Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Packet Loss All Over The Place!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Packet Loss All Over The Place!

Old 05-08-2020, 22:30   #1
Wiggz
cf.addict

Wiggz is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Packet Loss All Over The Place!

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted on here about Virgin, but their service has been a little more painful of late.

I regualrtly get people telling me my Teams calls are shocking over the last month, when previously it was flawless.

I re-enabled my ThinkBroadband monitoring and got this:

Anybody else having similar on 200Mbit plan? (CV10 area)
Wiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2020, 20:02   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Packet Loss All Over The Place!

I hate to break it to you dude but that isn't a bad graph. You defo haven't got a packet loss issue and the increase latency just tells me your connection is in use and not idol. If this is business use and you have "team on phone calls" and you are referring to voip then I suggest you put some qos in place.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 21:15   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I've seen worse graphs than that.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 21:57   #4
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

But that sort of intermittent packet loss will kill Teams calls and drop you off a VPN and will be incredibly frustrating to have to suffer with.

I'd post in the community forum and hope they can get an engineer out.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 22:17   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am not seeing any packet loss, just high latency.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote