Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2018 price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

2018 price rises

Old 22-08-2018, 17:16   #91
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them
Re: 2018 price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingbrit View Post
Time to check out if I am getting value out of my, package, been sometime since I checked, and I notice from the email they have sent me, that I am on the 'fun' package, but can't see what TV channel's that includes, is 'Fun' the same as 'Mix' ?

Because if its the same, looks as if I might drop down a bundle, to save cash
have a look here at the current PDF channel guide and go from there

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...Aug2018_06.pdf
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-08-2018, 17:27   #92
divingbrit
cf.member

Services: V6 Box Tivo 150 ish download speed
divingbrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks that's much clearer

Will drop to 'Mix' and drop my broadband speed a bit

Last edited by divingbrit; 22-08-2018 at 17:48. Reason: Update
divingbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 17:32   #93
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm already on Vivid 350 at £48 a month with phone. I never ever use my phone for calls, only my mobile. Is it worth downgrading my internet, if so, which one..I can't afford any more rises on my state pension after my SSE upped their prices for gas/electric..Sicl of all these price rises..
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 17:41   #94
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

I've had the price increase come through, £3 more a month. I rang up, had a whinge and the bloke put a £20 credit to cover the cost of the increase till the end of the contract. I have no complaints with the service, I currently get 350Mb and Phone for £28 per month.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 18:03   #95
jcm193
cf.addict

jcm193 will become famous soon enoughjcm193 will become famous soon enoughjcm193 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post
I've had the price increase come through, £3 more a month. I rang up, had a whinge and the bloke put a £20 credit to cover the cost of the increase till the end of the contract. I have no complaints with the service, I currently get 350Mb and Phone for £28 per month.
How we are paying £58 for 350mb, phone and the lowest level of tv.
jcm193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 08:44   #96
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Perfect timing for me, out of contract tomorrow so had planned on calling up anyway but might as well hold on until i get the price increase email/letter for a bit more bargaining power.

Currently pay £44 for 100mb, phone and basic TV but the phone has been unplugged since redecorating near the start of the year (only ever got spam calls on it anyway as use the mobile for everything) and the TIVO is in the cupboard gathering dust.

Some of the deals people are getting in the hotukdeals thread are nuts.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 13:13   #97
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Up £4 from October 1st.

So £91.35 for Vivid 200 and Full House TV. Plus Talk Weekends (which we have never used).

£83.36 last October, so that's close to a 10% rise in a year.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 16:10   #98
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Up £4 from October 1st.

So £91.35 for Vivid 200 and Full House TV. Plus Talk Weekends (which we have never used).

£83.36 last October, so that's close to a 10% rise in a year.

I'm currently pay £80.49 (with a small discount) for Vivid 200, Full House TV with 2 TiVo V6 boxes and talk weekends.

The new price for what I have without any discount according to the bundle builder is £86.50.

Last edited by djmagnifique; 24-08-2018 at 17:58.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 16:52   #99
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I forgot to mention we have a TIVO and a V6 box.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 21:05   #100
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Didn't like the end of my new customer offer so now paying £29 for XL TV, 200Mb and line rental if I took line rental saver.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 22:35   #101
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Didn't like the end of my new customer offer so now paying £29 for XL TV, 200Mb and line rental if I took line rental saver.
Great price! I think £29 including line rental is one of the cheapest desks we have seen for Full House. Was this deal achieved after cancelling from Outbound Retentions?

Many thanks
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 22:39   #102
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
Great price! I think £29 including line rental is one of the cheapest desks we have seen for Full House. Was this deal achieved after cancelling from Outbound Retentions?

Many thanks
This was just phoning inbound retentions.

I'm not sure I phrased it correctly but it's £29*12 +£196, so effectively £45.33 a month.

I'm also not sure if it's meaningful in any way but I have actually gone through with cancelling Virgin in the past, and taking Sky Q for 12 months. Maybe they use this to indicate who might be serious and who might be chancing their arm?
Old 24-08-2018, 23:34   #103
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Yeah but how would they know that you took out Sky Q? They would know that you left VM but unless you told them "I am moving to Sky", how are they any the wiser?
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 23:50   #104
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I was informing the forum I took Sky Q. I did tell Virgin I had seen a deal with Sky, whether they recorded it or not I do not know.

However what they may have a record of is that my account closed - and possibly telephone number ported out which provider. If they can see on some kind of 'account history page' that I either join or leave around this time most years for the past decade then it's a sign I'm likely to be serious when I say I'm going to cancel.

Similarly, I have an account at another property which records will show there are phone calls every year since the account opened but I've never actually moved (mates rates).

It would make sense for Virgin to make better offers to me as described in the first scenario compared to me in the second scenario, if their systems keep a log of anything like this.
Old 25-08-2018, 15:46   #105
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Now I phoned for the other account and it was basically 'name your price' but you'll lose the permanent mates rates discount and be joining the merry go round every year.