Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 09:24   #586
gooner4life
cf.geek

Services: SkyQ 2TB - Multiroom x3, VM 350Mb cable broadband.
gooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpack
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It
only they havent, NTL have done what people HERE have told us, not them, and thats the point, they havent acknoledged that they were upgrading now, and now Im in the lurch cause I havent been upgraded, I shouldnt have to (And havent got the time to) wait on hold to NTL TS to ask why my area hasnt been upgraded, and probably just to get a dodgy response, NTL, please, just throw me a ball here, please?
They have said not all area's will get done at the same time, its a 'FREE' Upgrade just be patient.
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2004, 09:26   #587
toytown
Inactive

toytown is an unknown quantity at this point

YAY!

Can confirm that Rugeley (Lichfield area) is now upgraded.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:30   #588
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner4life
They have said not all area's will get done at the same time, its a 'FREE' Upgrade just be patient.
They? NTL? where? Point proved, if ntl actually informed of what areas are being done and when, I wouldnt need to be so annoyed, but they havent, its so easy to hide behind that defence, but as NTL hasnt released ANY information about this upgrade, what else can I do, all that NTL needed to do is put on their status page "On 2nd august we will be upgrading the following areas, bla bla, .... " and I at least I would have known.
On a subnote, anyone get commincated to from NTL in any form before this? (As stated in the press release back in April?)
Old 02-08-2004, 09:30   #589
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Glasgow seems to have not had it yet.

Although maybe because I have not rebooted modem yet.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:35   #590
ppolo99
cf.member

Services: 10mbit ntl:
ppolo99 is an unknown quantity at this point

wirrall has been done it didnt reboot my modem, i had to do it, works perfect
Old 02-08-2004, 09:36   #591
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Im not at home but matrix has eased my fear's, have to agree with the earlier post those who havent had the upgrade need to be given an estimated date and ntl need to inform all their customers whats going on else their could be hundreds of thousands with unrebooted modem's getting no upgrade.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:48   #592
Janusian
Inactive

Janusian is just really niceJanusian is just really niceJanusian is just really niceJanusian is just really niceJanusian is just really niceJanusian is just really nice

Postcode checker is working again now

http://www.ntl.com/home/internet/upgrade/checker.asp

Unfortunately Fleet not due to be done until October
Old 02-08-2004, 09:50   #593
IanGuy
Inactive

Services: V+, 2nd STB, Virgin Phone, Virgin 20mb
IanGuy is on a distinguished roadIanGuy is on a distinguished road

Cardiff is now upgraded
Old 02-08-2004, 10:00   #594
Stop It
Inactive

Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janusian

Hmm, September, Least I know now, finally :/ (Biggleswade area) *Selfish moment* Any NTL'ers tell me why this is the case? this UBR has been doing well to be fair (Low pings, high DL speeds, near 0 outages) Sods law isnt it? :'(
Old 02-08-2004, 10:02   #595
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Still broken links on it...

[drops more notes]
Old 02-08-2004, 10:03   #596
wakey
Inactive

wakey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janusian

Tells me my Farnborough Postcode wont be upgraded till September, strange thing is my speedtest results indicate i'm already upgraded as they are up around 150k on yesterday
Old 02-08-2004, 10:06   #597
Stop It
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Tells me my Farnborough Postcode wont be upgraded till September, strange thing is my speedtest results indicate i'm already upgraded as they are up around 150k on yesterday
So its wrong? (what speed are you on btw? 600k or 150? :P) Im now confused and well, annoyed, I know its selfish, but if a NTL bod could post here, (Or pm me) when Biggleswade (and the area around it) Is set to be upgraded, I will give you a kitten, im off to work now, Heres hoping :p
Old 02-08-2004, 10:06   #598
Jowep
Inactive

Jowep is an unknown quantity at this point

Upgraded!

St Neots, Cambs. Everything working fine here.

To see if you have been upgraded, check the Cable Modem itself.

To do this:

http://192.168.100.1 User: root , Pass: root

Click "Operation Configuration"

in the box you'll see some settings, if you were on NTL's 1MB (like me) and you think you've been upgraded you should see this:

Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 1536000 bps Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 256000 bps

(oops, I said STB and I ment Modem, sorry for any confussion.)

And to whoever posted the postcode tracker link thing, i get:

When is the speed upgrade happening in my area?

Your service is due to be upgraded during the month of October.

It doesn't appear to be very accurate! :/
Old 02-08-2004, 10:07   #599
trebor
Inactive

Services: DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP
trebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud of

stoke is done, I had to manually reboot though. thanks ntl.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:08   #600
LooeyUK
Inactive

LooeyUK is on a distinguished roadLooeyUK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowep
Upgraded!

St Neots, Cambs. Everything working fine here.

To see if you have been upgraded, check the STB itself.

To do this:

http://192.168.100.1 User: root , Pass: root

Click "Operation Configuration"

in the box you'll see some settings, if you were on NTL's 1MB (like me) and you think you've been upgraded you should see this:

Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 1536000 bpsMaximum Upstream Data Rate : 256000 bps

How comes that dont work for me? Im using the Samsung box
Closed Thread