Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 02-06-2020, 01:26   #691
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quick question- is the CNN channel on virgin media the US version or international version? if its the latter whats the difference exactly? Sometimes we get the comedy gold wolf blitzer and sometimes presenters with english accents so i can never keep up...

Also another random question why is NBC news called MSNBC news? it reminds me of MSN messenger back in the 90s and early 00s. I assume this is definitely an international version of american news since it goes through bizarre money markets worldwide at times...

Final question- on now tv (which i got on the cheap) i have a ton of stuff to watch like curb your enthusiasm S1-10. but on v6 its not. now i know curb was on sky atlantic but since its now on sky comedy i would have thought the "on demand" function would have moved over now we have curb on sky comedy
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2020, 07:00   #692
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Also another random question why is NBC news called MSNBC news? it reminds me of MSN messenger back in the 90s and early 00s. I assume this is definitely an international version of american news since it goes through bizarre money markets worldwide at times...
My understanding of the MSNBC name is that it was joint venture between Microsoft and NBC. Microsoft have nothing to do with it now but they still retained the name.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:10   #693
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

It's the International version of CNN. More focus on non-US stories being the theoretical difference.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:30   #694
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

I've not seen it mentioned yet, but it looks like Channel 4 & More 4 CatchUp has now gone fully HD and is also using the IP platform. ITV seems to have moved to HD a few weeks ago.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:43   #695
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
I've not seen it mentioned yet, but it looks like Channel 4 & More 4 CatchUp has now gone fully HD and is also using the IP platform. ITV seems to have moved to HD a few weeks ago.
Interesting. Many thanks japitts.

I still have E4 HD and More4 HD last time I looked too, and they aren't normally on my TV tier, so maybe something is changing. There was that accidental email/website info release that mentioned All4 app alongside Pluto and My5 recently, maybe Channel 4 have a new VM deal?
Old 02-06-2020, 14:25   #696
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Final question- on now tv (which i got on the cheap) i have a ton of stuff to watch like curb your enthusiasm S1-10. but on v6 its not. now i know curb was on sky atlantic but since its now on sky comedy i would have thought the "on demand" function would have moved over now we have curb on sky comedy
We are still waiting for the enhanced on demand content from Sky following the deal with between VM and Sky last year. That included UHD content as well. I cannot imagine what they are waiting for.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 14:34   #697
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We are still waiting for the enhanced on demand content from Sky following the deal with between VM and Sky last year. That included UHD content as well. I cannot imagine what they are waiting for.
It might have been stipulated in the agreed deal between them that it starts on a certain set date OB.
Old 02-06-2020, 14:40   #698
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Its the one of the main reasons I've stayed with Sky , Cable once led with its On Demand but not now.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 23:03   #699
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Its the one of the main reasons I've stayed with Sky , Cable once led with its On Demand but not now.
It may change, muppetman, but I agree with your comment.

I still prefer Virgin Media, but as ever, I am keeping this under review.

I note Sky still doesn't have Amazon Prime, which is important to me.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 23:09   #700
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
It may change, muppetman, but I agree with your comment.

I still prefer Virgin Media, but as ever, I am keeping this under review.

I note Sky still doesn't have Amazon Prime, which is important to me.

Amazon prime is a odd one BT, Plusnet and Talktalk have it yet vm and SKY don't. One suspects that will change in time though.
Old 02-06-2020, 23:48   #701
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Amazon prime is a odd one BT, Plusnet and Talktalk have it yet vm and SKY don't. One suspects that will change in time though.
I think you'll find that VM does have Amazon Prime on the V6
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:13   #702
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
I think you'll find that VM does have Amazon Prime on the V6
Been ages since i had VM as not available in my new home yet, but that is relly good news hopefully they'll get Disney+ next.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:32   #703
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Shame you can't get Amazon Prime on the TiVo...
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:47   #704
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
My5 is finally available! You may need to re-boot your box.

Still no sign of Pluto TV and All4.
From other thread. Added My5 addition as relevant. Thanks SonicMaster.

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

I can confirm the addition of the app, I have it here on my V6.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:49   #705
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
From other thread. Added My5 addition as relevant. Thanks SonicMaster.

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

I can confirm the addition of the app, I have it here on my V6.
Is the app only on the V6?
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote