Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Annoying things in life

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Annoying things in life

Old 06-12-2003, 01:47   #46
Flubflow
Inactive

Flubflow has a bronzed appealFlubflow has a bronzed appeal
Flubflow has a bronzed appeal
Re: Annoying things in life

Jamie Oliver.
I suppose that goes without saying though.
Flubflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2003, 01:51   #47
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubflow
Jamie Oliver.
I suppose that goes without saying though.
the naked chief
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 02:01   #48
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

I quite like Jamie Oliver.

Things I hate I guess are..

people who are unreasonable. Covers a multitude of things really.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 02:36   #49
Flubflow
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor
I quite like Jamie Oliver.

Things I hate I guess are..

people who are unreasonable. Covers a multitude of things really.
You actually like him?
Apart from anything else, have you seen the way he speaks to his wife? That's on camera so gawd knows what he's like behind closed doors.
Annulus young pup.
If I was her I'd divorce that little mockney-cockney sh*t and take half. Maybe she just likes the brat type and enjoys mothering him.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:44   #50
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Can't say I've ever seen him treat his wife badly. Which TV show showed that ?
Old 06-12-2003, 03:19   #51
Flubflow
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor
Can't say I've ever seen him treat his wife badly. Which TV show showed that ?
Jamie's Kitchen. He was in a taxi and was giving his pregnant wife a load of me,me,me,me, self-centred clap trap and totally not listening to her argument. If I was her I would have found it hard not to bitch-slap Jamie Scooterboy upside his fat head right in front of the camera.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:42   #52
Nor
Inactive

You from the bronx by any chance ?

bitch slap eh ? I watched that show myself and can't say I took from it what you did. I guess its easy though for 2 folk to take different things from 1 incident.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:24   #53
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

You ask for mayo and the burger shufflers ignore you so you mow down the manager - perfectly reasonable response that showed considerable restraint.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3295965.stm

greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 10:28   #54
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper
You ask for mayo and the burger shufflers ignore you so you mow down the manager - perfectly reasonable response that showed considerable restraint.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3295965.stm

on a related note... ordering a custom burger (any custom thing) and having to wait about 20 minutes while the snotheads out back get round to ordering it

also... those irritating toilet attendants that try to get you to wash your hands. when you are out on the **** and need the toilet, you dont want to have to fork out a quid to some guy just for him putting soap in your hands

also... old drivers who seem to think the speed limit is the same as when they had red flag men walking in front of the car

also... women drivers (most of the time its women anwyay who botch up a parallel park, try to do it again about 5 times and end up alsmot running poor dave over when he is *on the pavement*

also... people who let their dogs **** on the pavement in autumn when the leaves are all over the pavement so you cant actually see the stuff to avoid it

*has a chip on his shoulder about life
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 12:02   #55
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stones

also... women drivers (most of the time its women anwyay who botch up a parallel park, try to do it again about 5 times and end up alsmot running poor dave over when he is *on the pavement*

*has a chip on his shoulder about life
Erm - how about men who complain about women drivers??
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 12:55   #56
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Erm - how about men who complain about women drivers??
i dont have a problem with them personally

the statement is a general one, just in my experience it happens to be women who do it more so than men...
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 13:55   #57
Nor
Inactive

People who use leet speak.

Like someone annoucing something such as their birthday by saying "i r 20". Drives me nuts.
Old 06-12-2003, 14:19   #58
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
you do know due to the way some peoples speech is 'shaped' they cannot help saying that...........
So they say things like "I'm off fishing, now where's my flaxe of coffee?"
Or if they're managers "Right team, your taxe this quater is to..."

Maybe gordon brown has this problem, and he's actually saying "We're going to raise goverment tasks" but it comes out as "we're going to raise goverment taxes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett
Drivers who drive right up behind you in the fast lane of the dual carrage way when you are doing the legal limit and flash there lights cos they want to get past.
People who do 40 along single carrige ways when it's the national speed limit, then keep doing 40 or even speed up when they go through a 30limit village returning to 40 when they get to the national speed limit the other side.

People who do 60 on a single lane duel carrige way. For goodness sake why do people think the duel in duel carrigway means 2 lanes and not 2 carrigways?

Or slow right down to something like 30 when you can't safely overtake, but speed up when you could. (corsicans have the right [tho dangerous, and completely stupid so don't do it] idea, they just close their eyes and overtake. ever noticed that you only seem to pass cars coming the other way at the straight bits of country lanes?)
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 14:28   #59
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor
People who use leet speak.

Like someone annoucing something such as their birthday by saying "i r 20". Drives me nuts.
1 h4t3 th0s3 h4x0rs t00
downquark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 14:32   #60
Nor
Inactive

With regards to that ask and axe thing. Most pronounced time I've heard that was listening to Wonderful Tonight covered by some american group. I think they are quite famous but it drove me mad when he sings "and she axe me how do I feel" grrrr

Personally I think its just laziness why people pronounce axe instead of ask.