Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless Broadband signal going on and off?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless Broadband signal going on and off?

Old 18-03-2009, 21:26   #1
Renniks
Inactive

Renniks is an unknown quantity at this point
Wireless Broadband signal going on and off?

Hi Guy's this is my first post, great site by the way

I was wondering if I could gt some help??

I have the virgin wireless manager installed on my PC, and I am using a Belkin wireless PCI card, and also have the Belkin software installed. I can connect to the network but it keeps going on and off line/timing out, and I get the error message saying there is a problem with wpa_supplicant.exe ?? I done an uninstall of the virgin wireless manager, and reset the Router by the little hole in the back but it still does the same thing. Could it be a confliction with the virgin/belkin softwares Or does it only need virgin or Belkin software not both??

Any help would be great Guys!!

Cheers,

Renniks.
Renniks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2009, 21:30   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Wireless Broadband signal going on and off??

Remove the Virgin software as it may be conflicting with the Belkin software.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 21:34   #3
Renniks
Inactive

Thanks Moldova for your quick response. Should I uninstall the software and just use the Belkin software to connect??
Old 18-03-2009, 21:40   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Yes right click and exit the Virgin software in your system tray by the clock and go to Control panel and in XP go to Add/Remove programs and in Vista go to Programs and Features and uninstall the Virgin Wireless Manager.
Old 18-03-2009, 22:12   #5
Renniks
Inactive

Thanks again, Will I then have to go to routerlogin.net and create a password and go into the Belkin software to connect via my password??
Old 18-03-2009, 22:27   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renniks View Post
Thanks again, Will I then have to go to routerlogin.net and create a password and go into the Belkin software to connect via my password??
That depends how you originally set up your belkin router, you may be best just starting from scratch.

Here is the Belkin support website in case you need details on setting up your connection.

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/
Old 18-03-2009, 22:41   #7
Renniks
Inactive

Hi Moldova thanks again, It is a netgear router that I got from Virgin, my wireless PCI Card is Belkin. What I'm asking is should I try just using the Belkin software to connect??

Thanks,

Oh P.S. what would be the way to do it if I do it from scratch?

Renniks.
Old 18-03-2009, 22:49   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Try this if using the Virgin router.

Quick router set up for the V9

connect your laptop direct to the router in port 1to 4>open internet explorer>in the address bar put http://192.168.1.1/ when the login screen appears put in the username : virgin and the passphrase : password> the Netgear router page will now appear, down the left side click on Wireless settings>now name your network, something you remember and replace the passphrase with a new one at least 8 characters long and click apply, wait for it to finish updating and close the page.

disconnect cable from laptop and router, ensure inbuilt wireless switched on, go to system tray and look for connect to a network icon ( not the virgin icon ) click it and find your network name, click connect put in your passphrase and when it says connected open a browser page and you should be connected.
Old 20-03-2009, 13:23   #9
Renniks
Inactive

Thanks Moldova, appreciated indeed.

I am going to do the set up you've given me above tonight, and I will report back with how it goes, cheers again,
Old 21-03-2009, 23:15   #10
Renniks
Inactive

Re: Wireless Broadband signal going on and off?

Moldova, all is sorted, and I owe a big thanks to you for your help, totally appreciated indeed
Old 22-03-2009, 09:04   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renniks View Post
Moldova, all is sorted, and I owe a big thanks to you for your help, totally appreciated indeed
Nice one glad to see you got it sorted.[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 22-03-2009, 17:41   #12
Renniks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Nice one glad to see you got it sorted.
Nice 1, Cheers fella.