Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2020

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2020
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 10:04   #1006
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
All folk want to do here is deny Trump his right to question the absolute claims of cheating that appear to have been going on here.
My problem is Trump questioning it to create uncertainty around the result without proving it. That's why I think he should be doing this in the courts and not on Twitter/media.
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2020, 10:09   #1007
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, it's a ruling that covers what they were already doing

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=7c7400ec3026
Nope, it’s a second order, they can no longer be counted towards voter tally.

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
My problem is Trump questioning it to create uncertainty around the result without proving it. That's why I think he should be doing this in the courts and not on Twitter/media.
There is plenty of proof, plenty of Americans complaining of voting irregularities.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:11   #1008
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Absolute rubbish Den. I have no political agenda, and FYI, they are not my Republicans, I just don’t trust the Democrats, given their cheating efforts in 2016 as well when they paid for the Fake Russian dossier. I do have issues of cheating, you want fair elections Den?

All folk want to do here is deny Trump his right to question the absolute claims of cheating that appear to have been going on here.
l have always wanted fair elections Mick as that is what democratic democracy should be as l think Donald Trumps claims of cheating are baseless and unsubstantiated and are more to do with him being a very sore loser but alas he is not the first sore loser in US elections l will grant you that.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:14   #1009
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
There is plenty of proof, plenty of Americans complaining of voting irregularities.
Ok then we let it play out in the courts.

Same with the recounts. I don't see why everyone is so worried about this process. America is a functioning democracy, not a banana republic. If the Democrats have engaged in mass-scale voting fraud then they'll be found out (I don't know if there is another election or what the US does in that case) and if not then at least people can have confidence in their process.

I am sure there will be individual cases of bad ballots and fraud just as there always is and in those cases weaknesses will be identified and fixed and any criminality will see people in prison.

Although one thing I think everyone will agree on is they need to sort out this counting situation. Entering day 4 now! I can't believe we've come to this but they should all copy Florida.

Last edited by Damien; 07-11-2020 at 10:17.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:17   #1010
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Nope, it’s a second order, they can no longer be counted towards voter tally.
Yes, to formally confirm compliance with an existing direction from the 28th, not an order for a new behavior

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27N030

Quote:
(Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito on Friday night ordered county election boards in Pennsylvania to comply with a state directive to separate mail-in ballots received after 8 p.m. on Election Day from other ballots.
In its request on Friday, the Republican Party of Pennsylvania said it was unclear whether all 67 county election boards were complying with Secretary of the Commonwealth Kathy Boockvar’s Oct. 28 directive to separate late-arriving ballots. Late-arriving ballots are a tiny proportion of the overall vote in the state, Boockvar has said.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:17   #1011
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have always wanted fair elections Mick as that is what democratic democracy should be as l think Donald Trumps claims of cheating are baseless and unsubstantiated and are more to do with him being a very sore loser but alas he is not the first sore loser in US elections l will grant you that.
You only like democracy when it's a candidate you favour,is that what your trying to say here? democracy is for the people and that is why this should be scrutinised by the courts, for the people's and for democracy's sake.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:22   #1012
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
You only like democracy when it's a candidate you favour,is that what your trying to say here? democracy is for the people and that is why this should be scrutinised by the courts, for the people's and for democracy's sake.
What a load of unmitigated bollocks as usual as one thing l have always done is accept the results of democratic democracy whoever wins....
Old 07-11-2020, 10:32   #1013
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What a load of unmitigated bollocks as usual as one thing l have always done is accept the results of democratic democracy whoever wins....
Democracy is democracy, but cheating in a democracy isn’t. We had plenty of that by your side, after Brexit vote, not you specifically Den.

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, to formally confirm compliance with an existing direction from the 28th, not an order for a new behavior

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27N030
Exactly, so It’s a second order.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:39   #1014
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Democracy is democracy, but cheating in a democracy isn’t. We had plenty of that by your side, after Brexit vote, not you specifically Den.
They should have accepted that it was the result of a democratic mandate even although it was not the result l personally wanted.

Once one does not accept democratic democracy then its a slippery road downhill from there.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:40   #1015
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Someone cheated? Is there any evidence?
Old 07-11-2020, 10:41   #1016
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

The counters better not be taking the weekend off.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:43   #1017
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Ok then we let it play out in the courts.

Same with the recounts. I don't see why everyone is so worried about this process. America is a functioning democracy, not a banana republic. If the Democrats have engaged in mass-scale voting fraud then they'll be found out (I don't know if there is another election or what the US does in that case) and if not then at least people can have confidence in their process.

I am sure there will be individual cases of bad ballots and fraud just as there always is and in those cases weaknesses will be identified and fixed and any criminality will see people in prison.

Although one thing I think everyone will agree on is they need to sort out this counting situation. Entering day 4 now! I can't believe we've come to this but they should all copy Florida.
U.S is becoming a Banana Republic, did you see the disgusting tweet by AOC, the congresswoman, demanding all Trump backers and supporters be placed on a political list, these folk be treated with disdain, sneered at, so it hampers them when it comes to getting jobs, I mean the Democrats are rotten to the core anyway but do you condone this Communist approach, rounding up the folly, by a Democrat congresswoman, AOC?
Old 07-11-2020, 10:51   #1018
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
U.S is becoming a Banana Republic, did you see the disgusting tweet by AOC, the congresswoman, demanding all Trump backers and supporters be placed on a political list, these folk be treated with disdain, sneered at, so it hampers them when it comes to getting jobs, I mean the Democrats are rotten to the core anyway but do you condone this Communist approach, rounding up the folly, by a Democrat congresswoman, AOC?
I don't think the US is becoming a Banana Republic. The very fact the most powerful person in the world is powerless to stop this count and this election unless he avails himself of the proper legal process is evidence of that.

I did see that tweet from AOC and think given the connotations she would be wise to be careful about that kind of thing.

This is what she said:

Quote:
Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future? I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future
It certainly doesn't help lower the anger level in the States right now.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:59   #1019
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Apparently it’s a joke when Trump says it at a rally....

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...es/3702995001/

Quote:
"Lock 'em all up," Trump said during a rally Saturday in Muskegon, Michigan, "
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 07-11-2020 at 12:45.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:02   #1020
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's poor PR for Western democracy to see the election results challenged in such a sordid manner. Putin, Xi Jinping, Alexander Lukashenko must be particuarly happy to hear of Trump's legal actions.

it's also creating a chasm between the Trump family and the Republican Party. If Ivanka hoped to run for President then Trump's killed this ambition off for many years...but knowing the average age of US presidents, this may not be an issue!
Nah. It's bog standard for Trump's USA. It wouldn't happen in this sordid manner in Russia or China.

No quarrel with the rest of your analysis.

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread