Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2016/2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2016/2017

Old 18-09-2016, 17:42   #286
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

Abject is the only word to describe their performance, still think that was a clear foul on Martial before the first goal but 3-1 is a fair reflection overall.

How long have Sunderland been wearing been wearing this strip.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2016, 17:47   #287
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Harry Kane scores but christ he's hesitant. Absolutely no desire to strike it first time with his left. Sunderland sinking. Pennies spent, players sold, the rug being pulled beneath them. Elis Short and co have some decent questions to answer.
Old 18-09-2016, 18:11   #288
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Harry Kane scores but christ he's hesitant. Absolutely no desire to strike it first time with his left. Sunderland sinking. Pennies spent, players sold, the rug being pulled beneath them. Elis Short and co have some decent questions to answer.
Well Moyes did actually say they would be in a relegation battle as soon as he arrived so l think their struggles are a surprise to no one adzii.
Old 18-09-2016, 18:22   #289
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

It's not so much the struggle, it's the complete lack of desire around the club. Everyone else are pulling out the cheque books and Sunderland are stuck fighting Relegation with loaned players and a relatively similar squad to last season, a season they almost went down.

Januzaj get's sent off. They're lucky to still have 10 following a blatant pull. Just like Newcastle last year, January will come far too late. Moyes will be sacked eventually as he always is now and Sunderland will slip into obscurity.

What's more dangerous for Sunderland is if they're spending nothing now, who's to say they'll suddenly spend to get out of the championship. Another Villa in the making.

Been a more one sided game with as little goals this season? 30 shots and 1 goal from Spurs. 13 corners.
Old 20-09-2016, 14:34   #290
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Jose
Old 21-09-2016, 22:10   #291
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Guess United are seeing City again sooner rather than later.

Surely we'll bypass Preston and be on to the last eight. RAFA!
Old 21-09-2016, 23:07   #292
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I was under the impression that when PL clubs played in competitions. Under the rules THEY HAD TO PLAY THERE STRONGEST SIDE.

I was listening to the Spurs game. And most of the players l had never heard of.

Surely, this is breaking rules
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 00:02   #293
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

They can play any players they want in the team.

Also just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't a good player.
Old 22-09-2016, 00:06   #294
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

lol
Old 22-09-2016, 00:55   #295
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I was under the impression that when PL clubs played in competitions. Under the rules THEY HAD TO PLAY THERE STRONGEST SIDE.

I was listening to the Spurs game. And most of the players l had never heard of.

Surely, this is breaking rules
Typing in caps doesn't make your incorrect statement any more valid. Under what rules? Those rules were scrapped 5 years ago for the Premier League and have never officially existed for cup matches, Catch up.

Pretty hilarious that after a 5-0 win you're still finding a reason to appear here and moan. Guess we'll see you at the weekend for your anti Chelsea rant.

That aside, how does one expect youth to develop at top level if people have the opinion that cups should be the millionaires playing? I'll always remember fondly Tim Krul,current Ajax #1 got his first team football via the Uefa cup against Palermo some years back now as a kid, went on to get regular cup appearances and a run in the league which cemented him as Newcastles #1 Famous for funnily enough probably one of the greatest performances in a game by a keeper vs Spurs. Later being known as the guy subbed on for Holland a minute before penalties and going on to save two in the shootout, sending them through. Basically, from a few cup games to Ajax. That's the benefit of using cups against far weaker teams. Be fair.. It was Gillingham.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 22-09-2016 at 01:11.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 21:41   #296
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I believe that fielding an inexpericence team is demeaning the Cup Competition.

Yes, Spurs won 5 - 0 but there have been some games that l have gone to over the years, where, you go expecting the great players of the side. And it was the Reserves that played - and it wasn't a reserve game l went to.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 21:59   #297
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Then clubs should shoot out lower ticket prices. It's London so I understand your plight, probably still a rip off in a cup game.

My own club lower them to £15/£5 for both FA and league cup.

They were £10/£3 the other night.

I don't know what Spurs are so you'd have to chime in on that.
Old 22-09-2016, 22:16   #298
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I believe that fielding an inexpericence team is demeaning the Cup Competition.

Yes, Spurs won 5 - 0 but there have been some games that l have gone to over the years, where, you go expecting the great players of the side. And it was the Reserves that played - and it wasn't a reserve game l went to.
Its not demeaning at all.

How else are young players meant to get experience?

When they play a team like that they don't need to put out their best players, it gives them a chance to rest and the younger less experianced players to get a game and build up their skills.
Old 22-09-2016, 22:23   #299
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Then clubs should shoot out lower ticket prices. It's London so I understand your plight, probably still a rip off in a cup game.

My own club lower them to £15/£5 for both FA and league cup.

They were £10/£3 the other night.

I don't know what Spurs are so you'd have to chime in on that.
Same at Man United for EFL games, a decent price reduction on ticket prices.
Old 22-09-2016, 22:55   #300
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Same at Man United for EFL games, a decent price reduction on ticket prices.
As a kid I relied on cup games to see Newcastle play. I was too young to attend alone and the elders only had Wednesday nights off. They'd take a Tuesday off if they played that night (Weekends were off the cards as they ran a taxi firm) Money wasn't a huge factor but the generous ticket prices allowed us to attend pretty much every cup game at home per season, £15 for the Sunderland supporting grandfather and a fiver each for me and my brother. £25, you were laughing. That's 4 games for a hundred quid, in comparison, I paid £100 for two tickets upon Keegan's second coming at home to Bolton. £88 for two seats at home to City.

Even as I got old enough to go alone, he still attended, a die hard football lover that supported Sunderland but would go anywhere to watch the game played. That's the reason you'll never see me slag of Sunderland fans or the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4349841.stm

£25 quid to watch Shearer score goals, worth every penny.

Attended the home tie against Sporting Lisbon just after that, Shearer scoring a retaken headed goal twice in a 1-0 win. (Scored once from a crossed free-kick that was disallowed and retaken, scored again, the madman)

Then crashed out to them in the second leg 4-1.

All in all though, Champions League nights will never change, I experienced them a few times but as you all know, it's not coming again anytime soon. Uefa cup nights though used to be just as amazing, but it's just vanished, a few seasons ago I went to all the home ties and it just doesn't feel the same, it feels how people describe the league cup. The straight knockout format was much better for me.