Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice PC

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Advice PC

Old 11-10-2019, 20:08   #16
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one
Re: Advice PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I doubt FB is the issue, it's an online resource and not physically installed on a pc afaik.
Perhaps your pc just isn't really up to running windows 10, it is 10 years old after all.

I second that...
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2019, 20:12   #17
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
I second that...
In which MS shouldn't 'upgrade' PCs if it degrades performance. It's crippled my old laptop. All to get you to buy new devices no doubt.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 23:03   #18
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
In which MS shouldn't 'upgrade' PCs if it degrades performance. It's crippled my old laptop. All to get you to buy new devices no doubt.

Agreed..i'm sticking with win 7 as long as I can, never have any problems with it whereas Mrs Daveeb's win 10 laptop causes multiple problems with the constant almost unavoidable upgrades
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 00:20   #19
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

PC is working fine but my Ipad & Tablet will not connect to Virgin media it keeps saying wrong password, but my password has never changed and I am putting it in correct . Whatever next
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 13:01   #20
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
PC is working fine but my Ipad & Tablet will not connect to Virgin media it keeps saying wrong password, but my password has never changed and I am putting it in correct . Whatever next

Are they trying to connect on 2G or 5G ? Which ever it is try the opposite.
Mine sometimes loses connection on one but not the other.
Failing that, if you have a spare router, you could either put your VM router into modem mode and run the wifi from the spare router or keep the VM router as it is and run the spare router as an access point.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 13:32   #21
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

All is well today, I turned the PC off at the wall again and back on, everything back to normal. Thanks to you all for listening, Hope all is good for a long time now,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote