Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 17-01-2020, 23:13   #2101
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Why are we debating this silly bong business? Is it the dearth of Brexit news that makes us grab these miserable crumbs?
One last hurrah for the people who want to be on TV having an outrage moment. I saw Mark Francois was back on the rounds bleeting on about having to have the bells.
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2020, 01:52   #2102
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

£500,000 to make a bell ring.

I would do it for half that

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 18-01-2020, 10:04   #2103
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I agree. I think celebrating Brexit would be distasteful, very un-British and insulting to our former EU partners who have done nothing wrong to us.
I too have Ben consistent in saying I’m happy to remain (and keep sticking it to them) and content to leave (they are undemocratic, federalist and serving the interests of France & Germany).

But to say they’ve done nothing wrong to us is stretching reasonableness somewhat. For starters, to suit French working practices, they changed the basis for the WTD from unanimity to a H&S wheeze so that our flexible working arrangements would come under their control.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 18-01-2020, 11:55   #2104
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
One last hurrah for the people who want to be on TV having an outrage moment. I saw Mark Francois was back on the rounds bleeting on about having to have the bells.
He's got to be one of the most talentless pratts in Parliament, which is some achievement...

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]I too have Ben consistent in saying I’m happy to remain (and keep sticking it to them) and content to leave (they are undemocratic, federalist and serving the interests of France & Germany).
It is nice that the the thread has now become full of remain converts.. See, I knew CF members weren't all bad .

We're missing the EU before we've left, maybe we've had a glimpse of the brave new future. Thing is, no matter how many may disown it in the coming years months or blame others for things going wrong (what's new ?!) Brexit ownership and it's consequences will be very much copywrite the Tory party.
Old 18-01-2020, 12:04   #2105
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
He's got to be one of the most talentless pratts in Parliament, which is some achievement...
here we go again, he’s a Brexiteer, so according to your warped findings, he has to be so bad. Change the record FFS.

For the record. He got a far more interesting CV, than you will ever have.

But nonetheless. The above is a typical pathetic response from a hardline Remainer and chief moaner, who cannot accept their side lost, SEVERAL times!
Old 18-01-2020, 12:09   #2106
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Brexit: 'No alignment' with EU on regulation, Javid tells business

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51157933
Old 18-01-2020, 12:29   #2107
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post

As it should be. We’re leaving the EU’s corrupted policies behind, the whole point is, we are leaving our seat at the table, so we will not be a rule taker either.
Old 18-01-2020, 12:44   #2108
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post

To his credit, Javid knows the damage this will cause the country

Quote:
Sajid Javid: The only thing leaving the EU guarantees is a lost decade for British business
I was Culture Secretary at the time, and the company’s chief executive was explaining why they’d chosen the UK for their main base outside North America.
It had a lot to do with wealth of creative talent here. But the clincher was the Single Market – it meant they could broadcast to up to half a billion viewers across 28 countries and only have to deal with regulators in the UK. Thanks to common standards across Europe, they didn’t have to worry about meeting the demands of dozens of different local bureaucrats.
It was a similar story when I worked in financial services. If I wanted to seal a deal in, say, Paris, all I had to do was hop on a train, get the paperwork signed and head home again. My biggest worry was whether I’d be back in time to put the kids to bed.
I’m a Eurosceptic and proud of it. I think the Euro is a bad idea. I have no time for ever-closer union and I’ve long been a vocal critic of Brussels’ worst excesses.
But, just like Bank of England Governor Mark Carney and IMF head Christine Lagarde, I still believe that Britain is better off in. And that’s all because of the Single Market.
It’s a great invention, one that even Lady Thatcher campaigned enthusiastically to create.
The world’s largest economic bloc, it gives every business in Britain access to 500 million customers with no barriers, no tariffs and no local legislation to worry about.
It’s no surprise that nearly half of our exports go to other EU nations, exports that are linked to three million jobs here in the UK. And as an EU member we also have preferential access to more than 50 other international markets from Mexico to Montenegro, helping us to export £50 billion of goods and services to them every year.
Even companies that are neither exporters nor part of the export supply chain – your local corner shop, for example – benefit from the economic growth that kind of access brings.
https://www.sajidjavid.com/news/saji...itish-business
Old 18-01-2020, 13:24   #2109
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

l does tie in with Boris Johnson's "**** business" agenda so they are singing from the same hymn sheet though.
Old 18-01-2020, 14:05   #2110
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

Isn’t it funny how “People in a true democracy can change their minds.” But only when it benefits those with a one sided agenda.
Old 18-01-2020, 14:12   #2111
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Isn’t it funny how “People in a true democracy can change their minds.” But only when it benefits those with a one sided agenda.
Has Javid actually changed his mind?

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l does tie in with Boris Johnson's "**** business" agenda so they are singing from the same hymn sheet though.
Airbus and Vauxhall can't be too happy. I really hope that it's just pre-negotiation posturing.
Old 18-01-2020, 16:54   #2112
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I too have Ben consistent in saying I’m happy to remain (and keep sticking it to them) and content to leave (they are undemocratic, federalist and serving the interests of France & Germany).

But to say they’ve done nothing wrong to us is stretching reasonableness somewhat. For starters, to suit French working practices, they changed the basis for the WTD from unanimity to a H&S wheeze so that our flexible working arrangements would come under their control.
Everything the EU did, whilst we were members, we were party to.
Old 18-01-2020, 17:14   #2113
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Yes, what utter barstewards, ensuring workers the right to at least 4 weeks in paid holidays each year, rest breaks, and rest of at least 11 hours in any 24 hours; restricting excessive night work; a day off after a week's work; and provides for a right to work no more than 48 hours per week.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 18-01-2020, 17:27   #2114
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yes, what utter barstewards, ensuring workers the right to at least 4 weeks in paid holidays each year, rest breaks, and rest of at least 11 hours in any 24 hours; restricting excessive night work; a day off after a week's work; and provides for a right to work no more than 48 hours per week.
That has to be set off against the fear of France and others that UK working practices gave the UK a potential advantage. So they stiffed us - albet people in the UK have the right to opt out.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 18-01-2020, 18:32   #2115
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

What UK working practices gave us advantages, please?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread