Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:14   #631
beardsley
Inactive

beardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enoughbeardsley will become famous soon enough
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janusian
Postcode checker is working again now

http://www.ntl.com/home/internet/upgrade/checker.asp

Unfortunately Fleet not due to be done until October
Fleet was done last night (or at least mine was).
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2004, 12:16   #632
td444
Inactive

td444 is on a distinguished roadtd444 is on a distinguished road

Clearly the new traffic load is taking its toll on the routing platform - some reason some of my traffic is going to Manchester then London :S

I'm wayyyy too fussy...
Old 02-08-2004, 12:16   #633
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

anyone in the bracknell area have any luck?

*When is the speed upgrade happening in my area?

Your service is due to be upgraded during the month of October.*

bah
Old 02-08-2004, 12:17   #634
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Nothing changed here 'til I rebooted my modem.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:24   #635
McMav
Inactive

McMav is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES
anyone in the bracknell area have any luck?

*When is the speed upgrade happening in my area?

Your service is due to be upgraded during the month of October.*

bah
Ha thats nothing try November here.

Useless asswipes. Already months behind BY and when they ddo start to release it their networks still aint up to it.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:26   #636
mcmanic
cf.addict

mcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about them

speed increase here ,1meg to 1.5meg

but averages out at 1.41Mbps/180.6KBps

sussex

didn't have to reboot either
standalone cable
Old 02-08-2004, 12:36   #637
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMav
Ha thats nothing try November here.

Useless asswipes. Already months behind BY and when they ddo start to release it their networks still aint up to it.

??????????? They've got 1.2m services to upgrade - FOR FREE no less. I don't see why you feel the need to call them asswipes because of that??
Old 02-08-2004, 12:39   #638
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
hi and to the site qasdfdsaq , show us it without the ' These results appear to be rather fast: maybe this page was in the browser cache. ' line then , not that i dont believe you or anything
If it were cached, it would take 0ms not 12ms... Something called University LAN and a pretty fat pipe... I really should try online gaming here, pings to jolt and bbc come out at around 3.8ms avg

Why oh why cant we get 100mbit/s cable modems?
Old 02-08-2004, 12:41   #639
td444
Inactive

td444 is on a distinguished roadtd444 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
If it were cached, it would take 0ms not 12ms... Something called University LAN and a pretty fat pipe... I really should try online gaming here, pings to jolt and bbc come out at around 3.8ms avg

Why oh why cant we get 100mbit/s cable modems?
Because HFC (hybrid fibre coax systems) are in place - which seriously dont have enough bandwidth for that sort of speeds.

The only time we'll see speeds like that is when Fibre To The Door + Cisco DWDM + Cheaper overall transit costs come into the equation.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:42   #640
McMav
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
??????????? They've got 1.2m services to upgrade - FOR FREE no less. I don't see why you feel the need to call them asswipes because of that??
Yup They have supposedly been upgrading infrastructure since by said they were upgrading their users. NTL are already months behind BY and now I have another 4 months to wait. so if I wanna call them asswipes I will.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:43   #641
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yup They have supposedly been upgrading infrastructure since by said they were upgrading their users. NTL are already months behind BY and now I have another 4 months to wait. so if I wanna call them asswipes I will.

You win - I cannot compete with your level of intelligence and rationale....
Old 02-08-2004, 12:46   #642
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Two things:

1) You are assuming the postcode checker is correct, which, in a lot of cases, it doesn't seem to be..

2) Do you KNOW that Telewest have upgraded all their customer connections? And, how long it took? I shouldn't think for a second that they did it all in one go.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:48   #643
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Do note that NTL says upgrades will be starting in August... I dont see how anyone can upgrade 1,200,000 users in 24 hours! Plus, compare BT upgrading their exchanges to enable DSL...
Old 02-08-2004, 12:50   #644
McMav
Inactive

From what I read BY increased users the day they announced the increase ie they were ready to do the increase b4 announcing it. I accept that have less subscribers than ntl but they were smart and had the structure in place b4 upgrading.

Perhaps ntl should have had a similar approach. Have the structure in place for all users and implement it at once rather than this bitty release.

Well seeing the August release was only semi correct when they announced it. Thought advertising it as a free upgrade and you might get it in august or you might have to wait for another 3-4 months wouldnt have looked as good.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:52   #645
McMav
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
Do note that NTL says upgrades will be starting in August... I dont see how anyone can upgrade 1,200,000 users in 24 hours! Plus, compare BT upgrading their exchanges to enable DSL...
ok agreed maybe not in 24 hours but 4 months come on thats taking the mikey. Lets face it they only have to send a config file down the line to your modem.
Closed Thread