Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky GO channel listing at launch.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky GO channel listing at launch.

Old 14-07-2011, 10:12   #16
Charliedontsurf
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HDx4,Skyworld+Multiroom. VM 50Mb
Charliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathersCharliedontsurf has ruffled too many feathers
Re: Sky GO channel listing at launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
All companies list this when its free regardless. Phone companies put 'free WiFi' in their phone contracts despite the fact its free for public/customer use regardless of what they're supposedly offering.

But with your other point, yeah, its better for them to release a polished, working product than rush it out when one of the main programs that the app is used for is currently off air.

Sky have bought "cloud" the company that provides a lot of free wifi spots eg-McDonalds, hotels, airports etc. I think you'll soon need a Sky id to use it.
Charliedontsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2011, 10:21   #17
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

They bought them in January 2011.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 10:26   #18
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
They bought them in January 2011.
Indeed they did with a view to allowing sky customers to use their service away from home. McDonald's have contracts with the cloud so you will not need to be a Sky customer to use free WiFi there , however I agree with charlie your sky id could well be a possible way to login .
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 21:26   #19
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Go arrives on the App Store‎

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...store8206.html

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/sky...oday-50004476/
Old 22-07-2011, 13:05   #20
Never say never
Inactive

Never say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friends

I downloaded it to my iPhone and iPod touch last night, works fine great PQ. I can't try it the iPad though as the wife has it and she is on a business trip to Italy until Tuesday.
Never say never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 20:03   #21
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Sky Go coming to Android also

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2011/06...-need-to-know/
Old 24-07-2011, 21:11   #22
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Really impressed with it, good pq
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 10:35   #23
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Really impressed with it, good pq
Indeed

Been using it for a few days now.

Whats best is thanks to a very good friend i don't have to pay to access it

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 14:49   #24
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Indeed

Been using it for a few days now.

Whats best is thanks to a very good friend i don't have to pay to access it
Result
Old 25-07-2011, 18:00   #25
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Sigh, i am waiting for it on android.

But even then, my mobile has only 500mb per month, so likely only to be used for odd games.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 18:40   #26
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Sigh, i am waiting for it on android.

But even then, my mobile has only 500mb per month, so likely only to be used for odd games.
Colin , Sky bought http://www.thecloud.net/

So if your mobile has Wifi and your in a place were they use The Cloud you'll be able to watch Sky Go , example taking the kids to McDonalds you'll be able to watch the match as they use The Cloud for Wifi. I've only tried it at home on my Wifi but the PQ and the iOS app is excellent on my iPad.
Old 25-07-2011, 19:26   #27
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Colin , Sky bought http://www.thecloud.net/

So if your mobile has Wifi and your in a place were they use The Cloud you'll be able to watch Sky Go , example taking the kids to McDonalds you'll be able to watch the match as they use The Cloud for Wifi. I've only tried it at home on my Wifi but the PQ and the iOS app is excellent on my iPad.
Ahhh. My dumb. I rarely use wifi, though my phone can use it.

I've never played with it, but must do that. Thanks.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 04:34   #28
Jameseh

I swear McDoanlds used BT OpenReach (or BT whathaveya) the one time I used WiFi in there. Maybe more than one internet supplier.
Old 26-07-2011, 05:28   #29
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I swear McDoanlds used BT OpenReach (or BT whathaveya) the one time I used WiFi in there. Maybe more than one internet supplier.
http://www.thecloud.net/en/about-us/...ainstream.aspx

Or use postcode and try find a hotbot.

http://www.thecloud.net/