Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 13-06-2019, 12:48   #3406
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It’s not about caring, cannot care about negative rubbish, created to install fear. It does not work with me. The way you carry on and on about baseless information, because that’s all it is, is tiresome ianch99. There is no reason information about negative crap put forward by Remainers because they think we cannot survive outside a corrupt organisation. We can and we will. That is what was voted for.
I know you do not care about the consequences of a No Deal, that is the point I made.
Old 13-06-2019, 12:49   #3407
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Presumably Turkey worked towards getting the status it has and, you know, made preparations in the months and years prior?

Since 2016 we’ve went from the easiest negotiation in human history to Theresa’s deal to potentially no deal? Where’s our preparation?
Old 13-06-2019, 12:49   #3408
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
post 35998909
Thank you. Your indifference to the effects of No Deal on your fellow citizens says it all.
Old 13-06-2019, 12:54   #3409
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Thank you. Your indifference to the effects of No Deal on your fellow citizens says it all.
Any time mate, it's a pleasure to help in any way i can.
Old 13-06-2019, 13:18   #3410
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Awkward?

They won't let us have all the benefits of being in the EEA or other negotiated treaties, without agreeing to the terms that other countries have agreed - awkward bleeders, aren't they?
Agreed? Or caved in to the EUs demands.
Old 13-06-2019, 13:29   #3411
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Best thing we ever did not joining it. The EU does not provide any benefits, they don’t spend their money, because it’s ours on us. They don’t do jack shit for us, only mock us and we do not need to be in their ugly corrupt club to do trade with them.
Really? No benefits whatsoever? Not even free mobile phone roaming?

I can understand on balance not wanting to be in the EU even if I disagree but that's on balance. To say there's no benefit whatsoever is surprising
Old 13-06-2019, 13:42   #3412
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Really? No benefits whatsoever? Not even free mobile phone roaming?

I can understand on balance not wanting to be in the EU even if I disagree but that's on balance. To say there's no benefit whatsoever is surprising
Now we see why you want to remain,pokemon on holiday in Benidorm.
Old 13-06-2019, 14:45   #3413
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Awkward?

They won't let us have all the benefits of being in the EEA or other negotiated treaties, without agreeing to the terms that other countries have agreed - awkward bleeders, aren't they?
They'll demand the 39 billion as the price for any association. They've already said that'll be part of the price for a trade deal.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 13-06-2019, 15:15   #3414
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Now we see why you want to remain,pokemon on holiday in Benidorm.
I didn't say it was a big benefit but is still a benefit.

Mind you, my average monthly work mobile bill went from around £60 a month to £25. My company has around 75,000 employees across the EU so it adds up...
Old 13-06-2019, 15:58   #3415
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
My company has around 75,000 employees across the EU so it adds up...

. . . are you an Uber Driver?
Old 13-06-2019, 16:00   #3416
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
. . . are you an Uber Driver?
If he was he wouldn't be an employee
Old 13-06-2019, 16:10   #3417
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I didn't say it was a big benefit but is still a benefit.

Mind you, my average monthly work mobile bill went from around £60 a month to £25. My company has around 75,000 employees across the EU so it adds up...
It is a big benefit, IMO. But then the Working Time Directive and the extra burden now put onto UK employers to keep the French working practices happy is an example of why we should plough our own furrow.

ANd before any of you stupidly ask if I want to see workers' rights repealed - no I don't. But I don't want an competitive advantage we have by being flexible further eroded by the EU especially under the fake guise of H&S.

Old 13-06-2019, 16:44   #3418
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
It is a big benefit, IMO. But then the Working Time Directive and the extra burden now put onto UK employers to keep the French working practices happy is an example of why we should plough our own furrow.

ANd before any of you stupidly ask if I want to see workers' rights repealed - no I don't. But I don't want an competitive advantage we have by being flexible further eroded by the EU especially under the fake guise of H&S.
This assumes we will have people willing to work these hours. If as is claimed, we have a shortage of workers, making their working hours longer is not really conducive to retaining staff. All this without the dangers of over long hours for those who drive for a living.
Old 13-06-2019, 17:06   #3419
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

In paragraph one you literally say you do want the erosion of workers’ rights.
Old 13-06-2019, 17:22   #3420
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
This assumes we will have people willing to work these hours. If as is claimed, we have a shortage of workers, making their working hours longer is not really conducive to retaining staff. All this without the dangers of over long hours for those who drive for a living.
Who said anything about working longer hour other than you? Through the opt out, we can work longer hours if we want to. It’s about sovereignty and not introducing more overheads on companies tring to compete with their European counterparts.

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
In paragraph one you literally say you do want the erosion of workers’ rights.
Literally? I think not. Ploughing our own furrow is not taking more burden from the CJEU. Why do you so blatantly misinterpret my very clear words?

Closed Thread