Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2020/2021 season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

2020/2021 season

Old 11-10-2020, 15:21   #91
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: 2020/2021 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sadly money talks in football.
So true,so true. What the big clubs don't seem to realise is this gravey train will one day be detailed and then they'll need all the other clubs again.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2020, 16:08   #92
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
So true,so true. What the big clubs don't seem to realise is this gravey train will one day be detailed and then they'll need all the other clubs again.
Here is a much bigger full article here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...glish-football
Old 11-10-2020, 16:39   #93
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Here is a much bigger full article here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...glish-football
I hope it fails. Why should the richer clubs have more say than the other clubs? When the Premier League kicks off at the start of the season every club starts off as equal and so it should be in every other matter. The proposal tries to say the big clubs are concerned for the smaller clubs in the lower leagues. Well if that's the case put their hands in their pockets and support them unconditionally. They think nothing of spending sixty,seventy odd millions on players and their wages so why not spend some of that on supporting lower League clubs?
Old 11-10-2020, 16:42   #94
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I hope it fails. Why should the richer clubs have more say than the other clubs? When the Premier League kicks off at the start of the season every club starts off as equal and so it should be in every other matter. The proposal tries to say the big clubs are concerned for the smaller clubs in the lower leagues. Well if that's the case put their hands in their pockets and support them unconditionally. They think nothing of spending sixty,seventy odd millions on players and their wages so why not spend some of that on supporting lower League clubs?
l totally agree with your sentiments.
Old 11-10-2020, 21:35   #95
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

They just want to play less games for the same absurd levels of money. Makes financial sense or...

you can choose to follow and support real local football that's not on TV. Spectators are allowed at a lot of non league now. Let's get back to basics
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 15:26   #96
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Are we becoming Formula One now? No thanks. I'd rather not have a group of teams making decisions that ruin the rest.

Trying not to forget that both Liverpool and Spurs both thought they should and could have their say on Newcastles takeover. Find it odd Manchester City and Manchester United both declined to stick their nose in. Its almost as if one had ties to the Arab state and the other was rolling in Arab sponsorship money

Cementing your place in the top 6 for as long as the rules persist whilst getting to veto any team that comes under potential takeovers from richer owners. Then passing that off with some token payments to the lower leagues. Slimey. We can already see straight through it.

How dare anyone else be rich.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 12-10-2020 at 15:44.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 19:30   #97
telegramsam
telegramsam

The top 6 clubs are almost becoming a closed shop. What next,any club that dates to take points from them get fined? Compulsory transfer of any player they fancy? I think this proposal should be given the red card.
Old 12-10-2020, 20:31   #98
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

It's the fear of it becoming the top 8, the top 10 and then a fully competitive league. How dare Leicester City take away Champions League spots from far richer teams.

The polls are showing exactly as you'd expect, this has gone down like a lead balloon.
Old 12-10-2020, 21:17   #99
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
It's the fear of it becoming the top 8, the top 10 and then a fully competitive league. How dare Leicester City take away Champions League spots from far richer teams.

The polls are showing exactly as you'd expect, this has gone down like a lead balloon.
I'm not surprised it's going down like a lead balloon. Clubs should have ambition and the way Leicester are mussleing in on the big six amuses and pleases me no end.
Old 13-10-2020, 20:10   #100
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Greg Clarke throws the top six under the bus.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-league-threat

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

The 20 supporter trusts of the current 20 Premier League teams oppose Project Big Picture.

Couldn't get much worse could it? Manchester United supporters Trust are the latest to voice their displeasure. As if Two American owners thought they'd get the backing of Man United fans

They've made a monumental mess of this. As above its a massive power grab attempt with the disguise of helping lower league clubs. If we're that hell bent on helping, why does anything need to change? Just offer up the money right now. Didn't think so.

Has anyone checked if Everton have the correct permit to be top of the league?

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 13-10-2020 at 20:14.
Old 13-10-2020, 20:21   #101
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Everton and possibly Arsenal have the longest continuous stay in the top division, Premiership or old 1st division.

I found it annoying that Villa had been left out of the privileged 14 when they have spent more years in the Premiership than Man City, surely it’s not all about money.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 10:43   #102
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

14 clubs expected to shoot down proposal today. Obviously that leaves six. Not sure if that's THE six.
Old 14-10-2020, 10:51   #103
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I like some of these plans. Getting rid of the Charity Shield = good. I wouldn't get rid of the League Cup but I would exempt any team in Europe from it. It's one of the less popular ideas but I also support reducing the teams to 18. I think there are far too many games but I worry they'll simply find more time for European football instead.

I like the reduction to 18 teams because I think you could do a post-Christmas winter break with those reduced fixtures. Something has to be done about fixture congestion, whenever there is a cancelled game it causes real headaches for teams. We're seeing more and more cases of teams having games really close to each other.

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
14 clubs expected to shoot down proposal today. Obviously that leaves six. Not sure if that's THE six.
I think this is the opening salvo of a longer-term war. The big six will keep trying and these proposals might have been designed to make a concession more palatable. The big six want an NFL style league IMO. Not because they're worried about relegation but they're worried about more Manchester Citys, it's not about dropping out but other teams coming in.

To be in a protected slot instantly increases the value of the clubs because any new investor can't just buy a 'lower' tier club to get a seat at the big boy's table.

And so long as Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Manchester City and Chelsea are part of it then they'll have the prospect of making such a league possible.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 11:10   #104
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

There's already another Manchester City on the horizon dependent on how the legal battle goes. Southampton are for sale. Leicester and Everton are still making decent inroads. There's still strong suggestion with subtle hints from De Marco that the Premier League caved in and PIF will be arriving in the league very soon.

As earlier in the thread. Seems quite coincidental this that both Liverpool and Spurs (Also a few others) Tried to interfere and lobby the Premier League against Saudi Arabia taking over a Premier League club. Not a peep from anyone when they made enquiries about Manchester United. Two teams that absolutely didn't make an attempt were Manchester United and Manchester City. The former rolling in the Saudi sponsorship and the latter with deep links to the Saudi state.

I think removing teams in European competition from the league cup is a good idea, even we don't fancy playing it half of the time but it may sway that if the bottom half fancy their chances a bit more. I think giving the EFL a bursary each season is a good idea. That's it. That seems more like common sense than having to change the complexion of an entire league to justify it. Essentially all because the usual suspects are wetting the bed at the thought of being stretched even further.

I used to remember watching multiple teams play on a weekend and actually enjoying it. I really don't anymore. Arsenal invincibles, Mourinho's Chelsea and the Ronaldo show at Manchester United. Peak Premier League for me. Those teams really elevated the status but the point was fans of every team watched in admiration. The league belongs to us.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 14-10-2020 at 11:19. Reason: League cup
Old 14-10-2020, 13:22   #105
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

The 14 opposing Premier League clubs call for the resignation of EFL boss Rick Parry.