Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anorexia

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Anorexia

Old 04-03-2019, 11:29   #46
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Anorexia

That’s good - here’s hoping.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2019, 15:01   #47
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

She's had a tough week, her "R" Ex wanted to get back together and she said she'd try and not be so possesive.

My siter an Brother in-law weren't happy, but it was her decision.

But 3 days later "R" said she'd changed her mind, my niece thinks it might have been deliberate. So now my niece has blocked her number and removed her from all her social media.

My niece is also thinking of quitting her part time job as she's not happy.

---------------------------------------

She posted the following recently on Instagram and I'd though I share it, as its powerful reading, and I'm very proud to be her uncle.

Quote:
So it’s coming towards the end of #nedaweek and just before it ends i want to spread my own awareness of eating disorders, an issue close to my heart.

Disclaimer: this is not a sob story where i aim to make people feel sorry for me. i’m not going to post a comparison between my underweight body and my now healthy body because i don’t believe this would be helpful. i just want to help anyone else who may be struggling and raise awareness.

It’s so sad how little is understood of eating disorders and the amount of stereotypes they hold. you don’t have to be underweight to have an eating disorder as anorexia does not have a “look” and that misconception is the reason as to why so many people have heir feelings invalidated and feel they are not “sick enough”. anorexia is a competitive mental illness and one of the deadliest, killing 1 in 5 sufferers. i will not be that 1 in 5. the truth is anorexia is not just simply not eating or being insanely thin. it’s missing out on so many social activities because you’re worried about the food you may have to face, it’s spending your free time calculating calories instead of living your life, it’s hating every single part of yourself in an attempt to be anyone but who you are and it’s completely losing all sense of reality as you fall deeper into a world that is so dark and scary. it is a manipulative illness and will make you believe that it knows what’s best for you, promising you a life where you are happy. but this is not true. anorexia will never bring you happiness, it is not your friend and food is not the enemy.

One of the most heartbreaking things is how common eating disorders are nowadays. we live in a world so focussed on diet culture and so full of pressures to look a certain way - we are literally taught to hate ourselves as we are. eating disorders can also arise from feelings of lack of control, but i promise that there are other ways to communicate how you feel and admit that you are not okay. eating disorders are not a choice, but recovery is and you must choose LIFE.

Please reach out to anyone you know who may be struggling. at first they will push you away and resent you for interfering as you are taking
Old 17-03-2019, 15:12   #48
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Looks like she's turned herself around nicely. All the support she received has been well worth it.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 18:29   #49
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks.

The demons are still there, and she has good days and bad days.

But she's getting there.
Old 10-08-2019, 21:36   #50
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Well a few thing have changed.

She is waiting A-level results due on my mums birthday, then in September she does her second year for law, and sociology (3rd year).

She meet a young lady who is about 30 mins from our town, and as they were talking she "R" said my uncle has a business in your town, oh yeah where. R said the company my niece worked for, my niece said I worked there, R said stop messing about, my niece said a few people and they had a laugh.

Well yesterday R passed her driving test, so this will make meeting up a bit easier.

On Tuesday she had her first driving lesson which went well.

Today she had a response back from Asda and they want her to do a 2 hour thing at 1pm next Saturday, now next Saturday we are going on holiday, so I said to her book it and well go as soon as you finish, and a week later instead of going straight home well go to the coast and have one last look around and get chips of the market.

Also she has become a vegitatian, my sister said that she is in a beeter place and if it keeps her happy she ok with it, I did ask about what to watch out for but she said a few things and that her younger brother can step up and kick her backside, with our help of course.

She is still seeing a therapist.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Asda will pay her if she get the job will pay £9.40 PH.

Last edited by Hom3r; 10-08-2019 at 21:05.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 22:02   #51
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Excellent news - really pleased for her (and you).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 23:30   #52
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Eveything is sounding positive for her which is a good thing. It's certainly looking like she has finally turned the corner and things are on the up and up.

Good news is always welcome, thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:14   #53
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Positive progress indeed Hom3r. You and the rest of your family must be very proud of your Niece and you all deserve a pat on the back for hanging in there.

Jo x
Old 11-08-2019, 15:12   #54
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Nice to hear with the support of family your niece has turned a corner with a truly positive outlook.

It could not have been an easy journey for any of you, well done for all the support you gave her and well done to your niece in facing her battle and embracing the support of her family.
Old 20-10-2019, 20:13   #55
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Major changes have happened, as from tomorrow she is going to a day stay hospital which is 9am to 5pm Monday to thursday and Fridays it 9am until 1pm.

This means see will reduce hours in her part time job in Asda, but the boss understand so she'll do Friday pm and Sunday 7am to noon.

She is obviously nervous, but it was her idea.

She will be picked up and at the hospital have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, home for tea, snack then bed.

She is trying to use Driving lessons as a distraction.

It also didn't help that 2 weeks ago her bunny died on her lap (in his box) on the way to the vets.
Old 13-11-2019, 22:15   #56
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Unhappy

Ahhh thats sad.. I will pray for her Hom3r!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 14:36   #57
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

No changes so far, but she told me about a video we should watch, which I just did.

If you know anyone who suffers then watch it.

https://radford.act.schooltv.me/news...therine-pawley
Old 22-12-2019, 15:02   #58
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

I should imagine ATM no news is good news. I see her mentioning the video as a positive step and I hope it continues.
Old 28-04-2021, 12:44   #59
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

As you may know a hellva lot has happened since my last update, her 2 years of A-levels had to go in to a 3rd year which she is just finishing.

She was looking at going to the Royal Holloway University, but she is looking at to doing her Uni online as she has spent over a year doing this thanks to Covid-19. She did have another girlfriend, but they are now called Aaron and are going to transition, but they broke up before she knew this

I don't think her nan's death has effected her weight, but she has started to lose some recently.

I'm glad I can talk to her and we can talk about stuff, she has a new girlfriend, who lives in Kent and is 2 years younger than her.

I did joke with her about her fancying older women, one being Gillian Anderson but I can't get her to watch The X-Files.

I'm mixed when it comes to her not going to uni, as I would miss her.

But staying at home, we would be able to watch her.

One thing I just remembered was that she became a vegetarian which was interesting as some of their food has higher calories.

But about a year later a friend who had been a vegetarian, said that if the animal dies anyway just eat it, so she went back to being a meat eater, but not a fan of roast pork.