Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | List of web browsers for you all

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

List of web browsers for you all

Old 11-02-2006, 18:31   #46
keithwalton
Inactive

keithwalton has reached the bronze age
keithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze age
Re: List of web browsers for you all

he means msn...

anyhoo you're missing one of the best browsers going!
Sea Monkey.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Its an evolution of the full mozilla suite, with all functionality there and less bloat.
It also has a very handy feature of having an auto systray function which allows it to stay partially in memory for quick launching.

Netscape 8.1 is also very good, it should be noted that there is a vast difference between netscape upto version 7.x and 8.x onwards
keithwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2006, 18:35   #47
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
he means msn...
I thought he meant msn - but he's said msm twice now. Surely it can't be his chosen browser if he doesn't even know what it's called
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 19:37   #48
toom
Permanently Banned

toom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I thought he meant msn - but he's said msm twice now. Surely it can't be his chosen browser if he doesn't even know what it's called
I might be a bit dislectik lol!! but it is a good browser, if not a bit too borderish.
toom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 19:46   #49
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by toom
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I might be a bit dislectik lol!! but it is a good browser, if not a bit too borderish.
IMHO its not, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 21:41   #50
patrickp
Inactive

patrickp has reached the bronze age
patrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze age

Just had a look through the MSN browser 'features.' It would appear the only thing it has to offer is integrated MSN services. TBH, looks like a kiddies & n00bs browser to me.
patrickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 21:46   #51
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

I Thought this was a sticky info thread, not a mine is better than yours one,
But i may be wrong
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 22:04   #52
patrickp
Inactive

patrickp has reached the bronze age
patrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze age

Think you're right there, Marky!
patrickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:47   #53
toom
Permanently Banned

toom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickp
Think you're right there, Marky!
please tell me why people are turning to ff, it is of no use to me without the support of DAP.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:32   #54
keithwalton
Inactive

keithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze age

more secure, tabbed browsing, faster, more customizable (addons / themes / extensions), rss support, follows web standards to the letter, less bloaty. Are just some of the starters, pretty much everyone i know thats tried firefox has thanked me for the tip and stuck with it.
As for DAP, i've just checked there website and version 8 supports moz' and firefox
Old 12-02-2006, 14:04   #55
toom
Permanently Banned

Quote:
more secure, tabbed browsing, faster, more customizable (addons / themes / extensions), rss support, follows web standards to the letter, less bloaty. Are just some of the starters, pretty much everyone i know thats tried firefox has thanked me for the tip and stuck with it.
As for DAP, i've just checked there website and version 8 supports moz' and firefox
I've down loaded the latest version of DAP and I tried it in FF, but it is still not in the right click. Yes, ive restarted my comp.
Old 14-02-2006, 15:28   #56
toom
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I was recommended by a FF lover to download a dl manager extention. I did this last week but I kept being prompted to download spyfalcon which is by modzilla, I assumed this was a part of it. Anyway as soon as I did this I started getting popups and waring bubbles from my tool bar saying that I have been infected with spyware and I am to download and (register) the most effcient removal program.

Now it's saying that if I do not do somthing about it soon my machine will be corrupt and damaged. All I can say is MODZILLA IS A PILE OF **** and anybody that recomends it does not know what they are on about, oh and dap 8 is not compatable with FF, another lie. All I can say is KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE DISHING OUT ADVISE.

I have now uninstalled FF and im doing my best to uninstall spyfalcon, it keeps coming back all the time when I try to get rid of it. All I can say is I wish I stuck with my own instincts and stayed away from that modzilla rubbish. And yes, I got it through a link on this board. I AM ANGRY AND I MAY HAVE TO REINSTALL WINDOWS.
Old 14-02-2006, 22:01   #57
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

http://www.speedbit.com/

DAP 8 is- according to their own website- compatible with firefox, so perhaps before you accuse forum members of lying you should check that you know what you are talking about.

Oh and Spyfalcon is not a Mozilla program- a little research before you installed the software would have told you this.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2006, 22:06   #58
toom
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W
http://www.speedbit.com/

DAP 8 is- according to their own website- compatible with firefox, so perhaps before you accuse forum members of lying you should check that you know what you are talking about.

Oh and Spyfalcon is not a Mozilla program- a little research before you installed the software would have told you this.
Well it was still through the link of a FF application.
Old 14-02-2006, 22:12   #59
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by toom
Well it was still through the link of a FF application.
ahh firefox must be evil then. Because of course there are no toolbars for IE that are bundled with spyware... oh apart from the 18 listed here as parasites. And then of course there are the numerous BHOs... but then i suppose if you install one of those it serves you right. But of course, as you downloaded someone containing spyware which was associated with firefox, that is Mozilla's fault and therefore Firefox is evil. Ah huh. I see the logic there.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2006, 22:39   #60
keithwalton
Inactive

You're less likely to pick somthing up under firefox but it is still possible and should not be taken for granted that its 100% safe. Nothing truely is.
If you google for your known problem with the word remove, with it your bound to find how to get rid of it for good

http://www.infopackets.com/channels/...structions.htm

thats the first result though i dont know the source so dont trust it as gospel