Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 23-06-2013, 09:31   #2161
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

If I were BT I wouldn't sell BT Sports to VM (or anyone else) at all, for exactly the same reasons Sky won't wholesale Atlantic - when you make your profit from triple play bundles not the channel itself, wholesaling access to your biggest USP to a direct rival is counter productive. The only reason its available on Sky is because BT can buy the EPG access direct and cut out Sky entirely, and just use the fact that most people have Sky already as a convenient way to deliver it to people without decent broadband.

The only way I could see it appearing on other providers if it was a 1-year deal and at higher cost to the standard BT rate, to help build the brand recognition. But even then I'm not sure I'd take that deal, the value isn't there.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-06-2013, 09:38   #2162
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
If I were BT I wouldn't sell BT Sports to VM (or anyone else) at all, for exactly the same reasons Sky won't wholesale Atlantic - when you make your profit from triple play bundles not the channel itself, wholesaling access to your biggest USP to a direct rival is counter productive. The only reason its available on Sky is because BT can buy the EPG access direct and cut out Sky entirely, and just use the fact that most people have Sky already as a convenient way to deliver it to people without decent broadband.

The only way I could see it appearing on other providers if it was a 1-year deal and at higher cost to the standard BT rate, to help build the brand recognition. But even then I'm not sure I'd take that deal, the value isn't there.
That is my default view too

But waiting and seeing what will happen
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 09:39   #2163
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Actually there is another possibility - if they get exceptionally poor subscriber numbers on the run up to the new Premiership season they might open it up to wholesale, but I haven't seen any figures released that indicate that either way. When is BTs next results release?
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 09:54   #2164
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
I got a feeling that a deal with BT Sport is going to be announced in late July
We would hope that would be the scenario.
Old 23-06-2013, 10:53   #2165
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
Cool Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
The time could come where this web-page (which was pulled after a day) comes true!
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 11:32   #2166
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
The time could come where this web-page (which was pulled after a day) comes true!
http://www.endofworld.net/

And this web page
Old 23-06-2013, 11:45   #2167
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
http://www.endofworld.net/

And this web page

that was brilliant!
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 11:49   #2168
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So what would you all do if god forbid VM failed to get a deal with BT and they ended up not carrying the BT sports channel (i have no idea if they have or have not got a deal), would you leave VM and move to sky or BT ???
I have been thinking of changing to sky tv and BT fibre for a a while for a variety of reasons, VM not getting BT would be yet another reason.... But I could stay with my existing VM pack and upgrade my satellite dish, there are other ways of getting live HD premier league football on a Saturday, and one suspects that the BT matches will also be available from our European cousins.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 11:51   #2169
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
I have been thinking of changing to sky tv and BT fibre for a a while for a variety of reasons, VM not getting BT would be yet another reason.... But I could stay with my existing VM pack and upgrade my satellite dish, there are other ways of getting live HD premier league football on a Saturday, and one suspects that the BT matches will also be available from our European cousins.
I was reading that BT etc will start to block these online football providers...now they have an interest
Old 23-06-2013, 12:23   #2170
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So what would you all do if god forbid VM failed to get a deal with BT and they ended up not carrying the BT sports channel (i have no idea if they have or have not got a deal), would you leave VM and move to sky or BT ???
no wouldn't leave to join sky
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 13:34   #2171
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I was reading that BT etc will start to block these online football providers...now they have an interest
Who said anything about online providers? The clue was updating the satellite dish. Sky was recently thwarted by a Portsmouth landlady who chooses to get her live premier league footage from Greece. There are options out there.
Old 23-06-2013, 13:44   #2172
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Who said anything about online providers? The clue was updating the satellite dish. Sky was recently thwarted by a Portsmouth landlady who chooses to get her live premier league footage from Greece. There are options out there.
Ahh, sorry..didn't read that right

And yes, i remember that case
Old 23-06-2013, 15:10   #2173
DaMac
Inactive

...as to blocking streaming access, so they should, it is terrible quality if nothing else.
Old 23-06-2013, 15:30   #2174
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

There must be lots of members that cannot get Sky ie the dish, so therefore have to depend on other sources ie BT or VM.

The only company being a pain in the rear is VM. They should be a provider of all channels that Sky have.

But then VM dont give a monkeys for it customer - we have seen that over the years. Customers are after certain channels, but don't get them. Irs always the same - we are in talks, same old crap.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 15:32   #2175
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
There must be lots of members that cannot get Sky ie the dish, so therefore have to depend on other sources ie BT or VM.

The only company being a pain in the rear is VM. They should be a provider of all channels that Sky have.

But then VM dont give a monkeys for it customer - we have seen that over the years. Customers are after certain channels, but don't get them. Irs always the same - we are in talks, same old crap.
Arthur sorry to upset you but you have no idea what you are talking about with regards to your comments about VM.