Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Electronic Voice Phenomena

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Electronic Voice Phenomena

Old 26-07-2022, 14:06   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
This EVP is recording sounds and voices from supposedly other dimensions or realities.

Usually done wih tape recorders. As can be seen with these TV ghost programs,it is generally done through question-and-answer sessions.

What we need is proper full sentences so that we can document and know more of what awaits us.

Definitely something is placing words on the tape between questions and definitely something is often giving intelligent answers.

Often we cannot validate the answers but occasionally we can,so where do they come from? Are they something generated by our human mind or are they actual discarnate beings interacting with the living?

Its fascinating what a tape recorder picks up when we cant hear it with our own ears.. (Most cant)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2022, 14:57   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Electronic Voice Phenomena

My old reel-to-reel tape deck didn't always erase properly so in quiet bits or music recorded later, you could just make out previous recordings.

Is this what you are talking about?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 17:14   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

No, it's believed to be the voices of the spirits of those who have 'died' who now reside in the spirit world.

I have had proof time after time that we don't actually die when we leave this Earth and that our spirit/soul/consciousness lives on after leaving the body.

My personal belief is that it's something akin to when we can sometimes pick up radio waves from somewhere far away due to extraordinary atmospheric conditions.

Radio waves are powered by energy, as we are. Everytime we have a thought, electrical energy causes synapses in our brain.

Energy is everything, those who have crossed over even refer to God as energy when talking amongst themselves.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 27-07-2022 at 17:21. Reason: Spelling Fac ROR.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 21:10   #4
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My old reel-to-reel tape deck didn't always erase properly so in quiet bits or music recorded later, you could just make out previous recordings.

Is this what you are talking about?
When we used to use reel to reel tape recorders we always used a new tape when doing any measurement that could be contentious or end up in court or a public enquiry to avoid this very problem as it could make you look quite amateurish.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 22:03   #5
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter
No, it's believed to be the voices of the spirits of those who have 'died' who now reside in the spirit world.

I have had proof time after time that we don't actually die when we leave this Earth and that our spirit/soul/consciousness lives on after leaving the body.
A very nice reply bud!!!!

Thank you for the entry
Old 29-07-2022, 01:36   #6
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

The brain tries its hardest to turn random audio and visual things in to something we can understand. Its why we get lots of weird optical illusions for example.

My view is EVP are either interference of electromagnetic waves/other similar phenomenon/wind and some things we can't hear (different age groups have problems hearing different frequencies but recordings can change the frequency so it can be heard) and a few by people who make money from it have a high chance of being faked.

High EMF leaking has been known to cause fear and dread in people and this has been found in places where people think they have seen stuff or got cold etc but then found to be because of damaged or badly insulated equipment.

There is a lot we don't understand so I keep an open mind about man things but so far I have never seen or heard any concrete proof of anything supernatural. Despite us wanting to believe in something after death, I doubt there is. It would be great to know if we lived on as energy or reincarnated as animals as some religions believe but alas, its just been our way of dealing with the death of loved ones over millennia.

The UFO thing is a bit more interesting IMO. The chances of us being the only life in the universe is slim. The problem is more about is any intelligent life alive at the same time as us at any time and how long have they been out there and are they advanced enough to visit us. Until recently I would have put most UFO sightings down to mistakes or military aircraft. But now we have some new military footage of weird things that don't make sense unless a nation has some amazing technology and potentially learnt of new laws of physics that are unknown to everyone else.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2022, 04:59   #7
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
So much proof, that it’s been proven……….

EVP, along with all supernatural phenomena, is almost certainly bollocks.

Specifically for EVP what is in play is “pareidolia”, it’s the brain trying organise something totally random into something we can relate to. It’s why we see rabbits in clouds and the Virgin Mary in a croissant. EVP is just noise that the brain makes you think is words.

It’s like with psychics: it’s a man, beginning with G, he has a daughter with a J and he wasn’t well before he died……………………. If to be believed this spirit is contacting you from the ethereal plane, and with all this ancillary information, with a bit more effort I’m sure he could knock out a bloody name!

There’s about 1% that is truly weird and unexplainable - I much more interested in that.
Old 31-07-2022, 04:53   #8
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Ya I guess we wont ever know 101%!!
Old 31-07-2022, 13:20   #9
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
But now we have some new military footage of weird things that don't make sense unless a nation has some amazing technology and potentially learnt of new laws of physics that are unknown to everyone else.
Posting as a spoiler as its not related to the original post but a follow on from something I posted.

Spoiler: 
Weirdly, a few days since posting this, an engineer who has worked on the optics and tracking systems similar to what captured the gimble/tic tac ufo's videos the US navy recently released explained how mirrors/optics at different angles are used and that software is used to correct things as it moves.

He feels 100% sure its dust between one section of this system that is off-centre, causing the system to track it and when the 'ufo' changes angles its the software correcting the picture as it happens when the plane changes angle itself.

Technically with the optics system, if you calculate all the angles (considering its also rotating on a moving gimble) you can determine that motion of either elevation or azimuth stages will rotate/roll the image around the view axis, so software is used to unroll it and give a stable view as the platform turns.

Another interesting bit, when they say it was picked up on multiple radar systems on multiple ships....often all the ships share a single radar signal given to them from an array of radars, so its not that each radar has its own individual sensors + radar, its like one source transmitting the same picture to them all.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2022, 13:52   #10
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
The brain tries its hardest to turn random audio and visual things in to something we can understand. Its why we get lots of weird optical illusions for example.
the resonance of my bedroom fan is often translated by my brain into voices. I can definitely hear a voice but it makes no sense
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote