Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 03-01-2020, 17:29   #61
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I know isn't that what I said.
I think Sky signed an extension to their deal with HBO
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2020, 17:50   #62
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

TV Times is reporting the following channel numbers that are not right:

141. 5USA (Channel 4 HD is broadcasting on that channel right now outside London)
141. 5USA HD (Channel 4 HD is broadcasting on that channel right now outside London)
711. CITV HD (CITV do not have an HD Channel)

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
According to JJ20X on Forumbox, MTV Classic and La Liga TV are showing on the network. Given their locations on the network he thinks they are in testing.
https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...0843#post80843
Look like Virgin Media are launching both MTV Classic and La Liga TV on old VH1* and ZooMoo HD* slots.

*Both channels are set to close on January 7th.

I think MTV Classic will be given Channel 317.
I think La Liga TV will be given Channel 550 or 555. (I am 80% going with channel 550)

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I'm looking forward to the Sky UHD content to kick in.
Does anyone know when the deal is due to start?
No idea.

But Sky Comedy IS coming to Virgin Media.

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...es-virgin.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 19:46   #63
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

excellent news about sky comedy. Lets hope it launches at the same time rather than a typical sky exclusive for 6 months or some other daft idea.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 19:49   #64
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
excellent news about sky comedy. Lets hope it launches at the same time rather than a typical sky exclusive for 6 months or some other daft idea.
Well Sky Crime DID launch on the same day as Sky.

Sky Comedy will appear on Universal TV Channels numbers (Unless Sky ask Virgin to move the Sky Basic channels numbers again.)
Old 04-01-2020, 02:04   #65
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Sky on Twitter has confirmed that Sky Comedy is set to launch in the UK on January 27th 2020.

https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/stat...01905553100800
Old 04-01-2020, 23:31   #66
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the Sky UHD content to kick in.
Does anyone know when the deal is due to start?

I had a conversation with a sky retentions person a couple of days ago - she said sky are actively trying to get enough UHD program content to warrant having dedicated channels.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:52   #67
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Apparently friends is going to be shown on sky comedy.....have we gone full circle? i thought it was on comedy central after E4? Its ended up back on sky again from like 20 years ago?
Old 05-01-2020, 11:18   #68
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Apparently friends is going to be shown on sky comedy.....have we gone full circle? i thought it was on comedy central after E4? Its ended up back on sky again from like 20 years ago?
Channel 5 have been showing it lately too. Though they have same ownership as Comedy Central.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:13   #69
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
This is probably due to the recent deal between Sky and AT&T/Warners.

Friends will air on HBOMax in the States from May, but as a result of the deal, Sky gets first access rights to all HBO stuff as far as we're concerned in the UK, so that must be why Friends will be on Sky Comedy.
Old 06-01-2020, 13:55   #70
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Is there a list of programmes for Sky Comedy, or will it be The Simpsons 24/7 lol
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 14:05   #71
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Is there a list of programmes for Sky Comedy, or will it be The Simpsons 24/7 lol
Not seen anything since the initial press release. I'd be surprised if The Simpsons is on Sky Comedy.

A quick search brings up this list on the Wikipedia page.

Mrs. Fletcher
The Righteous Gemstones
A.P. Bio
Sunnyside
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Ballers
Barry
Kidding
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Saturday Night Live
Will & Grace
Parks and Recreation
Entourage
Eastbound & Down
Veep
30 Rock
Miracle Workers
Sex & The City
The Office
Everybody Hates Chris
Run

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Comedy

As it's Wikipedia, and anyone can add to the page, I'd take that list with a pinch of salt. Though The Righteous Gemstones was mentioned in the Press Release.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 06-01-2020 at 14:09.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 14:25   #72
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Not seen anything since the initial press release. I'd be surprised if The Simpsons is on Sky Comedy.

A quick search brings up this list on the Wikipedia page.

Mrs. Fletcher
The Righteous Gemstones
A.P. Bio
Sunnyside
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Ballers
Barry
Kidding
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Saturday Night Live
Will & Grace
Parks and Recreation
Entourage
Eastbound & Down
Veep
30 Rock
Miracle Workers
Sex & The City
The Office
Everybody Hates Chris
Run

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Comedy

As it's Wikipedia, and anyone can add to the page, I'd take that list with a pinch of salt. Though The Righteous Gemstones was mentioned in the Press Release.
I seen an advert for Sky Comedy on Sky News last night and quite a few of those were in the ad so it will probably be right enough, up until now 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' & 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' among others have been Sky Atlantic exclusives.

Nice to see them spreading over more channels (and ones we can get)
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 19:52   #73
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
TV Times is reporting the following channel numbers that are not right:

141. 5USA (Channel 4 HD is broadcasting on that channel right now outside London)
141. 5USA HD (Channel 4 HD is broadcasting on that channel right now outside London)
711. CITV HD (CITV do not have an HD Channel)

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Look like Virgin Media are launching both MTV Classic and La Liga TV on old VH1* and ZooMoo HD* slots.

*Both channels are set to close on January 7th.

I think MTV Classic will be given Channel 317.
I think La Liga TV will be given Channel 550 or 555. (I am 80% going with channel 550)

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

No idea.

But Sky Comedy IS coming to Virgin Media.

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...es-virgin.html
5USA HD doesn't currently exist... are Viacom finally launching an HD stream for 5USA?
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 00:53   #74
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I seen an advert for Sky Comedy on Sky News last night and quite a few of those were in the ad so it will probably be right enough, up until now 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' & 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' among others have been Sky Atlantic exclusives.

Nice to see them spreading over more channels (and ones we can get)
Its excellent. curb and last week tonight were all i was interested from atlantic. fingers crossed it does launch...
Old 07-01-2020, 01:19   #75
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Its excellent. curb and last week tonight were all i was interested from atlantic. fingers crossed it does launch...
It’s definitely coming as it replaces Universal Channel

On another note I notice VH-1 Xmas has been reverted back to MTV Rocks and the V6 EPG logo is a lot bigger which is sensible.

Maybe the rest of the MTV channels will follow suit.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote