Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A simple guide to PC ports

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Weird noises coming from Monitor?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:07   #1
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Question Weird noises coming from Monitor?

Ok another one of my silly queries.

Lately I have been hearing weird noises coming from somewhere in my work station. I think I have finally tracked down where it is coming from, and it is starting to drive me batty! I think it is the monitor (MultiSync LCD 1530v). It sounds like someone is sending morse code, but the message always seems to be the same and of the same duration. I can still hear it when the speakers turned right down. What do you think it could be? Sensible answers only please. ......................well if you must!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Weird noises coming from Monitor?

Mobile phone nearby?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:38   #3
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Mobile phone nearby?
Yes Graham, do you think that is the problem?

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Whew! Problem solved, thank you Graham. Moved the mobile to another room... simples! Thought I was going to be endless hours fixing this that and the next thing, quickest fix I've ever had.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:12   #4
Graham M
-

Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars

No worries it's just the low frequency carrier signal interfering with the speakers, it will do that with most speakers, sometimes even when they're off
Old 07-06-2010, 11:15   #5
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Actually ultra high not low frequency...

Tinky, did you think that they were messages from another world?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:29   #6
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Actually ultra high not low frequency...

Tinky, did you think that they were messages from another world?
Lol Kymmy! Messages from the other side/outer space either that or I was going doolally, well lets face it I'm half way there already!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:46   #7
Graham M
-

My bad, I assumed wrongly that they were relatively low hence why they were affecting analogue devices
Old 07-06-2010, 12:01   #8
fatmat8
cf.addict

Services: ntl
fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough

my first thought it sounded like a modem signal
fatmat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:59   #9
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
My bad, I assumed wrongly that they were relatively low hence why they were affecting analogue devices
It's not the radio wave you hear but the pulsing as it sends out multiple packets of signals trying to negotiate with the cell tower. Because the packets are extremely close toegether it's as though they're a sound. This of course is picked up and then amplified by the speaker circuit.
Old 07-06-2010, 22:06   #10
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

My first thought was that maybe you'd got it confused with the TV and Inspector Morse was on
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 23:22   #11
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I heard that noise most of the time, and then shortly after, my phone will ring or a text message will arrive.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:50   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I heard that noise most of the time, and then shortly after, my phone will ring or a text message will arrive.
It also happens on simple negotiations (for example when you turn your phone on, or if the tower hasn't heard from it for a length of time. The pulses then tend to be shorter than when a call is incoming
Old 10-06-2010, 06:41   #13
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Question Re: Weird noises coming from Monitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakman View Post
Count your tennis balls. It sounds like digestion. Watch him over the next 24 hours. Make sure he's eating drinking and relieving himself of both. If he's not doing all of these, take him to the vet.
Whatever you are on damn is it strong.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 01:44   #14
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

roflmao
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote