Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread

Old 28-02-2021, 18:36   #181
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

PS Plus March games, available to download 2nd March.

Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4/PS5(NO free upgrade to enhanced PS5 version)
Remnant: From the Ashes PS4/PS5
Maquette: PS5
Farpoint PSVR: PS4/PS5
Also still downloadable this month: Destruction AllStars: PS5

Attached Images
File Type: png 50980983432_3702d26c21_o.png (986.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 28-02-2021, 18:52   #182
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Some great games there.

Glad I held off on FF7 Remake.

Have been adding the PS5 games to my library so they are there when I eventually upgrade.

4K oled is first on my purchase list. My 40th coming up so hoping I'll have plenty to get the LG 55inch CX oled.
Old 28-02-2021, 19:10   #183
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Some great games there.

Glad I held off on FF7 Remake.

Have been adding the PS5 games to my library so they are there when I eventually upgrade.

4K oled is first on my purchase list. My 40th coming up so hoping I'll have plenty to get the LG 55inch CX oled.
Yes the LG C9 or CX are the go to TVs, if i was buying one though i would have to take the CX 48in, my only worry is they do suffer from burn in so not sure i would want to take the risk and just stick to the latest LCD technology whatever that is.

Anyway my 49KS9000 would need to die before any of that happens.
Old 28-02-2021, 19:26   #184
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

My son has finally got his hands on the PS5 he’s been wanting for months. He paid over the odds from an eBay seller which makes my blood boil but it’s his wages and I guess he can afford it while he has no mortgage or other bills, though I dislike rewarding vultures.

Anyway, my question: the box is really noisy at certain times when the unit is working hard. He says there’s a fix detailed on the Sony website that involves opening the casing and removing a sticker from the HDD enclosure. Is this true, and is the procedure recommended and worth the effort?

Thank you hive mind
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2021, 19:34   #185
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes the LG C9 or CX are the go to TVs, if i was buying one though i would have to take the CX 48in, my only worry is they do suffer from burn in so not sure i would want to take the risk and just stick to the latest LCD technology whatever that is.

Anyway my 49KS9000 would need to die before any of that happens.
Thing is the 48 is currently about the same price as the 55. Lol. It takes years for that to happen though.
Old 28-02-2021, 23:35   #186
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Thing is the 48 is currently about the same price as the 55. Lol. It takes years for that to happen though.
I don't have room for anything large than a 49 which is in the corner, it sucks the 48 is never cheaper though.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My son has finally got his hands on the PS5 he’s been wanting for months. He paid over the odds from an eBay seller which makes my blood boil but it’s his wages and I guess he can afford it while he has no mortgage or other bills, though I dislike rewarding vultures.

Anyway, my question: the box is really noisy at certain times when the unit is working hard. He says there’s a fix detailed on the Sony website that involves opening the casing and removing a sticker from the HDD enclosure. Is this true, and is the procedure recommended and worth the effort?

Thank you hive mind
I've read 1 person had this issue and they found a sticker was the cause, but on the fan.

Btw the PS5 doesn't have an HDD it's an NVMe which is part of the motherboard.

I can't recommend a fix as mines completely silent so haven't looked into it.
Old 28-02-2021, 23:55   #187
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Ah thanks, I’ll let him know. He’s now saying it’s only noisy on boot from cold and removing it from the hollow wooden tv cabinet he put it in is now amplifying the sound a lot less. So hopefully we won’t be needing to take a screwdriver to it ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 18:52   #188
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Ratchet and Clank is now FREE - No PS+ subscription required.
Old 17-03-2021, 21:28   #189
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Free to Keep: Play at Home 2021 starting March 25th

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition: From April 19th (limited time)
Abzû
Enter the Gungeon
Rez Infinite
Subnautica
The Witness
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Moss
Thumper
Paper Beast
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03...d-this-spring/

Attached Images
File Type: png 16x9_ALL.png (497.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpeg cfp1c3QENHakdjuf424Yt6hVn_mmFbOV-M8rITUoVj8_350x200_1x-0.jpeg (43.7 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by SnoopZ; 17-03-2021 at 21:33.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 21:31   #190
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Some great free games there. Even some top VR games too.
Old 17-03-2021, 21:35   #191
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Some great free games there. Even some top VR games too.
Horizon Zero Dawn is a must for sure.
Old 17-03-2021, 22:02   #192
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Got Horizon already but on my US account.
Old 17-03-2021, 22:16   #193
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Got Horizon already but on my US account.
Yes me too on my US account and platinumed it.
Old 25-03-2021, 14:06   #194
Keyz333
cf.addict

Services: Cuckoo (BT) Broadband
Keyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via AIM to Keyz333 Send a message via MSN to Keyz333

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Horizon Zero Dawn is a must for sure.
Loved this game, need to go back and play through again. Some really nice games there - will have to take a look later!
Keyz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 11:00   #195
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is now FREE to claim on the store until 15th May, this is a fantastic game.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 20-04-2021 at 11:05.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote