweather and Manny, Khan is back in the main event of the 147lb division.

Khan played Brook and Hearn perfectly. Brook was clearly never enough and Amir really stuck it to the pair of them. Hearn with incredible comments about not making the same amount of money as he would have fighting Brook. Maybe that's why he's so hated in the first place Ultimately Khan opted for the harder fight for a world title, sticking it to both Brook and Hearn, the former being as washed up as they come right now.

Onto the actual stuff though. It would take a decent upset to see Khan pull this off but it's not impossible. Khan is p4p one of the best offensive fighters on the planet, on his night if you can't catch him sweetly you're not beating him. Patience from Crawford though can undo everything in a single punch. The same patience Canelo displayed, in risk vs reward, dropping rounds to Amir to load up a single shot. Danny Garcia employing the same tactic. It's exactly that though. Risk vs reward. There's absolutely a chance your big shot doesn't come and you're 10 rounds down to Khan.

I'll be gobsmacked if Khan pulls it off but I'm well aware he's capable of it. I don't think Khan's tune ups are good enough to have prepared him for the current crop of WW champions. He's got nothing to lose though really. A drop down a weight or a catch weight with Lomachenko would be an incredible fight to witness.

As for Crawford. He needs to be wary about seeing past this fight, he's already drawing up plans for Erroll Spence. He needs be to be squarely in the game when it comes to Khan or as above he might find himself multiple rounds down with little time left.

Crawford by stoppage or Khan by points. Best betting odds will be on Khan by stoppage or Crawford by points.
Old 20-04-2019, 23:38   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan

Derek Chisora serves up an absolute stinker to start the night. Granted his opponent had little interest in actually boxing. Everything Haye did to prepare Chisora for Whyte was clearly undone this time around. 'WAR' Chisora was definitely out of the window and Del Boy was back in full flow. No idea what went wrong. He was superb against Whyte and was clearly showing elements of Haye's style, he lost by knockout but I'm convinced its because he'd given up after losing two points, unbeknownst to him he was still winning by two rounds.

Disappointed, he was never realistically getting back amongst world champions but this has relegated him even further.

David Allen causes a fairly good upset and pretty much ends Lucas Brownes career.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 21-04-2019 at 00:04.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 06:42   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well its a one way ticket to oblivion now for Amir Khan.
Old 21-04-2019, 07:07   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

That was a vicious shot below the belt but off centre. Strangely Khan said as much and spoke about it sending a sharp pain down his leg. He did limp toward the rope so in fairness he's probably telling the truth and that was enough for Virgil to pull the plug.

Virgil was desperate to pull the plug earlier but unbeknownst to me how, Khan was still standing and trading shots. I'm confident he'd have been seriously put away eventually similar to Canelo. Khan has little to no boxing IQ. As soon as something came back at him he threw himself out of the window. From the first knockdown though Khan looked very hesitant and was losing rounds. Not something you want to be doing when you're a points fighter of course. Crawford merely executed the same plan as Canelo but was far more precise. Good performance from him. The low shot shouldn't take anything away from it. As above I'm not sure how many more clean shots Khan could eat up.

I'll tell you something about Khan though. He didn't see the shot that put him down and the same goes for Canelo and Garcia etc. When Khan stood up to Crawford and started trading shots he saw them coming and took them clean and kept going forward. Its the same reason he took Maidana clean and kept going.

Khan looked more confident going forward under Roach. Whatever Virgil tried defensively just hasn't worked and because of that focus he's really lost that attacking edge. Khan used to employ long hooked body shots, the same that put Maidana and Collazo on the floor, I've yet to see it under Virgil. It's all too late now of course. Khan might wonder what might have been had he joined the Mayweather camp when he was given the chance (opting to call out Mayweather instead) if anyone could actually get Khan to defend properly you'd assume it'd have been them.

As for Crawford. I feel like Spence is way more exciting and would rather see Spence prevail.

End notes. If they make Brook vs Khan, for the love of God don't buy that crap and make a hefty statement to Eddie Hearn. Stirring the public up into believing they actually want these two semi retired fighters to waltz off into the sunset with 8 million each. A spent Kell Brook vs this Amir Khan is really not in the best interests of British Boxing despite what he'd have you believe.

Edit: Just seeing replays and alt angles of the shot. Catches him off centre but shoots that cup up and through his nuts, a power shot uppercut. Nasty and can see why Virgil called it a day there, he's never coming back from that with the 5 minutes. For perspective, it'd be sending him out with pain down his legs and wherever else to be then presumably knocked out anyway sooner rather than later.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 21-04-2019 at 07:19.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 10:05   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

All scripted cobblers. A controversial end, a rematch and another pay day for both. Everyone's a winner these days apart from the out of pocket viewer.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 11:08   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
All scripted cobblers. A controversial end, a rematch and another pay day for both. Everyone's a winner these days apart from the out of pocket viewer.
Wait a week and you can watch it for nothing Mr K.
Old 21-04-2019, 18:21   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Wait a week and you can watch it for nothing Mr K.
Still won't bother Den. It ceased to be a real sport many years ago.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 18:30   #8
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Still won't bother Den. It ceased to be a real sport many years ago.
Explain yourself Mr K?.
Old 21-04-2019, 21:00   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

A lot of differening reactions. Khan's took some flak, whilst I believe he was on a losing path anyway he deserves sympathy. He's revealed he came into the fight injured, an elbow injury of all things, really stupid thing to do ultimately but there it is. He gets cracked with a monstrous low blow and calls it a night, then spends it passing blood. The injury makes slight sense, Crawford adapted quickly but Khan looked so off the game from the get go.

The second load of reactions have seen Virgil Hunter slammed for awful tactics and all round negative training styles for Khan. I pointed that out above, He's not progressed defensively but more worrying is he's stopped using the offence Roach gave him. Win or lose back under Roach, Khan was dynamite going forward and right now he just isn't.

Khan wants to keep going. So long as he's not plagued with injuries then so be it. But stay away from Brook for heavens sake. I really can't be arsed with the circus around it. Get shot of Virgil Hunter and maybe see your days out with Roach or a British trainer like Adam Booth.

I mean I'd like to see if Khan could make lightweight and provide a WW step for Lomachenko. What I do know however is Khan was the only British 147er mixing it up in the US and the most successful in a long time if you discount Prince Nas. That's come to an end I think after last night. Not sure top rank will be looking to use him again.