Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 30-10-2019, 21:23   #1141
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

New shows on Virgin TV Ultra HD...

Pure
Starts on Thursday 31 October at 9pm

Noah Funk (Ryan Robbins) is a pastor with a difference. Working undercover in an organised crime network, his goal is to eradicate the drugs that are tearing his community apart. But it’s not going to be easy. This lean and mean Canadian drama has plenty of grit to keep you perched on the edge of your sofa.

Darklands
Starts on Monday 25 November at 9pm

Ready to be totally and utterly gripped by a brand new Virgin Media Original? Gritty Irish crime drama Darklands follows a young MMA fighter as he attempts to escape his tough neighbourhood. But when his brother goes missing, he’s soon drawn into a murky world of drug gangs and bloodshed. Mean, moody and magnificent, you’ll be floored by this unmissable new series.

Plus:

Travel With A Goat
Starts on Monday 4th November at 7.20pm

Around the World in 80 Tricks
Starts on Tuesday 5th November at 7.20pm

Living Stone
Starts on Wednesday 6th November at 7.20pm

Car Crews With Supercar Blondie
Starts on Thursday 7th November at 7.20pm

The 30//10 Challenge
Starts on Friday 8th November at 7.20pm

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...o-watch-in-uhd
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2019, 23:25   #1142
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
New shows on Virgin TV Ultra HD...

The 30//10 Challenge
Starts on Friday 8th November at 7.20pm
Come on Virgin - Need to wait over an week to watch something that happen yesterday?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 14:40   #1143
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Just received an email from the BBC to say that episodes of Dracula are available on iPlayer in UHD
Old 08-01-2020, 20:38   #1144
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Just received an email from the BBC to say that episodes of Dracula are available on iPlayer in UHD
Bit useless for those who have already watched it. At least with "Seven Worlds, One Planet", you could wait until the episode became available in 4K, and watch it then.

How do we find what content is available in 4K? Nothing appears to say that "Dracula" was available on iPlayer in 4K, until you watch it. Then iPlayer shows it's in "UHD".
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 21:17   #1145
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Bit useless for those who have already watched it. At least with "Seven Worlds, One Planet", you could wait until the episode became available in 4K, and watch it then.

How do we find what content is available in 4K? Nothing appears to say that "Dracula" was available on iPlayer in 4K, until you watch it. Then iPlayer shows it's in "UHD".
I just checked found it to test it and it in HDR too did search and found it
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 21:19   #1146
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I just checked found it to test it and it in HDR too did search and found it
I know, that's how I knew it was labelled UHD, but only when played. The info available before that just says HD.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 17:40   #1147
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Ok, I know it's only the middle of February but has anybody heard anything about when this might be happening? I'm really rather looking forward to being able to watch Sky Sports on my shiny new 4K TV!
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 17:43   #1148
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
Ok, I know it's only the middle of February but has anybody heard anything about when this might be happening? I'm really rather looking forward to being able to watch Sky Sports on my shiny new 4K TV!
Been asking for ages was hoping 1st March but it's anyone's guess
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 17:45   #1149
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
Been asking for ages was hoping 1st March but it's anyone's guess
Fingers crossed then...
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2020, 20:32   #1150
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

You can bet your bottom dollar that it won't launch until the new football season starts in August.
Old 19-02-2020, 21:12   #1151
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
You can bet your bottom dollar that it won't launch until the new football season starts in August.
For those with UHD capabilities, unfortunately I suspect you are correct.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2020, 10:55   #1152
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
I think that with the Sky/BT deal finally being implemented tomorrow, the Sky/Virgin deal will follow fairly soon. I believe the two may be linked.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2020, 12:00   #1153
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I can understand Sky wanting the UHD for sports to have the start coincide with the start of a new football season, but the non-sports UHD doesn't have to wait.

Sky seem to like to keep a constant stream of new services/announcements, rather than a splurge all at once, so I wouldn't be surprised if something comes soon. Just not all of it.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 00:18   #1154
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I’ve watched a few movies on Sky Cinema on demand recently, I have to say the picture quality is superb.
Just wondering if they are already streaming in UHD and just not flagged as such.

I had a wee look at the PQ on Sky One’s Cobra and it seemed very very crisp also.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 16:25   #1155
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Just wondering if anyone watched the movie premiere of The Curse of La Llorona in HD on Virgin Media Sky Premier the movie never looked any thing like HD I think 720p at Best
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote