Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 13-09-2013, 11:50   #3661
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Still bemused about the logo business... sorry it annoys people but I really don't notice it. Odd.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2013, 12:05   #3662
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Still bemused about the logo business... sorry it annoys people but I really don't notice it. Odd.
Well each to their own views Doug.
Old 13-09-2013, 12:21   #3663
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well each to their own views Doug.
Agreed Den but this time I have no view as it literally doesn't get noticed when have BT Sport on. Must tune it out or something....
Old 13-09-2013, 19:10   #3664
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Agreed Den but this time I have no view as it literally doesn't get noticed when have BT Sport on. Must tune it out or something....
I have to agree Doug I really do not notice it when I am watching BT sport.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 19:08   #3665
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I've just finished my first full Premier League match on bt sport. I still like the logo placement. I have, however, spent many years wondering what the point of Mark Halsey is. I've still no idea!
Old 14-09-2013, 19:44   #3666
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

On BT its to get people talking. annoying as he is, ref bias lol, theres no denying BT will be happy with people talking about their channels.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 21:13   #3667
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
On BT its to get people talking. annoying as he is, ref bias lol, theres no denying BT will be happy with people talking about their channels.
I've no problem with the concept, just cannot understand the point of somebody who isn't prepared to even consider the possibility that the ref has made a mistake. In the studio were Warnock and McManaman (both former wingers, fwiw), who believed that the ref had made a mistake. The replays showed that the ref had made a mistake. There was even video footage of the official closest to the incident saying that he was unable to call it. And yet Halsey was so reluctant to come out against Moss that even Warnock was lost for words. By all means have a ref in the commentary box - I like the fact that bt are trying to innovate - but using somebody who has zero credibility (check my posts - I was saying the same during Fulham v. Arsenal, this isn't just because of today) just defeats the object. Which is a shame.
Old 18-09-2013, 19:30   #3668
TonyM19
Inactive

TonyM19 is on a distinguished roadTonyM19 is on a distinguished road

An update on Premier Sports.

In response to a tweet asking if they were about to appear on VM in the near future:

@south_stander @virginmedia funny you ask. They rejected us again 2 weeks ago and I think that is us done with negotiations.

@south_stander @virginmedia we wanted We wanted 0.3% of what they just paid BT!

and later

@south_stander @virginmedia it has to be SKY or the Premier Player I am afraid. Virgin are not for turning.

I think that just about puts that to bed.
TonyM19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 17:29   #3669
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM19 View Post
An update on Premier Sports.

In response to a tweet asking if they were about to appear on VM in the near future:

@south_stander @virginmedia we wanted We wanted 0.3% of what they just paid BT![/I]

I think that just about puts that to bed.
My math isn't that great how much of 70mill is 0.3%?

Ok just googled, £210000 if the 70 mill was accurate.

Surely the NHL coverage is worth that alone?
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 19:27   #3670
Doug P
Inactive

BT Sport's arrival has just about finished any chance of Premier Sport on VM imo....
Old 24-09-2013, 19:47   #3671
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Seconded.
Old 24-09-2013, 21:26   #3672
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The British Basketball League (BBL) has confirmed that British Eurosport will become their new broadcast partner for the 2013/14 season.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1893651
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 19:00   #3673
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
This is true, although I do miss the Ashes, the odd England RFU international and the Ryder cup. All events happen so rarely though, it's just not worth paying the subs.
I agree Harry , with the launch of Sky Sports Ashes I wonder whether we could see similar events having a dedicated named channel with subscription options for those only interested in that particular event rather than the current situation of taking a full Sky Sports sub.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:45   #3674
sminkypinky
Inactive

Services: VIP50, Tivo arrived 18th April.
sminkypinky will become famous soon enoughsminkypinky will become famous soon enoughsminkypinky will become famous soon enough

I see that the BT Sport DOG has changed, now lost its colour.
sminkypinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 16:04   #3675
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminkypinky View Post
I see that the BT Sport DOG has changed, now lost its colour.
Oh deary deary me.