Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cheap cordless handheld vacuum cleaner recommendations?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Cheap cordless handheld vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Old 10-01-2020, 15:13   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Cheap cordless handheld vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Can anyone recommend me a cheap cordless handheld vacuum cleaner up to £50 with enough suction for use on sofa,stairs, car etc?
Old 10-01-2020, 15:44   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: cheap cordless handheld vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Go for the highest voltage you can find. Anything under 12v will suck at sucking IMHO.

If you're quick, Lidl has this on offer NOW

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/laundry-...cleaner/p28713
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 16:29   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: cheap cordless handheld vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Go for the highest voltage you can find. Anything under 12v will suck at sucking IMHO.

If you're quick, Lidl has this on offer NOW

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/laundry-...cleaner/p28713
Thanks i will check it out, not sure i have a store close to me though!

Closest is 17 miles away in the area where i work so i could possibly pop in Monday before work, annoyingly i was there 2hrs ago.

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

The which report thinks it based on a Hoover as they're made by the same company and that scores 34%.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 10-01-2020 at 16:11.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 17:28   #4
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Cheap cordless handheld vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Silvercrest stuff is usually pretty good value for money, however my experience of these cheap cordless ones is they're bad, either no power, or battery doesn't last long enough. I had an Argos own one which was a waste of time and money, a Vax one, and another one.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on hotukdeals and get a Dyson one when they're reduced, they're still expensive, and I wouldn't buy a normal vacuum cleaner by them, but the one I got was £100 I think rather than £200, but it's bloody good, ideal for sofas stairs, going round the edges etc
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 18:32   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Don't want to spend much so £50 max to help clean new sofa.
Old 10-01-2020, 18:34   #6
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

GTech have a clearance sale on at the moment. Worth a look at the multi. We have one, as part of a dual buy deal, and it works pretty well especially the powered head. Demon on the car and stairs.

22v battery and around 30 minutes run time.
Old 10-01-2020, 21:40   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Don't get too hung up on 'cordless', mains will always give a better result. This.seems a good deal:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/VonHaus-Han...ht/24027531269
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote