Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

Old 22-05-2020, 19:52   #136
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future
Re: Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

As ozsat said, "I found out due to clicking a BIG RED banner on the VM home page."

Virgin Media have actively been promoting the Pause feature on their homepage since it became available. There have also extensive press and general internet stories regarding the pausing of the BT and Sky Sports packages. Martin Lewis even appeared on TV advising people how they could pause the sports.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2020, 15:34   #137
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
As ozsat said, "I found out due to clicking a BIG RED banner on the VM home page."

Virgin Media have actively been promoting the Pause feature on their homepage since it became available. There have also extensive press and general internet stories regarding the pausing of the BT and Sky Sports packages. Martin Lewis even appeared on TV advising people how they could pause the sports.
They should automatically be discounting bills, not waiting for customers to claim. There will be those that don't realise a discount is available or that they have to claim.

I didn't think I'd qualify for this as I don't subscribe to any sports channel. But I do have full house TV which includes BT sport's. Only realised I could claim from this thread.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 15:48   #138
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Neither Sky or BT automatically do it, so I can't see either of them allowing Virgin Media to do so as part of what seems to be a coordinated action for those channels.
Old 23-05-2020, 16:08   #139
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post

That's ok if you can spend time constantly going on the VM homepage so the BIG RED banner could be the size of my 35ft x 33ft living room and I still wouldn't have seen it would I?

Although I do spend a lot of time on the internet, not once did I ever come across the "extensive" press or internet stories I think it was tall stories
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 16:20   #140
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

VM were also posting it to their own forum on the 24th March:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...n/td-p/4179079

Tech sites were also covering it:
https://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/...r-get-a-refund
https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/...virus-pandemic

Along with the news websites:
https://conversation.which.co.uk/mon...a-coronavirus/
https://inews.co.uk/sport/sky-sports...vid-19-2517836
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...l-subscription
Old 23-05-2020, 16:25   #141
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It maybe as neither channel supplier were not doing it for their own platforms - VM were told they also could not email out.

And an automatic change would be a change in contract - so I guess they was a no-no too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Neither Sky or BT automatically do it, so I can't see either of them allowing Virgin Media to do so as part of what seems to be a coordinated action for those channels.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 17:32   #142
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
They should automatically be discounting bills, not waiting for customers to claim. There will be those that don't realise a discount is available or that they have to claim.

I didn't think I'd qualify for this as I don't subscribe to any sports channel. But I do have full house TV which includes BT sport's. Only realised I could claim from this thread.
I only found out because I am a member on here, I have informed my wider family who also had no idea that they could claim a credit for their sports channels.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 17:40   #143
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Sky/BT are between a rock and a hard place. Leagues are looking to them it act in good faith and keep making payments despite no guarantee of a product, arguing clubs could go to the wall without the cash.

If someone ultimately doesn’t explore cancelling the channels and are satisfied to pay (e.g. by not asking the question) I’m not sure they are at fault.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 21:07   #144
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Sky/BT are between a rock and a hard place. Leagues are looking to them it act in good faith and keep making payments despite no guarantee of a product, arguing clubs could go to the wall without the cash.

If someone ultimately doesn’t explore cancelling the channels and are satisfied to pay (e.g. by not asking the question) I’m not sure they are at fault.
I quite agree, I would have thought most people looking to pause their sports subs would have investigated this when ebpverything closed down in March
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 09:14   #145
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Like many, I paused my sports sub and now I read that football is returning on 17 June. Does anyone know if I need to contact customer services to reinstate my sub before then or will this be done automatically?
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 09:15   #146
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Like many, I paused my sports sub and now I read that football is returning on 17 June. Does anyone know if I need to contact customer services to reinstate my sub before then or will this be done automatically?
As it says on the form:
Quote:
We’ll restart your payments automatically, and let you know when that's happening.

Thank you for your patience and consideration during this time.
Old 29-05-2020, 09:44   #147
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Absolutely no need - you have been able to watch/record these channels throughout your suspension and should be able to do so wether the subscription fee is resumed.

If they fail to un-pause the sub that is their problem.
Old 29-05-2020, 10:30   #148
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Absolutely no need - you have been able to watch/record these channels throughout your suspension and should be able to do so wether the subscription fee is resumed.

If they fail to un-pause the sub that is their problem.
At the moment all of the Sky Sports channels are greyed out and unavailable on my EPG. The BT Sports channels are still visible.
Old 29-05-2020, 11:14   #149
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
At the moment all of the Sky Sports channels are greyed out and unavailable on my EPG. The BT Sports channels are still visible.
Assuming you previously subscribed to sky sports, they should still be available.

Have they just been greyed out or have they been greyed out since you paused?

If the former, it would seem the action of us pausing has caused it. If the latter then it was the original pausing that caused it.

I am also assuming you paused it rather than cancel.

Either way, I think your best course of action is to run CS.
Old 29-05-2020, 11:24   #150
heavyside
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Assuming you previously subscribed to sky sports, they should still be available.

Have they just been greyed out or have they been greyed out since you paused?

If the former, it would seem the action of us pausing has caused it. If the latter then it was the original pausing that caused it.

I am also assuming you paused it rather than cancel.

Either way, I think your best course of action is to run CS.
I will do that if this persists when football or F1 resumes. This greying out dates from shortly after I paused my sports package. I assumed it was a consequence of pausing. I did recently renew with Virgin Media. The only thing that changed as far as I can tell is that my previous package was Full House and is now Maxit something-or-other. Same package as before, new name, less per month.