Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How is your taste in music influenced by that of the general public

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How is your taste in music influenced by that of the general public

Old 18-07-2014, 07:42   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
If ya love an album and discover it has been heavily cut down does it alter your view and your pleasure in listening to that album or do ya continue to love it despite the lack of appreciation from others?

I dont give a rats tail WHAT ANYONE THINKS!!!!!!

I thankfully have my OWN MIND and I really could care less!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2014, 07:45   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: How is your taste in music influenced by that of the general public

Personally l like what l like and if no one elses likes it then they don't have to listen to it but overall l like a broad church of musical genres Dude.
Old 18-07-2014, 07:56   #3
tizmeinnit

what do you mean heavily cut down?
Old 18-07-2014, 09:39   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
what do you mean heavily cut down?
I think he means it doesn't get air time on certain radio stations and web sites and hence gets less promotion to the public..and less money..
Old 18-07-2014, 09:42   #5
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I think he means it doesn't get air time on certain radio stations and web sites and hence gets less promotion to the public..and less money..
oic thanks
Old 18-07-2014, 09:45   #6
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Seems like a silly question to me. It's not as though i'm going to rush out and check polls and opinions after hearing something before deciding whether i like it or not.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 13:26   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Seems like a silly question to me. It's not as though i'm going to rush out and check polls and opinions after hearing something before deciding whether i like it or not.
You have to hear it first..that's the point.
Old 18-07-2014, 13:33   #8
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
You have to hear it first..that's the point.
To me his question reads as whether we'd still like a piece of music if we subsequently discover that other people don't like it.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 18:00   #9
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

As a rule: if the majority of the music buying (or stealing as is often the case) public don't like it then it's probably well worth listening to

Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 20:38   #10
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Hehe yes I have also discovered most people think crap sounds good now so uually if I see an album and someone says "Bad production,everything sounds dull" then it usually sounds excellent! (To me)

Those people are looking for thinner/digital sounding crap..... (I am very anti digital.... I like analogue on my analogue media)
Old 02-03-2021, 21:07   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Analogue doesn't always sound better. Digital mastering can actually clean up and improve sound alot. It really depends what you are using to listen to it on.
Old 02-03-2021, 22:08   #12
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Ya I suppose so Stevie,I dunno.........
Old 02-03-2021, 22:52   #13
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Definitely . Listening to anything on a set of cheap speakers or earphones will always soundterrible no matter the source.

Spend a bit more on good speakers and hifi equipment will do wonders. I have some blu Ray concerts and playing them through my amp with 5.1 DTS sounds makes you feel like you are there.so clear,vibrant and fulll. My in ear monitors are professional quality like the fitted ones you see live musicians using and they are incredible sounding.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:45   #14
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

A lot of the music I like isn't played much on media and I have some that is only on cassette or LP, never released on CD. Occasionally the artist/composer will make CD available. In some cases they clean up the sound, remaster or even rerecord but it can then miss the sound I remember from the often live event, it lacks the something special and sounds too clinical.
Old 03-03-2021, 14:38   #15
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I'm not a sheep so if I like it then I like it because I like it and not whatever anyone else thinks.

Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote