Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 30-07-2015, 23:31   #4486
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Mission Impossible 5 - Rogue Nation 8/10.

Just watched at the newly opened IMAX at Leeds Kirkstall Vue - the Luxury seats are leather electric recliners, with a sliding tray to rest your wine/beer/snacks on (which they sell in the actual screen, not just at the main kiosk).

Sound and picture quality are amazing, and the film was very enjoyable as well.

This, and the Everyman in Leeds (which has waiter service to the seat) are my two favourite cinemas now.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2015, 05:11   #4487
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

The Man From UNCLE - 8/10

I might have given it more had I not fallen asleep

Really good actually (my dropping off was due to being so tired), think of a 1960s James Bond film with the humour and slickness of Ocean's Eleven. Completely OTT and unrealistic but it was never meant to win an Oscar.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 03:45   #4488
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Chappie - Utterly brilliant! One of the most underrated films of the year. I didn't enjoy district 9 that much but found it watchable... This I found much better. The only downside is the massive advertisement for Die Antewoord or whatever they're called. They literally play themselves. 8/10

Left Behind - Netflix watch without checking ratings 0/10. What is the deal with Nic Cage taking anything he can get his hands on... The worst part about it is the fact this is a serious film and I'd consider birdemic to top this.

Terminator Genisys (Keeps autocorrecting) - 5/10. 1 point for Matt Smith but it's an awful 'reboot' I'd rather they'd continued from Salvation even if it wasn't the best because this is probably worse. Burying one of my favourite franchises.
Old 30-08-2015, 19:46   #4489
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

San Andreas 10/10 superb movie
Terminator Genisys 7/10 this is the reboot it needed.
End of the watch 7/10 gritty drama (netflix).
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 23:21   #4490
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Legend - 9/10.

What an awesome film. I loved the 1990 Krays film and was expecting something similar but I couldn't be more wrong. Tom Hardy absolutely nails both roles and you can tell within the first 5 minutes how good he'll be. At times you forget he plays both characters he's that good and transforms Ronnie in to such an unintentionally tragic funny person.

Best comment of the evening, as we left someone said "That was good, I wonder if they'll do a sequel..."
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 14:33   #4491
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Gravity - wavering between 7/10 and 8/10. Curiously, it's not the first time media has addressed the issue of space junk; it first came up in UFO, the episode Conflict. The Aliens took advantage of a piece of junk, which was frequently passed by SHADO's Lunar Modules, to place a sort of limpet there; it caused an LM to re-enter too steeply, resulting in its burning up.

I've heard criticism that the film wasn't realistic, but I don't agree (except for the re-entry scene - Ryan could never have made re-entry safely with the vehicle tumbling like that); everything seemed spot-on to me.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron - definite 10/10! One of my favourite bits, though, as a Firefly fan, was the bar scene between Natasha and Bruce; it was Kaylee and Simon all over again! I'm sure Josh had a lot of fun with that scene!

Old 27-10-2015, 00:19   #4492
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

SPECTRE 10/10

Watched all the Daniel Craig bonds in preparation for this one and loved it. Other half was with me when we went to see this at the local IMAX as she has a connection to it in preparing the hyundia police cars shown in the last few scenes
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2015, 23:14   #4493
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

It follows 7/10 a good creepy horror.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 04:45   #4494
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Hitman: Agent 47 - 5/10, has it's moments but it's somehow worse than the first. A shame too because Rupert played the perfect 47.

MI:Rogue Nation - 8/10. They seem to get better as the series goes on.
Old 29-10-2015, 17:42   #4495
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Journey to the Prehistoric Planet - utter rubbish, I only bought it because it was made in the same year the recipient was born as a silly birthday present. Varies between colour and black and white, not because of artistic genius but because it was the film in the camera at the time.
Old 13-12-2015, 21:20   #4496
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Star Wars: The Despecialized Edition

10/10

So much better without Lucas' later tinkering.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 17:30   #4497
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Empire Strikes Back: The Despecialized Edition

Return of the Jedi: The Despecialized Edition

Both 10/10.

And then today:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

10/10

Star Wars is back!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 20:53   #4498
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Force Awakens - 10/10 as well, loved it
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 21:28   #4499
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Star Wars The Force Awakens 9/10 Absolutely loved it
Old 17-12-2015, 23:03   #4500
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Star Wars: The Force Awakens 9/10.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote