Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 29-10-2012, 15:22   #5686
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Youngest has been sharing pics of his holiday (all 618 0f them !)with his SO, however - they had a great time away.

It's great to see 2 gorgeous, loving, fun people having such a great time. He brings her out of her shell.
Oh and then there were the pics of 'her cat' and 'her puppy' and their London weekend (her brother, the pup again, the cat again ... you know how it goes !)
Old 29-10-2012, 20:03   #5687
tizmeinnit

8 weeks to christmas and I only have 1 present left to buy and its my Dads so its a blu ray
Old 29-10-2012, 21:53   #5688
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
8 weeks to christmas and I only have 1 present left to buy and its my Dads so its a blu ray
Good for you for being so organised

I'm waiting until Divali, Bonfire Night and other notable, celebrations have passed and then I'll throw myself into the 'joyous, sharing of the passing of deepest midwidwinter' celebrations.
Old 30-10-2012, 05:25   #5689
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Wow you are certainly organised tiz but some of us one suspects have not even started getting our Christmas presents yet.
Old 30-10-2012, 09:34   #5690
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I've decided and told my family that I won't be bothering with presents for them this year. Over the last few years, I've bought stuff that either gets used once then dumped or broken within 12 hours of them opening it. So this year I thought I would make a £20 donation to charity for them each instead.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 09:55   #5691
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

We will not be here for Christmas and New Year (36th wedding anniversary ) as we are spending them in Tenerife (24days) with Sis-in-law.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 10:07   #5692
Caff
I'm a geek???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I've decided and told my family that I won't be bothering with presents for them this year. Over the last few years, I've bought stuff that either gets used once then dumped or broken within 12 hours of them opening it. So this year I thought I would make a £20 donation to charity for them each instead.
I completely understand your sentiments Mark. I've done a 'half way house' thing in the past for family members and colleagues, and subscribed to an animal-focussed charity on their behalf - something like WWF for example. They get a cuddly toy, newsletters and I foot the bill.

On a similar note Mark, workmates decided to stop the endless stream of cards at Xmas and put up a theme-based card to everyone. The not-spent money went to charity.

I'm wondering - if I lost my address book exactly how many friends and associates would receive a card!

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
We will not be here for Christmas and New Year (36th wedding anniversary ) as we are spending them in Tenerife (24days) with Sis-in-law.
Oooh - sunshine and Family - you lucky thing. I'll be in the kitchen
Old 30-10-2012, 13:22   #5693
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I was just sitting here surfing earlier when I heard a thud on the lounge window right next to me which made me jump. I immediately thought it might have been a bird but it was only after a few minutes looking down into the garden below that I spotted a tiny green bird lying on the ground looking very still and very dead. Despite my prediction of a broken neck and being the big soft lad he is, Osem Jnr. went to see if he could do anything. On touching the bird he found it was still warm with its eyes closed and actually still clinging to the grass on which it landed. He gently picked it up and put it out of harm's way nearby then quickly left it alone. It was obviously stunned as it just stood there for a good 10 mins totally still until he then heard a brief tweet and it was gone in a flash. It was such a cute little thing, a Goldcrest, even smaller than a Wren and Europe's smallest bird IIRC. There's a picture here for anyone who's interested.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...&ved=0CIYBENUX

A happy end to just one of the infinite number of life and death events going on around us all the time which we rarely ever notice.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 13:39   #5694
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I bet the good feeling Osem Jnr, felt when the small bird took off will stay in his heart for a long time. You have brought up a caring young man there Osem.
Old 30-10-2012, 14:50   #5695
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Sounds a good idea, might look into that. Although my first thought was a charity like Macmillan, which is dear to my heart considering my grandmother.

I'm a meanie when it comes to cards, I buy a generic pack of cards with no 'mum, sister' etc on the front. Saves money. Although my mum and grandmother have an agreement where they use the same Christmas card for 2 years then buy a new one.
Old 30-10-2012, 18:32   #5696
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Lovely story, brilliant outcome Osem! How true your last line!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 18:49   #5697
Caff
I'm a geek???

I'm off quick for a bit of Rhod Gilbert comedy at a local arts centre.
I just love being shouted at by a cross Welshman?
Old 30-10-2012, 20:48   #5698
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Star Wars episode 7

http://news.sky.com/story/1004857/di...s-film-company

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Reading 4 - 1 Arsenal
Old 31-10-2012, 22:26   #5699
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Eye op tomorrow.Appointment is at 8..and they only open at 7.45.Off to try and get some sleep.
Old 31-10-2012, 23:36   #5700
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Good luck.