Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 20-05-2020, 18:27   #616
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I was just trying to offer a suggestion but as you said you used to get them but now don’t it is probably due to the flag changes following on from the free upgrade that someone at their end has been over zealous and knocked your viewing off.

According to the the (un) reliable TV guide on the virgin website MTV & Comedy Central and only available on HD to Full House of Maxit customers.

TLC HD is the only channel that is a part of the Mix packages

Maybe you will find that you are on an old legacy pack at their end and it’s a billing error.

I’m not trying to agitate you but merely try and find a reason behind the problem you are having.
Yes, unfortunately the Channel Guide on the Virgin Media website is not at all reliable, as Comedy Central HD and MTV HD were added to the Mix TV pack a while ago, when they swapped places with the SD versions on the EPG.

Although the Mix TV pack isn't available to new customers, I'm surprised that no one else on here seems to have it.

Someone at VM being over zealous and removing the Catch Up access from a few channels sounds about right. It's a shame that there is no way to contact the people that manage the system.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2020, 18:37   #617
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The question is though whether it is an error as such, or is now the correct behaviour due to the SD > HD swap and the contracts that Virgin Media have with the providers for the HD channels as they do seem to be treated as separate at times.
Old 20-05-2020, 18:41   #618
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Those channels still have Catch-up on legacy Fun tier. Probably a mistake with pack codes.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 20:03   #619
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The question is though whether it is an error as such, or is now the correct behaviour due to the SD > HD swap and the contracts that Virgin Media have with the providers for the HD channels as they do seem to be treated as separate at times.
That would be completely illogical.

Catch Up has always been available for the channels included in your pack, in SD or HD where available.

I don't see why VM would suddenly change a fundamental feature of their TV product.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Those channels still have Catch-up on legacy Fun tier. Probably a mistake with pack codes.
That's reassuring. Any idea how to report it? I've tried doing it on 150 and they have confirmed that I should still have access, but they are convinced it's just a problem with the box.
Old 20-05-2020, 21:28   #620
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post

That's reassuring. Any idea how to report it? I've tried doing it on 150 and they have confirmed that I should still have access, but they are convinced it's just a problem with the box.
Maybe if they continue to insist that it is a box problem, the field engineer will be able to escalate it at their end.

A bit like if there is a local outage they will look into it once an appointment is booked.

I understand that at this time the last thing you want is unnecessary visits to your home but booking an appointment may escalate it.

Another thing you could try is the Virgin Media community forum. They are quite responsive on that.

Fingers crossed.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 21:36   #621
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Maybe if they continue to insist that it is a box problem, the field engineer will be able to escalate it at their end.

A bit like if there is a local outage they will look into it once an appointment is booked.

I understand that at this time the last thing you want is unnecessary visits to your home but booking an appointment may escalate it.

Another thing you could try is the Virgin Media community forum. They are quite responsive on that.

Fingers crossed.
Thanks.

The engineer is coming tomorrow, so hopefully once they've verified that the box is fine, it will get escalated, such a shame to have to waste their time, but seems like the only way with VM.
Old 20-05-2020, 21:38   #622
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thanks.

The engineer is coming tomorrow, so hopefully once they've verified that the box is fine, it will get escalated, such a shame to have to waste their time, but seems like the only way with VM.
The irony Is for a communications company their communication skills are meh...
Old 20-05-2020, 21:46   #623
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
The irony Is for a communications company their communication skills are meh...
It's such a shame. I've been a loyal customer for so many years but they don't make it easy.

The customer services teams, as friendly as they are, have so little knowledge / understanding of their products that the customer knows more than they do. It isn't their fault, it's a lack of training.

In an ideal world, VM would simply have an email address to report technical issues such as this, like they do with the EPG, so that customers could get any problems raised directly with the teams that can fix them.
Old 20-05-2020, 21:49   #624
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That's reassuring. Any idea how to report it?
I'll get it sorted.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 09:32   #625
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

JJ20X on Forum Box has posted an info slate screenshot for the Lifestyle channel moves, moves that have actually already happened overnight (I checked).

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...4462#post94462

Food Network moves from 278 to 285
HGTV moves from 279 to 286
Home & Health moves from 280 to 287
Discovery Shed moves from 281 to 288
Travel Channel moves from 282 to 289
HGTV+1 moves from 283 to 290
Home & Health+1 moves from 284 to 291
GOD moves from 287 to 292
Horse & Country moves from 298 to 293

So most have moved to higher numbers as you can see.

---------- Post added at 08:32 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Oh, and as I typed the above JJ20X has said those mysterious Channel A HD and Channel B HD have been given flags consistent with Sky HD Entertainment channels, so consistent with what many thought.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 21-05-2020 at 09:32. Reason: Making it easier to read with bold and italics.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 10:24   #626
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

This has happened exactly a week before the new channels launch to give time for the changes to be notice.

The signs are certainly looking good to get the new channels on launch.

Certainly changed times these days.
Old 21-05-2020, 11:16   #627
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I'll get it sorted.
That would be brilliant. Thank you!
Old 21-05-2020, 19:46   #628
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That would be brilliant. Thank you!
Well I'm afraid I have bad news. It's working as intended. Mix pack no longer has access to Catch Up for those channels.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 20:51   #629
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Well I'm afraid I have bad news. It's working as intended. Mix pack no longer has access to Catch Up for those channels.
That's crazy, and not what VM have told me, both the CS agent and the engineer that visited today told me it's not my package or box, but a fault.

Why would they remove Catch Up from Mix TV for those particular 6 channels?

It seems completely illogical. For example, E! is supplied by Sky, and Mix TV includes Catch Up for every other Sky channel.

If they remove Catch Up for other channels like Sky One and FOX I think I'll seriously consider switching provider.

I'll call them tomorrow to make a complaint, as removing fundamental TV services without informing customers is not acceptable.

It's no wonder that VM is now the UK's most complained about pay TV operator:

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...y-tv-operator/
Old 21-05-2020, 20:57   #630
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
That's crazy, and not what VM have told me, both the CS agent and the engineer that visited today told me it's not my package or box, but a fault.

Why would they remove Catch Up from Mix TV for those particular 6 channels?

It seems completely illogical. For example, E! is supplied by Sky, and Mix TV includes Catch Up for every other Sky channel.

If they remove Catch Up for other channels like Sky One and FOX I think I'll seriously consider switching provider.

I'll call them tomorrow to make a complaint, as removing fundamental TV services without informing customers is not acceptable.

It's no wonder that VM is now the UK's most complained about pay TV operator:

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...y-tv-operator/
Actually Virgin are not the UK' most complained pay TV operator as that award goes to BT.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bt.com

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.sky.com