Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Movies Christmas lineup 2020

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Movies Christmas lineup 2020

Old 10-10-2020, 23:13   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Sky Movies Christmas lineup 2020

With cinema all but grinding to a complete hault since March of this year I was starting to think what Sky's big Christmas premiers will be this year. It's usually a lucrative time of year for SKY as they capture new subscribers for the holiday period. They've spent big in recent years with glitzy sentimental campaigns to sell the image of gathering round the box as a family and enjoying the years biggest blockbusters.

Anyone have any ideas what this year's big movies will be? I don't know all the ins and outs of the various studio deals and what Disney plus intend to do with their content but Mulan, Spiderman Far From Home and Bad Boys 3 are about all that comes to mind.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2020, 23:41   #2
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Sky Movies Christmas lineup 2020

Doubt there will be anything significant but with pub closures, increased social restrictions I'm sure it'll be a good Christmas for Sky.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 00:02   #3
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

This article - https://theversion.co/2020/09/20/las...er-highlights/ - gives us an idea of what’s coming in November...

So based on what’s coming in October and November, if I was to take an educated guess I would think...

Trolls World Tour
Birds Of Prey
Sonic The Hedgehog
Bad Boys For Life
Doolittle
Emma
Cats

It’s a solid enough line up for Christmas but I suspect their 2021 line up is going to be a lot trickier - while I doubt they will have a problem procuring a new premiere each day, their main Friday night anchor is going to be severely compromised - with few studios movies available (and I would imagine things like Tenet & Bill and Ted 3 not available until April or May), it going to be interesting to see how they handle that. I suspect we may see a few more movies being released under the Sky Original brand (they have at least 3 known titles yet to release)...
Phunkenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 00:55   #4
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
This article - https://theversion.co/2020/09/20/las...er-highlights/ - gives us an idea of what’s coming in November...

So based on what’s coming in October and November, if I was to take an educated guess I would think...

Trolls World Tour
Birds Of Prey
Sonic The Hedgehog
Bad Boys For Life
Doolittle
Emma
Cats

It’s a solid enough line up for Christmas but I suspect their 2021 line up is going to be a lot trickier - while I doubt they will have a problem procuring a new premiere each day, their main Friday night anchor is going to be severely compromised - with few studios movies available (and I would imagine things like Tenet & Bill and Ted 3 not available until April or May), it going to be interesting to see how they handle that. I suspect we may see a few more movies being released under the Sky Original brand (they have at least 3 known titles yet to release)...
Good shout. I'm thinking the new animated Scrooby Doo movie too. Totally forgot about Trolls and Sonic.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:29   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Totally forgot about Trolls and Sonic.
I think most people have tried to

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:41   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post

Trolls World Tour
Birds Of Prey
Sonic The Hedgehog
Bad Boys For Life
Doolittle
Emma
Cats

None of which I would bother to watch.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote