Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Loyalty discounts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Thought TiVo didn't record the same thing twice?

Old 13-06-2019, 18:22   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Thought TiVo didn't record the same thing twice?

This afternoon I found that the same prigramme (on series link) had been recorded three times in a row.

It originally wanted to record it on C4 AD, so I changed it to the mainstream channel. It's recorded it on C4, C4 AD and C4 +1
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2019, 18:24   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Thought TiVo didn't record the same thing twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This afternoon I found that the same prigramme (on series link) had been recorded three times in a row.

It originally wanted to record it on C4 AD, so I changed it to the mainstream channel. It's recorded it on C4, C4 AD and C4 +1
Is your series link set to 'new only'?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 18:29   #3
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It would help if you said what programme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 18:43   #4
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I noticed yesterday that NCIS LA is set to record 3 times this week, 2 of them are early afternoon. And yes, the series is set to record "new only". ???
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 18:48   #5
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It will happen if the episode details are not provided - as TiVo will record all versions as it has no way of knowing if they are the same episodes.

I've also noticed it can do it if you happen to look while it is still updating the list. But check again an hour later and only one entry appears.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 19:52   #6
garethf1927
cf.member

Services: Virgin TV 360 4K UHD Bluray 4K UHD HDR TV
garethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about them

It also does it if your SL is set to all channels and the show airs around midnight BST - you get a recording on SD, HD and +1
garethf1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 20:48   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It would help if you said what programme.
A Place In The Sun- Cannes.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It will happen if the episode details are not provided - as TiVo will record all versions as it has no way of knowing if they are the same episodes.

I've also noticed it can do it if you happen to look while it is still updating the list. But check again an hour later and only one entry appears.
Yes, that's true, but if you go back in the EPG (4pm) you'll see it didn't have a generic synopsis, but it looks like the episode details weren't supplied. Does it look at the synopsis or just episode details? If the latter, it's never done this before.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 22:32   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It's not the synopsis but the actual details. The episode would need to be flagged as new I think.
Old 14-06-2019, 10:01   #9
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It's not the synopsis but the actual details. The episode would need to be flagged as new I think.
Not quite, but close. The "first aired date" is gospel as far as the TiVo scheduler is concerned. I've had a couple of funnies recently where 2 different episodes of the same series were shown on the same day, and only one was then subsequently repeated... but basically, this date is what the TiVo runs on.

Or at least it was when I was last educated by those who know.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote