Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 28-09-2020, 18:07   #5251
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What have you just bought?

This
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13033004e6d85e696ba1343ffa830d1a.jpg (108.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 28-09-2020, 19:06   #5252
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

16x 200mg Ibuprofen capsules and some 5% ibuprofen gel. My foot and ankle have become very painful and swollen.

The consensus, don't laugh, is gout. I don't even like port or thrashing servants.

I've had it before and it usually clears up after a few days but getting out of bed in the middle of the night is pure agony.

There are a couple of prescription medicines but they take many days or even weeks to work so not really an option in the short term.
Old 28-09-2020, 19:58   #5253
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
16x 200mg Ibuprofen capsules and some 5% ibuprofen gel. My foot and ankle have become very painful and swollen.

The consensus, don't laugh, is gout. I don't even like port or thrashing servants.

I've had it before and it usually clears up after a few days but getting out of bed in the middle of the night is pure agony.
There are a couple of prescription medicines but they take many days or even weeks to work so not really an option in the short term.

You have my sympathies heero. <hugs> My long stint on high dose Steroids left me with heart and kidney problems. The damage to my kidney functions resulted in very high Uric Acid levels. Gout! Never have any symptoms just have to take the Allorprinol for life. Just wish Drs reading my medication list would also read my health records. It gets tiresome when they assume my favorite drink is Port.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Lego and Meccano sets for my Grandson and a new Circulon saute pan.
Old 28-09-2020, 20:14   #5254
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Reservations for a 12 course tasting menu at HOME restaurant in Leeds, for SWMBO’s birthday in November.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 20:54   #5255
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
You have my sympathies heero. <hugs> My long stint on high dose Steroids left me with heart and kidney problems. The damage to my kidney functions resulted in very high Uric Acid levels. Gout! Never have any symptoms just have to take the Allorprinol for life.
Thanks Jo. The OH does what he can with a bit of massage, that helps.

It's probably too much alcohol but some lifestyles we can't really give up.

Just remember to drink plenty of liquids.
Old 28-09-2020, 22:00   #5256
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:

As a fellow gout sufferer I have tried numerous remedies.

I have finally been prescribed something that works and works FAST - Colchicine.

I can honestly recommend it if you haven't tried it.
Old 28-09-2020, 22:43   #5257
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks Jo. The OH does what he can with a bit of massage, that helps.

It's probably too much alcohol but some lifestyles we can't really give up.

Just remember to drink plenty of liquids.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Quote:

You do have a bit of a pukka pie problem
Old 28-09-2020, 23:02   #5258
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Reservations for a 12 course tasting menu at HOME restaurant in Leeds, for SWMBO’s birthday in November.
We were planning to go for my birthday in June, but then the world went crazy so that was that. Would be interested to know what you think.

You could slum it a bit like we did tonight with some yummy vegan junk good from Doner Summer.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 10:57   #5259
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
As a fellow gout sufferer I have tried numerous remedies.

I have finally been prescribed something that works and works FAST - Colchicine.

I can honestly recommend it if you haven't tried it.
Thanks for the suggestion. If this doesn't clear up on it's own in a day or so then I have to go and see the doctor.

Previously it's sorted itself out in a few days so we'll have to see.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:45   #5260
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Amazon Smart Plug - reduced for Prime members by £15, so only cost £9.99.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
We were planning to go for my birthday in June, but then the world went crazy so that was that. Would be interested to know what you think.

You could slum it a bit like we did tonight with some yummy vegan junk good from Doner Summer.
Probably won’t happen now, as the booking was for Thursday - I’ve asked if there are any cancellations on Wednesday, but it’s unlikely...

(Plan B - booked a local restaurant for Wednesday at 7pm)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:56   #5261
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

A Nespresso Lattissima Touch coffee machine.
Well bought it a few days ago as was in an Amazon early Black Friday deal. 45% off down to 154,99. Makes a yummy latte.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:27   #5262
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

SWMBO wanted a Nintendo Switch

Mario Kart battles have ensued
Old 04-11-2020, 12:29   #5263
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Eldest just bought an Oculus VR set with some of his first earnings, and I got a go of it last night. It's quite amazing
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:36   #5264
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Christmas presents for our Grandson plus his Birthday present for 4th January. Feeling less stressed. Rest of the family are getting money, boring and not my usual choice, but hopefully more useful this year.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:39   #5265
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
A Nespresso Lattissima Touch coffee machine.
Well bought it a few days ago as was in an Amazon early Black Friday deal. 45% off down to 154,99. Makes a yummy latte.
I had the Nespresso once, never again. Price per cup just isn't worth it. Better to get a bean to cup machine (such as the esam4200 - can be as low as £199) and then buy the beans. Soon recover the costs and the choice of coffee is much bigger, not only that the coffee is so much better.