Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How do you listen to an Album?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How do you listen to an Album?

Old 25-11-2006, 00:21   #16
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Re: How do you listain to an Album?

I sample it and then listen to it backwards, hoping to hear some secret messages hidden somewhere.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2006, 00:57   #17
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

I never buy or download full albums, i'm a bit weird like that, i tend to hear a certain song on tv/advert/radio/film etc and think oooh i like that and download a couple more of that artists songs to see if i like them, that's how i got into the White Stripes, i heard a few then built up a collection so now i have all of the songs they ever released, and i never listen to them in order, some of them were recorded years ago, some recent, but i like to figure out the change for myself.

When i used to buy albums i'd be inclined to listen to the ones i knew first, follwed by the ones i heard of, then the new ones i hadn't. Then i'd listen to it all the way through as the artist intended, because i can appreciate the songs more if i've already familiarised myself with them!
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 02:08   #18
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

For a new CD, I'll listen to it from start to finish. After that, the next time i play it, I'll skip the stuff i don't like too much.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 06:24   #19
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flange View Post
For a new CD, I'll listen to it from start to finish. After that, the next time i play it, I'll skip the stuff i don't like too much.
... but then I'll probably find there's stuff I like more than the rest, I'll listen to the rest but keep repeating the stuff I do like.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 09:36   #20
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
... but then I'll probably find there's stuff I like more than the rest, I'll listen to the rest but keep repeating the stuff I do like.
Yes, but then i'll make a compilation CD with all the stuff i like.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 20:44   #21
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy
i put the disc in and press play and listen to it. Thats how the artiste intended it to be listened to.
Exactly..... I listen to a record from start to finish (Unless I dont like it)

I listen to records,cassettes and 8tracks and I always try to listen as intended..... People that get a record,etc for ONE SONG are quite narrow minded I think....
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:34   #22
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Some albums I have are mixed, or tend to blend from the last track to the next, so I listen to the album in the track order.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:06   #23
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

If it's a single artist/group usually in track order all the way through.

When the album is on the PC then tag the last track, <shift> tag the first and then play to go in track order. The smart TV will play the whole album in track order just by selecting the first track.

Compilations I chose which songs/tunes to play.
Old 03-03-2021, 16:05   #24
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

With my ears
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 16:16   #25
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: How do you listen to an Album?

Youtube Music ( have YT Premium I pay in rupees hehe )

Add Albums to my library and ask my Google Nest Hub Max to play them, also have a barrow load of playlists I can ask for by name

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

14+ year old thread and the title has not been spell checked yet. That made me giggle
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 20:42   #26
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Yes I dunno how such a mistake was made.... A isnt anywhere near I

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB
With my ears
Thats probably the best way!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:54   #27
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Exactly..... I listen to a record from start to finish (Unless I dont like it)

I listen to records,cassettes and 8tracks and I always try to listen as intended..... People that get a record,etc for ONE SONG are quite narrow minded I think....

Wow! Talk about thread resurection! 2006

I think I'm streaming a lot more these days, and more multi room speakers.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote