Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

Old 11-08-2019, 22:30   #31
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I wanted to TJ Hooker from the start (I did watch some of it on Sky One in the early '90s)

I do not know about the other shows.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Charlie’s Angels and Starsky & Hutch is also starting on True Entertainment on August 24th.
Those two were on that press release too. They've either moved up the launch date for the Sony Channel rebrand or they don't care if they coincide.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2019, 14:39   #32
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I saw a trailer for Millionaire on True Entertainment the other day and it said True Entertainment and a before-rebrand date. So I guess Sony don't care if the new lineup coincides with the rebrand. Odd strategy if you ask me. :-)
Old 14-08-2019, 15:00   #33
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Not seen any trailer for Millionaire on True Entertainment.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 14:30   #34
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Look like BBC FOUR in Scotland is set to move again to Freeview Channel 72.

NOTE: BBC FOUR (Scotland) is on Channel 75 but Your TV has left Channel 72.
Old 15-10-2019, 16:30   #35
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Look like BBC FOUR in Scotland is set to move again to Freeview Channel 72.

NOTE: BBC FOUR (Scotland) is on Channel 75 but Your TV has left Channel 72.
Weird. Given Sony never managed to do anything with 68/69 in the 12 weeks they are allowed following the True Crime/+1 closure I'd have thought BBC4 (in Scotland) would've waited and gotten an even lower number rather than mess viewers about more than necessary.

BBC4 needs as good a position in Scotland as possible so that when the enforced OFCOM position, of being in the Top 24, comes into effect in early 2021 it will soften the blow for whatever channel it swaps with. The OFCOM paper, at a glance, seems to think these changes will mean lots of channels moving down by one, but a swap is more practical as it inconveniences one channel rather than a great many. Given it's a +1 and the BBC hosts More4+1 for it on the HD PSB mux I think Channel 4+1 SD is the most obvious candidate to move for BBC4 to enforce the OFCOM PSB EPG slot decision.
Old 15-10-2019, 16:58   #36
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Weird. Given Sony never managed to do anything with 68/69 in the 12 weeks they are allowed following the True Crime/+1 closure I'd have thought BBC4 (in Scotland) would've waited and gotten an even lower number rather than mess viewers about more than necessary.

BBC4 needs as good a position in Scotland as possible so that when the enforced OFCOM position, of being in the Top 24, comes into effect in early 2021 it will soften the blow for whatever channel it swaps with. The OFCOM paper, at a glance, seems to think these changes will mean lots of channels moving down by one, but a swap is more practical as it inconveniences one channel rather than a great many. Given it's a +1 and the BBC hosts More4+1 for it on the HD PSB mux I think Channel 4+1 SD is the most obvious candidate to move for BBC4 to enforce the OFCOM PSB EPG slot decision.
I did not know channel 68 was free.

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

BBC FOUR was giving "the highest ranking channel number that's currently available on Freeview on a UK-wide basis" of channel 82 in February 2019 when BBC Scotland was launch.

Then moved to Channel 75 in August.

RXTV is reporting that Channel 69 has been free since October 1st..

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 15-10-2019 at 17:03.
Old 15-10-2019, 18:24   #37
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

68 and 69 are now "free" on Digital UK site. The end of September was the end of Sony's 12 week inactivity allowance for the numbers. http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings

In other Freeview news, the Temporary multiplexes in one part of Yorkshire/Lincolnshire are clearly shutting down (700Mhz clearance reasons again) as PBS America is apologising in a tweet today. https://twitter.com/PBSAmerica/statu...65380643491840

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

I just looked at my Freeview recorder, it has a BBC4 information screen saying it's moved to 68. Guess they noticed after all. :-)
Old 15-10-2019, 21:05   #38
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
I just looked at my Freeview recorder, it has a BBC4 information screen saying it's moved to 68. Guess they noticed after all. :-)
Thanks for confirm.

I did not see your post until after 7pm.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 15-10-2019 at 21:16.
Old 17-10-2019, 12:51   #39
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of yesterday when I last saw Freeview BBC Four is still on Channel 75 in Scotland.
Old 17-10-2019, 13:50   #40
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
As of yesterday when I last saw Freeview BBC Four is still on Channel 75 in Scotland.
I'm aware of that. The information slate was there though. My box now says Channel Not in Service when I select BBC Four Moved channel from EPG now. I did take a photo though. I wasn't imagining it.

Old 17-10-2019, 14:29   #41
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
I'm aware of that. The information slate was there though. My box now says Channel Not in Service when I select BBC Four Moved channel from EPG now. I did take a photo though. I wasn't imagining it.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
I believe you, thanks for the info it may happen sometime next week.
Old 29-10-2019, 11:18   #42
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

CBS Drama is going full-time on Freeview from November 1st according to RXTVlog.
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/10/cbs-...-freeview.html

I believe this leaves one of the Sony-vacated channels left to fill. At time of writing this I don't know who CBS Drama currently timeshares with so not sure if they are likely to fill the CBS Drama vacated space... assuming it's not them that's disappearing to leave CBS the space. In which case a former-Sony dpace isn't being used.

I'll look into this.
Old 29-10-2019, 13:56   #43
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

I can't get Beeb 4 HD anymore. I suspect either lowering the power it's transmitted at ?? and / or only having a loft aerial. Not worth getting a wideband rooftop aerial just for one channel but really annoying nevertheless.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 16:29   #44
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I can't get Beeb 4 HD anymore. I suspect either lowering the power it's transmitted at ?? and / or only having a loft aerial. Not worth getting a wideband rooftop aerial just for one channel but really annoying nevertheless.
Neither, I think. It'll probably be because of 5G. The Temporary HD Multiplexes COM7 and COM8, one of which BBC4 HD is carried on, are in the the part of the Spectrum being cleared for mobile services. Those multiplexes already had limited coverage, but it is being cut even further due to this.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance
Old 29-10-2019, 17:20   #45
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Neither, I think. It'll probably be because of 5G. The Temporary HD Multiplexes COM7 and COM8, one of which BBC4 HD is carried on, are in the the part of the Spectrum being cleared for mobile services. Those multiplexes already had limited coverage, but it is being cut even further due to this.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance

Thanks for the link explaining it so thoroughly. I have four tv's, strangely one of which still seems to be able to receive BBC4 HD but only very intermittently (took about half a dozen retune attempts to find the channel), so far I can view it only when it's very rainy i.e. low pressure.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote