Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 14-11-2010, 18:54   #3136
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

That the one with him & Morgan Freeman as retired spies or something?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2010, 19:01   #3137
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Yup, that's the one (with Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Karl Urban, and Richard Dreyfuss).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 19:03   #3138
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Let me in.8/10A bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire who lives in secrecy with her guardian.

It is a remake of "Let the right one in" which is a Swedish movie but worth watching if you have not seen the original.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 19:05   #3139
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yup, that's the one (with Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Karl Urban, and Richard Dreyfuss).
I saw a trailer ages ago (I think when The A Team was out). Looked fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Let me in.8/10A bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire who lives in secrecy with her guardian.

It is a remake of "Let the right one in" which is a Swedish movie but worth watching if you have not seen the original.
Have you seen the original?
Old 14-11-2010, 19:07   #3140
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I saw a trailer ages ago (I think when The A Team was out). Looked fun.

Have you seen the original?
Yes and the new one is almost shot for shot but it is more graphic and sometimes a bit gruesome, I downloaded it after going to see "Let me in"
Old 14-11-2010, 20:41   #3141
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I love the original. I don't see the point in the remake, other than for people who refuse to watch foreign language films.
Old 14-11-2010, 21:34   #3142
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I love the original. I don't see the point in the remake, other than for people who refuse to watch foreign language films.
The version I downloaded was actually dubbed into english but I will watch any movie with subtitles if it is good, such as "Female Agents" or "The Lives of others" both brilliant and "Tell no one" which is in french and I bought because I had already read the book..
Old 21-11-2010, 22:39   #3143
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Two films recently..

Skyline: 4/10. Excellent special effects. That's the good part, and something you'd expect considering the film was made by a company who did the special effects for 2012, Iron Man 2 and The A Team. Trouble is, the characters have no depth. In a disaster movie (which this essentially is), you don't need a great deal of character depth, but they do need to have some trait you can at least vaguely identify with. At least I do. I have to have something about the characters I like, or really hate. This film offered nothing.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.1 6/10
Not a bad film by any means, it's just it follows the first half of the book a little too closely, as a result, it's very slow in places, and, for some reason, Emma Watson in particular spends a lot of the film showing fear, anger or sadness. I say for some reason because she actually seems to get more screen time than Daniel Radcliffe.

Still, it is actually a good film, just a little slow as it is setting up a lot of things to happen in the final film.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Saw 3D 5/10

I'll start off by saying missus and I love Saw and Saw II, and really like Saw 3-6. 3-6 we saw at the cinema and rewatch all the previous films to remind ouselves of what's what.

Saw 3D however is crap
I quite liked Saw. Thought Saw II was OK, and 3 passable. Didn't bother watching after that.

I thought I read somewhere that the reason they went for the 3d in the final saw is that the franchise lost a lot of money they wanted to recoup.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 22:42   #3144
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Logans Run 6/10 a daft old movie from the 1970's but fun to watch and remember how amazing Jenny Agutter was in her younger days, still nice now.
Old 21-11-2010, 23:01   #3145
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Demolition Man

I've never understood why this had such awful reviews. Awesome fun. It's my favourite Stallone movie, and my second-favourite Snipes movie after Blade.

8/10
Old 21-11-2010, 23:13   #3146
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Demolition Man

I've never understood why this had such awful reviews. Awesome fun. It's my favourite Stallone movie, and my second-favourite Snipes movie after Blade.

8/10
Can't go wrong with Demolition Man. Especially as Sandra Bullock looks rather cute dressed as a copper..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 07:04   #3147
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Jackass 3D - 9/10

the missus and I rewatched the first 2 films recently to make sure we still liked this sort of humour and enjoyed them (I'd give them 8/10 each)

we didn't stop laughing during the new one, and as daft as this may seem, most probably the best use of 3d we've seen at the cinema, stuff whizzing around in all directions!
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 23:18   #3148
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

The Other Guys with will farrel and mark walberg. This was laugh out loud funny and cracked me up throughout. 8 out of 10.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 23:20   #3149
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Salt 8/10

Really good fun action movie. Plot is totally all over the place and believability was lost in the first scene but that's what makes a great action movie doesn't it!
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 00:45   #3150
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla View Post
Salt 8/10

Really good fun action movie. Plot is totally all over the place and believability was lost in the first scene but that's what makes a great action movie doesn't it!
I loved that movie, you don't mess with Salt!!
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote