Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Big Brother returns on Channel 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Big Brother returns on Channel 5

Old 30-01-2011, 10:52   #76
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star
Re: Big Brother: Channel 5 close to deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I am not really being negative as you should know from my previous posts in the Big Brother thread, I will make jokes and post pictures to lighten it up and sometimes even find information for you.

I may not like the programme but I will help to lighten the moment in the thread.
I totally agree with that and do like your funny pictures but there are people who are being negative and putting it down just for the sake of it. If people dont like it thats fine. Do what I do with programmes I dont like and avoid the channel while Its on. Nobody now is stuck to just one channel so Its not like they cant avoid it
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2011, 10:53   #77
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Our complaints are more down to believing that our screens were finally clear of BB.

Just sad that this will no longer be the case.
The beauty of digital tv is choice. Nobody forces you to watch anything.

Maybe i should go on to the Top Gear thread or CSI and start complaining about them?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 10:56   #78
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
I agree with you. loads of programmes I dont like either and I let the people on those threads talk about them and dont knock them for liking them either. Each to there own and they are entitled to that
Yes but the programs must of us talk about are 45-50 minutes a week and not hundreds of hours that replace regular programs in the disheartening belief that it's what a majority of the UK public want, when in fact I think the last figures were dismal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Our complaints are more down to believing that our screens were finally clear of BB.

Just sad that this will no longer be the case.
Not true as they were always looking for a buyer for the program..

Very surprised that BB doesn't purely go IP subscription based, people seem fanatical about watching complete strangers sitting round all day talking about nothing in particular, anyone who actually wants to watch that is also susceptible to paying for the privilege..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 10:59   #79
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Yes but the programs must of us talk about are 45-50 minutes a week and not hundreds of hours that replace regular programs in the disheartening belief that it's what a majority of the UK public want, when in fact I think the last figures were dismal.

Very surprised that BB doesn't purely go IP subscription based, people seem fanatical about watching complete strangers sitting round all day talking about nothing in particular, anyone who actually wants to watch that is also susceptible to paying for the privilege..
Most of the hate comes from people who haven't even watched it though. At least with Top Gear I have good reasons to hate it. Jeremy Clarkeson!!
Old 30-01-2011, 11:01   #80
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:

They may be 45_40mins long but still people still do talk about them on the theads and i dont go and ruin the convo that takes place and knock the people for liking them. I do have the respect that because I dont liike them I should slag the programmes of.
Old 30-01-2011, 11:02   #81
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I never mentioned HATE, just annoyed that a lot of good programming will vanish for over a month.. Personally I have seen BB and I find it boring but with over a thousand channels to watch I'm sure I'll find something else..
Old 30-01-2011, 11:02   #82
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Most of the hate comes from people who haven't even watched it though. At least with Top Gear I have good reasons to hate it. Jeremy Clarkeson!!
With me, it's that little short one!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:04   #83
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
They may be 45_40mins long but still people still do talk about them on the theads and i dont go and ruin the convo that takes place and knock the people for liking them. I do have the respect that because I dont liike them I should slag the programmes of.
well said.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
With me, it's that little short one!
I know, grrrr

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Quote:
I never mentioned HATE, just annoyed that a lot of good programming will vanish for over a month.. Personally I have seen BB and I find it boring but with over a thousand channels to watch I'm sure I'll find something else..
Exactly, Kymmy. We have choice and plenty of it. I avoid Top Gear, it's not rammed down my throat. I don't hate the people who like it or want to deny them their programme.
Old 30-01-2011, 11:05   #84
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
You do though have a perfect right to go in those threads and make constructive criticism in why you don't like those programmes, just because you do not choose to do so doesn't mean to say that everyone has to forgo their right to discussion whether fore or against as it's not against the sites rules nor is it considered bad netiqutte.. The threads are marked with the program name and not "Only for fans of 'the programme'"
Old 30-01-2011, 11:07   #85
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
You do though have a perfect right to go in those threads and make constructive criticism in why you don't like those programmes, just because you do not choose to do so doesn't mean to say that everyone has to forgo their right to discussion whether fore or against as it's not against the sites rules nor is it considered bad netiqutte.. The threads are marked with the program name and not "Only for fans of 'the programme'"
That would make us very sad, though. I don't see the point of attacking someone elses preferences on tv shows

(waits for someone to call me sad about BB )
Old 30-01-2011, 11:08   #86
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Well when the world cup comes on and it interfers with programmes I watch yes it annoys me but even at that I just go and find something to watch and dont go on the sport threads and slag the people who are enjoying it and like to talk about the ins and outs of it.

I just get on with finding other things to do and the people who like sport or other programmes like Sci_fi and othre stuff I have never seen them having to defend the fact that they like those programmes
Old 30-01-2011, 11:09   #87
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Well when the world cup comes on and it interfers with programmes I watch yes it annoys me but even at that I just go and find something to watch and dont go on the sport threads and slag the people who are enjoying it and like to talk about the ins and outs of it.

I just get on with finding other things to do and the people who like sport or other programmes like Sci_fi and othre stuff I have never seen them having to defend the fact that they like those programmes
Yep, same here. I have digital TV and I find something else to watch, we have VoD too if nothing is on
Old 30-01-2011, 11:14   #88
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to defend the fact that you like the program? It's your life, your TV and your time. Just ignore them and watch the show..

Everyone though is entitled to an opinion, just the same as yourself saying that you had given up on one TV program and won't watch it twice within the same thread
Old 30-01-2011, 11:16   #89
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
The threads are marked with the program name and not "Only for fans of 'the programme'"
At the moment you mean, as you know the 'team'(if such a thing ever or still exists) have made such requiremtns for discussing BB in the past.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:18   #90
Sasha222
Inactive

Because the minute the thread was made a load of poster came on with negative comments about it. Ya I agree people have there opinion about it and are entitled to it but I didn't see the title of the thread saying oh big brother is back and I want to maon. Its a postive one for people who do like bb. As far as I can remember there is a moan thread for people who dont like it