Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connection Problem - WGT624 v3 Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Connection Problem - WGT624 v3 Router

Old 15-02-2006, 10:54   #1
Desy420
Inactive

Desy420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Connection Problem - WGT624 v3 Router

Hi all, thanks for reading but can someone please help me with this!!
I recently bought a Netgear WGT624 v3 router. upstairs in the house I have my main Dell pc with XP Pro SP1 connected to it and i use a Toshiba Sattelite Centrino(XP Home SP2) laptop for wireless access to internet downstairs in my tv lounge but everytime, no matter what time of the day, i get connection problem where it drops connection to internet every 3-5 minutes and then it connects it back within 1-2 minutes but then it drops the connection again and it goes on again & again & again for however long i use my laptop so can someone please tell me what do i do to solve this annoying problem!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

Saf
Desy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2006, 11:17   #2
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star
Re: Connection Problem - WGT624 v3 Router

to CF

A lot of wireless stability issues can be solved by switching wireless channels. Wireless routers can operate on one of 12 (iirc) distinct frequencies around 2.4Ghz. They have to share this range with various other gadgets, eg digital senders, dect phones, microwaves!
Your router will have the ability to change the wireless channel. Most by default (iirc) operate on 7, but setting to 1 or 12 may give you better connectivity. There is a better explanation of channels and overlaps somewhere on here, but that should get you started.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote