Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ultimate Oomph Answer Sought

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Ultimate Oomph Answer Sought

Old 03-07-2020, 12:02   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Ultimate Oomph Answer Sought

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Area 21 covers a fair bit of London (roughly a diagonal slice from Harrow to Greenwich), and all of Southampton. Cambridge is in area 31 (along with about a dozen other places in England).

It would be a lot less confusing if they didn't call them "areas".
Yes just checked area 31 here but I bet that covers more than Cambridge area.
Old 03-07-2020, 14:18   #17
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Best I can tell you is it WAS available in Area 21 (Greenwich) last year as I've got it myself. Presumably, come next month when my discount ends I will have to make my annual call to Retentions to ensure it doesn't leap from £99/m to £139/m.
During lockdown the unlimited SIM with Ultimate Oomph has been a lifesaver as the "500mb" broadband has been up and down more times than Norwich City FC
I go through the same pantomime every year too
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 16:18   #18
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I'm in Area 31 too in Oxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes just checked area 31 here but I bet that covers more than Cambridge area.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 15:22   #19
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

This whole thing is getting curiouser and curiouser.

I gave it one last try to upgrade to the Ultimate Oomph bundle. Much to my surprise (and after the pre-recorded preamble that goes with any 150 call), I got through almost immediately to Customer Services. It was an Indian call-centre but the agent was polite and helpful if a little hard to understand. She checked and I could upgrade to Ultimate Oomph, keep my existing SIM number, confirmed my details and everything seemed done and dusted.

When I have changed my package in the past I usually received an email a day or two later to confirm everything but after a week I had heard no more so I contacted Customer Services again. The Indian call-centre once more but the agent was equally polite and helpful and confirmed that I had indeed upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph bundle with my previous call. I have since checked my Virgin Media account online and it lists my package as having my old package -the one I thought I had upgraded from. My first call was nine days ago and the second, confirmation call, two days ago.

My question: even allowing for the current Covid-19 situation should I have heard more by now?
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 16:55   #20
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

I would think YES, only once over the years I didn't get an email after a change in contact, but that time the change didn't happen. I would call again, I find the morning around 10 to 10.30 best time

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
This whole thing is getting curiouser and curiouser.

I gave it one last try to upgrade to the Ultimate Oomph bundle. Much to my surprise (and after the pre-recorded preamble that goes with any 150 call), I got through almost immediately to Customer Services. It was an Indian call-centre but the agent was polite and helpful if a little hard to understand. She checked and I could upgrade to Ultimate Oomph, keep my existing SIM number, confirmed my details and everything seemed done and dusted.

When I have changed my package in the past I usually received an email a day or two later to confirm everything but after a week I had heard no more so I contacted Customer Services again. The Indian call-centre once more but the agent was equally polite and helpful and confirmed that I had indeed upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph bundle with my previous call. I have since checked my Virgin Media account online and it lists my package as having my old package -the one I thought I had upgraded from. My first call was nine days ago and the second, confirmation call, two days ago.

My question: even allowing for the current Covid-19 situation should I have heard more by now?
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 13:12   #21
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
I would think YES, only once over the years I didn't get an email after a change in contact, but that time the change didn't happen. I would call again, I find the morning around 10 to 10.30 best time
What does your MyVirginMedia say about the contract?
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 15:11   #22
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
What does your MyVirginMedia say about the contract?
The strangeness continues. When I click on the 'contract' link within My Virgin Media I am taken to a blank page. There is a selection of dates in a drop-down box listing dates of my previous contracts but when selected they, too, are blank. Clicking on the link to 'upgrades' takes me back to the 'Oops, something went wrong' message that prompted my phone calls to Customer Services in the first place. I remain confused.
Old 20-07-2020, 17:21   #23
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

That contracts page is blank for me too. Was working last week though.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 17:24   #24
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
The strangeness continues. When I click on the 'contract' link within My Virgin Media I am taken to a blank page. There is a selection of dates in a drop-down box listing dates of my previous contracts but when selected they, too, are blank. Clicking on the link to 'upgrades' takes me back to the 'Oops, something went wrong' message that prompted my phone calls to Customer Services in the first place. I remain confused.
I have simply given up with trying to upgrade via the website. None of it works!

Fortunately, and unlike many posters on here, I have always had decent experiences with the call centre staff.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 17:52   #25
heavyside
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have simply given up with trying to upgrade via the website. None of it works!
So it's not just me. I even tried to access the site with different browsers (I normally use Firefox) but with the same result.
Old 20-07-2020, 19:56   #26
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
That is the only message I have got for more years than care to remember
Old 20-07-2020, 20:36   #27
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Considsring VM is a technology company, they embarrass themselves with a poorly performing/managed website. This and their email system should be second to none, but sadly, they have a way to go.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 20:07   #28
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Considsring VM is a technology company, they embarrass themselves with a poorly performing/managed website. This and their email system should be second to none, but sadly, they have a way to go.

Is absolute bollox!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 20:22   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
My understanding is i used to get that message because i was on a very old contract, as soon as i got a digital contract or whatever it is called that fixed it.
Old 23-07-2020, 10:38   #30
heavyside
cf.geek

I would be astonished if anyone is following this thread with bated breath but it seems my problems with upgrading to the Ultimate Oomph bundle could be coming to an end.

After numerous attempts to upgrade, I finally got through to someone yesterday (with a Scottish accent this time) who could find no record of my previous attempts and started the whole upgrade sequence for me again from scratch. Then, this morning, I got the confirmation email I had been expecting all along. I checked my account online and, sure enough, the upgrade was listed there too. Activation this Saturday.

My persistence finally paid off but, current conditions aside, surely it shouldn't take several failed attempts online and three lengthy phone calls to do something as simple as changing my package.