Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 14-10-2020, 16:15   #10051
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubear View Post
Personally I think it’s disgusting that we are being fleeced to fill fat cat pockets. I will be accessing the naughty streams to watch my team. No way am I parting with that kind of money when I pay enough for sports within my current package.
I will second that statement!
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2020, 22:34   #10052
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubear View Post
Go to on demand, select Live Sports Events and a wrestling event from September will show up!! Press the red button then all the games are shown. £14.95 for HD and SD.

Personally I think it’s disgusting that we are being fleeced to fill fat cat pockets. I will be accessing the naughty streams to watch my team. No way am I parting with that kind of money when I pay enough for sports within my current package.
If I knew how to, I would be tempted.

Also, I notice that the standard best 'match of the day' and half hour highlights of the others are missing from Saturday's schedule.

So not only do they want more money off us they are giving us less in our subs.

Right Royal rip-off
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 00:14   #10053
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

An open letter has been started here by the newspaper publisher Reach protesting about the £14.95 PPV.
https://data.reachplc.com/202873086121047
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 10:13   #10054
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Although I can understand that football fans would rather view football for free, like it used to be, I’m not quite understanding the furore over PPV.

Footie followers are already paying Sky, BT and Amazon to see the game. I get that.

But the PPV games are not normally televised - they are extra. So nobody is getting less football: they are getting more choice for an extra charge - if they want to pay it.

The only way they would have been able to watch these matches prior to the pandemic would have been to go to the stadium and pay silly money.

So actually, is PPV not a cheaper option than people had before?

If I have got this wrong, I am happy to be corrected, but I am really struggling to see what the problem is.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 10:41   #10055
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The problem isn’t that games are being taken from existing packages - it’s that football fans know where this ends and it doesn’t end well.

In the course of the next 8 weeks or so boxing fans are going to be asked to cough up £110 in pay-per-view events.

So if there’s £14.95 fixtures are a proven success it’s only a matter of time before football fans are getting fleeced further for the more appealing games.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 11:50   #10056
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The problem isn’t that games are being taken from existing packages - it’s that football fans know where this ends and it doesn’t end well.

In the course of the next 8 weeks or so boxing fans are going to be asked to cough up £110 in pay-per-view events.

So if there’s £14.95 fixtures are a proven success it’s only a matter of time before football fans are getting fleeced further for the more appealing games.
Exactly my opinion entirely. Football fans must all stick together and refuse to pay for these games.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 14:31   #10057
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

That, I fear, is bang on the money, the TV companies will show the less attractive games on the already paid for subs to Sky Sports and BT Sport, and will then offer the more attractive games at the PPV £14.95 price.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 15:21   #10058
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That, I fear, is bang on the money, the TV companies will show the less attractive games on the already paid for subs to Sky Sports and BT Sport, and will then offer the more attractive games at the PPV £14.95 price.
With that sort of cynicism I don’t know why we don’t agree more often.
Old 15-10-2020, 15:46   #10059
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
With that sort of cynicism I don’t know why we don’t agree more often.
I agree.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 16:41   #10060
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Exactly what could happen - of course Sky/BT will pay a lot less for the general packages but EPL will hope to make up the loss on the PPV matches.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 18:10   #10061
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

As the channels are not making money on the PPV matches the incentive for them is to still get the best games on the sports channels.

Quote:
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 18:15   #10062
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I see. So the choice is for the matches that would not normally be televised to be available on PPV or alternatively, for the matches not to be screened at all.

Or you could simply watch them down at the pub.

Well, I guess you pays your money and you takes your choice.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 18:18   #10063
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I see. So the choice is for the matches that would not normally be televised to be available on PPV or alternatively, for the matches not to be screened at all.

Somewhat ironic that the football fans in the thread express concern and the non-football fan who wants to see rights costs driven up and further splintered has no issue with it.
Old 15-10-2020, 18:21   #10064
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The BT and Sky selection continues as normal based on the number of times a club can be shown etc.

The five (or so) matches not being selected will be shown on PPV with all profits going direct to EPL with broadcasters only covering costs.

Is only planned for next three weeks currently.

Quote:

ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 18:51   #10065
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Good luck watching them down the pub if you're a Liverpool or Everton fan and live in the region, with its non-food pubs closed and one temporarily renamed.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote